|Feats||Hardiness vs. Enchantments, Immunity to Sleep, Low-Light Vision, Keen Sense, Skill Affinity (Listen, Search, Spot)|
- "More so than other elves, moon elves are drawn to a variety of paths. They have a great love of music and make excellent bards. Moon elves do not possess the depth of reverence of the Seldarine the sun elves do, nor the bond with nature of the wood elves... moon elves are enamored of magic, and a great number take up the wizard's arts." -- Races of Faerûn
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments grants a +2 bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells.
- Immunity to Sleep renders them immune to all sleep spells and effects.
- Keen Sense allows Elves to apply their full Search skill even when making a passive search.
- Low-Light Vision
- Skill Affinity: Elves gain a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
Fair skin, sometimes tinged with blue, and hair of silver-white, black, or blue distinguish Moon Elves from their cousins. Their eyes are typically blue or green, with gold flecks. Humanlikes colors are somewhat rare. Moon Elf males tend to stand between 5' (152.4 cm) and 6'6" (198.12 cm), with females averaging 5" (12.7 cm) shorter.
Moon Elves are more impulsive than the other elves, and dislike remaining in one place for any significant amount of time. Most moon elves are happiest when traveling, especially across the expanses of untrodden wilderness that still survive in Faerûn. This is probably the single greatest reason why they are so much more friendly and accommodating to other races than many other elves. They do not isolate themselves from the human lands behind impervious defenses. Moon elves have watched humankind for much longer than their sun or wood elf kin, and they know that nonelves aren't as foolish and unimportant as most other elves think. They feel that engaging promising human realms such as Silverymoon and instilling elven values and cultures in these young lands is a better way for the elven race to survive and thrive than hiding away and avoiding all contact with ambitious, grasping humans.
They are drawn to adventure through sheer wanderlust. They desire to see and do everything possible during their long lives. Like their allies the Harpers, moon elves believe that a single person of good heart who stands up to injustice or evil can make a big difference. The typical moon elf adventurer tends to be a wandering protector of the common folk, not a dungeon-plundering slayer of monsters.
More so than other elves, moon elves are drawn to a variety of paths. They have a great love for music and make excellent Bards. Moon elves do not possess the depth of reverence for the Seldarine the Sun Elves do, nor the bond with nature of the Wood Elves, but Clerics and Druids are not uncommon among the subrace. Many Moon Elves prefer stealth over strength, and often choose to become Rangers or Rogues instead. Like all elves, Moon Elves are enamored of magic, and a great number take up the Wizard's arts.
Moon elves share a natural affinity for arcane magic with the Sun Elves, although they tend to be more impulsive with their spells. Unlike their more disciplined kin, moon elves frequently pursue two or more paths at the same time, combining the study of magic with the arts of the swordmaster or the Rogue. Their favored class is Wizard.