Everyone calls me Giorgio

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Rumple C
Bard

Everyone calls me Giorgio

Post by Rumple C »

12.August.2015: Never forget.
Rumple C
Bard

Re: Everyone calls me Giorgio

Post by Rumple C »

Arboriculture:
noun
the cultivation of trees especially for ornamental purposes

Arborism:
noun
the practice or display of arborist acts, attitudes, or ideas

Arborist:
noun
a tree surgeon

Tree-ologist
noun
one who practices tree-ology

Tree-ology
noun
branch of science that deals with trees and their vital processes
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Excerpt from the 139th Giorgio & Sons family picnic and shareholders meeting

Well met again Giorgios! Welcome to the 139th Giorgio & Sons family picnic and shareholders meeting! As head of the family I am delighted to announce the business has had a record year... we have now taken a forty two percent market share!

I attribute this to your hard work and aggressive discounting out of head office. I should also note that on the back of aggressive discounting out of head office we are now losing fifteen moons on every tree under our care! Do not worry, what we lose in actual fiat, we will make up for in volume. We have the strategic reserves to continue on this path until we are the one and only Tree and Tree accessory business practicing tree-ology and arboriculture in Silverymoon and surrounds!... or until the reserves run out!

GLORY TO ALL GIORGIOS! MARKET FAILIURE TO OUR COMPETITOR!
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Giovanni Giorgio was taking five. Five steps back, and five minutes to think about the climb in front of him. You don't rush climbing. That is when people get hurt. Like the adventurers around him who kept falling off the gnarled and ancient root matter around them. The wizard and her bodyguard, the archer and the halfling, and the taller impatient human lady who was always rushing. Rushing. No good ever came of that.

So what was the best way to get reckless and feckless adventurers up to the orb? He could tie off... there, and clip on... there
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Wynna wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 am
While the humans amused themselves in a small room investigating the floor, Gio set about establishing priorities. They were clearly barking up the wrong tree, while he intended to right the tree bark...relieving it of the crystalline fruit troubling it.

While he fed rope through his hands, he studied the roots crossing through the empty shaft of this buried tower. They hung down from a ceiling of arched stone blocks, breaking in from multiple points. No light broke in with them, though there were a few places where the cracked ceiling showed gaps between stone and roots. The tangle they made in the center of the shaft was a mass of differing diameters, ranging from a few as thick as a warrior's arm to the merest whiskery fringe hanging off the others. Looking past the elven ranger clambering about without proper harness, he followed the thickest roots downward to where they plunged into the dark, cold waters below. Clever tree. Better at finding a drink than a Chauntean brewmaster.

Down there, the newcomer, Bellie, pottered around the circumference of the lower level, visible in and out of the roots, from altar to altar positioned around the water level.

Maybe the tree should have picked a better drinking hole, at that.

Gio lashed the rope to the most substantial root, one that descended like a pillar from the ceiling. Unless things went horribly wrong, it would make a suitable anchor. He tied a length of rope to a fallen stone, and tossed it as far as he could over a more central buttress. Falling, tightening the trailing line swiftly, the stone bounced when it hit the end of the its rope. He was able to hook it over with a crooked branch and lash it to the anchor point.

After that, Bobbular Fizzleguard was yer uncle. By the time he was done tying knots, a tightrope crossed from parapet to central rootball, with a webwork of handholds paralleling it above. A clipline hooked the harness to the upper ropes. If he'd done his work right -- and he always did his work right -- that should remove most of the danger for even the clumsiest tall folk. Even the armored priestess who'd spent most of her time thus far falling through the roots or climbing back up.

Most of the danger. If he'd done his work right.