Wizard Troubles

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Wizard Troubles

Post by Xanthea »

Aglaril sure has a problem on his hands. This is an OOC thread for him to discuss matters, and figure out who he might want to recruit ICly and such. People are certainly welcome to express an OOC interest here so other people can know what their options for recruiting are.

Same rule as before, which I will repost:

If you hit the bleed cap in engine, roll a 1d3. On a 1, you die. On a 2-3, you're bleeding out from -6 as per usual. This is a compromise against the bleed cap making people dying in a prepared group nearly impossible. If you die from an out of engine effect, like getting flung into a volcano, you just die.

This will probably be highly dangerous and I will not tailor it to the group involved, other than giving a rough level range (10-15). I will reward appropriately for the danger. Lower levels are welcome, if they wish, but survival is not guaranteed.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Wizard Troubles

Post by Ithildur »

*reads the above warnings* :shock:

*prepares for a solo adventure*

On a more serious note, I'll do some recruiting IC over the next few weeks... against impossible odds! I would ask you all: Are there still any
Spoiler:
fools
heroes left in ALFA?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

i volunteer daertho to join and trigger any golem related traps.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Keren would like to join. He just thinks it's very OOC for Aglaril to wear a breast plate so I can't join.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Just for Keren's sake I'll have him wear an elvish jockstrap and nothing else... mithral of course.

Might be very handy to have a couple of skills people, at least one with social skills, for this, as full frontal combat may be quite suicidal. Aglaril may have a plan which if we can pull off, can involve lower levels too (preferably elves, female is bonus, enjoys getting tied up like a slave even more a bonus), though we'll definitely want some higher lvls around.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Would like to set up a time sometime in the next couple of weeks when interested folks can be on at the same time to discuss this ingame; looking at a relatively euro friendly timeslot like weekend morning US time.

So far the folks that have expressed at least some degree of possible involvement in character (whether they actually participate in the DMed sessions or not) are:

Aglaril
Daertho
Thai's
Keren
Berendil

Other possibilities include Calil, Jax, Hully, I think Bu (and possibly Horatio? an appearance by Deva? Zyrus?) but I've not been able to discuss IC with these folks ingame yet (other than a short message via Sending spell; check your pms). I would like to shoot for either this coming or next weekend saturday or sunday morning US time.

If I'm forgetting someone that's interested, give me a holler please.

I'd advise having a +5 mithral jockstrap or +10 diplo/bluff of lace underthings ready! :)

boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Well, as said to Tha'is IC, and to Causk OOC...

Keren needs a bit more than Aglaril going: "Come save elves!"

So we'd need to RP about some concerns Tha'is was unable to answer to his satisfaction.

Also, much depends on RL schedules and business.
Can't do anything till the 19th.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Greengrass might be a good time to meet and discuss ingame, greater chance of more folks being online and near each other at the same time.

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Update: due to my HD crash and burn I completely missed Greengrass, but at this point it looks like boom and puny (and possibly Dergon if schedule allows) are in. Not sure who else at this point, a couple of others have IC hooks but I'm not totally sure whether they're in or not at this point.

I can send out some more Sending/PMs, but let's get some IC interaction at some point to set things up even if brief/via forums/pm's etc.

In other words, Swedes and Germans need to log in sometime. 8)

boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

im logging in but as alter ego, dont really fancy solo idling on ms with daertho. Is everyone related to this on bg and going to stay there for the moment?
PS: im the one and only kraut. and im sour.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I may come to MS soonish.
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Just a note. This is basically ready. I'll need a bit of advance notice so I can stop procrastinating and make NPCs and such, but I can do that in a couple days.

You can start planning if/when you want to do it.