The Nighthawk's Roosta

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
jmecha
Illithid

The Nighthawk's Roosta

Post by jmecha »

The clamor of the city of splendors never seemed to sleep, and neither did I. Reaching out to pour another cup to dull the senses, I started choking on my pipe smoke while the nonsense of the earlier encounter set me to laughing. Now what exactly was it that he had said?

He had said some foolish nonsense, alot of foolosh nonsense, and that was easy to dismiss. There was one question that had stood out. When he asked if I had a Clue, that got me. It was like a slap to the face and I wanted to go for his throat. It was not being in the public Square that stopped me, more so I recognized Roosta just was not the sort to have intended insult. You could see the genuine sincerity in both his eyes, the blue one and the green one, and somehow that sincerity made it hurt all the more when I was asked if I had a Clue.

"I am a Holistic Detective seeking cases, or more so they seek me!" I took another swallow from my cup and pulled from my pipe after repeating Roosta's earlier declaration. My drunken laughter filled my otherwise empty room within the Safehaven Inn.

Thankfully the Safehaven Inn proved cheaper then the other place near Caravan Court, where the wagons wheels and pack animals labored so loudly and often it became difficult to imagine what silence was. All and all there was nothing to like about being here in this city, but it was better then the alternative, and for the moment I had found employment as this Holistic Detective's Assistant.

"Well.....sometimes it Pays."

Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith