Realm of the Deepening Moon

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Brimsar the Wanderer
Frost Giant

Realm of the Deepening Moon

Post by Brimsar the Wanderer »

*A finely penned letter written in Espruar titled "Mother"*

Emilinya,

I have reached the furthermost edge. North, near where the Forest reaches the River Dessarin. Sun sets to the west in but a couple hours, already it casts long shadows as the river and marsh opens before me. I could make a few miles yet this cycle of the sun, but I will stay here tonight, one last night on the Forest edge, and travel southwest, along the River, with the dawn.

I cannot help but smile as I look upon the blueleaf and weirwood trees of our Realm. They call lovingly to me; offering comfort and solace and will always remain my reminder of home. It is peaceful and serene. I understand why any of pure heart would seek solace and comfort among them. I remember when she came to us; N'Tel'Quess, Elf but not Elven. A decade ago, I remember it well, she sought the solace of the woodland realm as she sought her fathers family. There was something of her voice, in her eyes. She was in earnest that day I believe, perhaps more so than at any point her young life. A beautiful soul encased by a hardened shell of the darkest bark. Eerily, she reminds me still of the Duskwood trees, deeper in the Forest, hard as iron, yet beautiful.

I remember too, the Council of High Elders as they made their decision; and I do not, I cannot, fault them. Their wisdom and knowledge to guide and protect our People is far beyond the perception of one such as I. But I cannot lie, and tell you I was not disappointed those ten years ago. I will not lie to you now, Emilinya. I cannot say I am sorrowed by this endeavor, though I know it pains you. I have often wondered what was beyond the woodland realm of our People. I have climbed the tallest of trees, and watched as the sun rose in morning, the dew glistening the sun's reflection of the broad leaves of the blueleaf trees, and wondered what was beyond. Perhaps it was her appearance among us, those years ago, that first planted the seed of desire to travel, as she had. Perhaps it is the foolishness of youth. Perhaps it is the wanderlust that strikes many of the Tel'Quessir, that pulls me along this path. Regardless, I find myself now much like the weirwood leaf upon a steady stream, I feel I float along, with no control, or desire, to change the course.

Though in this moment of reflection; my thoughts cannot help but wonder the motives of the High Elders. It is not my place to question them, but I do wonder: Why now do they wish to know more of her? Does guilt pull upon their heart and conscious, that they cast her from the Realm? Have they learned something more than they have shared? A decade, ten years is a long time in the eyes of the Edan's and N'Tel'Quess, but a breath in our own times. With the dawn I will follow the River Dessarin to Waterdeep and find her, as the Counsel of High Elders have asked. I do not doubt, should I find her, that I will know her. Without fail she will have endured the passing of time due to her mixed blood, no longer a woman-child, but an adult in their counting of years. But her eyes, those will not have changed. I will know when I see her, for it is truth that one can see the soul of a being, if you look into their eyes long enough. Perhaps then, the light of truth shall shine and I will see all the clearer.

But as I look back now, upon the woodland realm of my home, a more appropriate name I cannot think; the Realm of the Deepening Moon.

May you have the Strength of Corellon, the Beauty of Hannalli, the Joy of Aerali,

~ Anariolas Te'lyanthor
Late,

Brim
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Realm of the Deepening Moon

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Love it. Very evocative Brim, well done!
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
Brimsar the Wanderer
Frost Giant

*Another finely penned letter written in Espruar titled "Mother" is sent by courrier to the Ardeep Forest*

Emilinya,

I have arrived safe in this, the City of Splendors. It is has earned it's less formal name in earnest, for truly it is a magnificent locale of all races and creeds. An uneasy harmony lies over the whole of the City. It is as if tree and stone alike wish to grow in a place, and there are none to sculpt it into a thing of beauty. Yet there is beauty, raw beauty in the most unexpected places. The City of the Dead, a place as you'd surmise, is a place to honor the fallen of all goodly races, it is however; one of the most remarkable human gardens I can possibly imagine. To the south, as the coast line turns eastward the locals of Waterdeep have taken to dumping their refuse in what is not so affectionately known as the Rat Hills. It stinks, it breeds filth and even some that make their home their have been cursed with lycanthrope. Yet, beyond this squalor home of the unfortunate, one climbs a steep rough stairway, to look upon the Sea of Swords. The fresh breeze and salt air, easily defeating the odor of the Rat Hills. It is indeed a City of Splendors.

To the reason for my journey; Corellon Larethian guides me, as he always has, and within a tenday I have found that what was to be found here. I have seen her, for many cycles of the solstices in my minds eyes at reverie and wake both. But no imagination, longing or expectation could have prepared for what I have seen now that I have found her. In truth, since the decision of the High Elders, I have doubted their wisdom, their conviction and ultimately their decision. But what I have seen in these few days, perhaps they were wise and there is cause that they, and not I, sit upon the Counsel. If in truth the blood of the Tel'Quessir runs through her veins, then that portion of her being has become so perverse in a way to hardly be recognizable.

I have joined an association of folks, a guild they call it, that she is a member. I will see more of her and learn if the blood of the Tel'Quessir is truly in her veins then. If so, perhaps she can be rescued from herself. Until that is determined, hold my words close to your heart and do not share them.

Aillesel Seldarie,

~ Anariolas Te'lyanthor
Late,

Brim
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

ROLL TIDE
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Brimsar the Wanderer
Frost Giant

The sun rises, cresting in the east as the last of the smoke wisps from the campfire. Nestled between an outcropping of rocks, hidden from unsavory eyes his own almond shaped eyes scan the dawns horizon. The birds which have been so silent the last three days, begin to sing their morning song again. The breeze, downwind from one of the many bays along the shoreline, no longer carries with it a sour odor, but instead the sweet smell of seawater. It was time then, after three cycles of the moon, it was time to return to his new home.

For three days, the warband was stalked as they traveled the forest. For three days, around human settlements they marched. For three days, they slaughtered the beast, the animals, and the foolish that braved their passing. For three days, he watched them; silent, unseen, attentative. They were to many to confront in the open. However, a couple, those that lazed behind were taken, their life forfeit as the black blood nurished the forest floor. The band did not notice, and continued on, ever pressing, and him, ever watching. For three days they were stalked, until they returned to their lands.

The Zautruss swell in number.

The eyes of Westwood noticed.
Late,

Brim