Relics of Gwynneth Randoll

Moderator: NWN1 - MS DM

MikeyInMaine
Goblin Scout

Relics of Gwynneth Randoll

Post by MikeyInMaine »

Glenia looks at her companions, Aethelwulf, Aongus, Grommit and then turns to take a long look at Ramin. Turning from them she looks up into the clearing night sky now that the storm has passed. She bows her head and an ancient elvish dialect quietly speaks, the name of Angharradh is heard in the beginning and again as she finishes.

Looking back to her friends, “This is all I know and I would ask those who know it as well to correct any mistakes I may make in the telling. When Gwynneth Randoll lead the ffolk to the Isles centuries long passed, she bore several items of great power, the circlet of silver bearing the crest of the current house of Kendrick you saw the prince wearing may or may not be among them, I cannot answer but only venture a guess."

"A bracer made of bronze with the emblems of the wave and feather. Since bracers tend to be in pairs. There may be another, but I do not know if that is true or not. The Bracer was found when we ventured into the MacPontys family crypt, but as I told you. The crypt is far older than the ffolk for it was made by the Lleywrr. Our intention was to secret it away and learn more about it, but alas our friend Sargon, with his usual good intentions of his simple honesty spoke of them to the Laird, who demanded the return of his family heirloom. As you all know it was the return of that heirloom that became the cause of his death.”
“A sword with a hilt of bronze. It that hilt that forces our journey back to Corwell and the dangers that may await us. It is the same hilt that was recovered from the from the antechamber of the Xvart’s Caverns. A shield, the same one that we recovered from the Kobold Chieftain and now is kept safe within the Halls of Highhome beyond our and hopefully the reach of others.”

“Now whether or not the silver sword of Cymruch Hugh is one of them, but I guess it is possible. Still, I have my doubts since Friar Nolan said it was still with Tristan. Now that I have a moment to gather my thoughts, The Dark One the Elvish witch I spoke of she is a follower of the Dread Lord. I know not whether or not she is the spell-weaver you speak of Aethelwulf, perhaps she is or perhaps not. I do not know. I only know she crafted the ring that commands an undead servant that is locked with it which was also found in the MacPontys crypt.”
“As for the Dread Lord it is said he who may have been once embody in the Beast that Triston recently battled and Cymruch Hugh defeated all those long centuries ago. And no Aongus I was not around for that battle.” She smiles ever so slightly. “Now these relics are known to be of great power that can be for good or ill depending on the inclination of the one who wields them. That is why they were scattered across the Isles and buried in secret tombs, caves and crypts, for any who processes all of them may mean to do great good, but can easily stumble into causing even greater ill.”

“When we spoke with the Thane, he told us of what his people knew of Gwynneth Randoll. That she had the strength of a warrior, the compassion of a mother and the wisdom of a queen. She led the ffolk away from a great catastrophe, from the very clutches of death over the seas toward an unknown home. She stood upon the bow of the first ship with sword and shield held as to ward of the storm that blocked their way. From those she shone like a beacon of hope to come. While all the ffolk were enthralled with fear, she stood her watch upon that bow even as the storm-tossed seas worked to drown and break the ffolk. Her armor shone like the very sun itself. He said it was told there after that her armor even had the power to resist the will of the gods themselves. And, even now after all these centuries they still hold within them great power. More importantly he said under her guidance all peoples, Mountain, Vale and ffolk lived in peace.” She is seeming distracted as she looks into the distance. “He told us that they were lost over time one by one, but over the centuries they appear in the history of the Isles. Also, he knew not how many items there were. But, know you this he strongly spoke that they should not fall into the hands of those who would work their ill upon the land and the peoples into it, be they dwarven, elven, or ffolk.”

“What I suspect as a Sword Maiden of Angharradh and as a Warrior,” she pauses as if to skip over. “That there are more. Warrior tend to bare armor, and bracers as I said tend to come in pairs. The one we know of, as I said, has the emblems of the wave and feather, which may give the wearing power over the elements of water and air. I suggest you refer to the old tales about Gwynneth, and if there is another, perhaps it may rule fire and earth, but again that is only a guess on my part. The Circlet perhaps command, but I guess, and guessing will not serve us now.”

She looks into the night and sighs, “I have told all I recall and of what I know and suspect, but before anyone here speaks ill against any of our party, present or not. Remember we have all withheld things from one another that all of us needed to know. Let us now not start to cast dispersion from one another. Now it the time to stand together for alone we shall surely fail.”
She lowers her head as if a great weight comes to rest upon her, “Now we come to Friar Nolan, I know how I and Grommit feel, I love the man as I would a father, but.” She looks up at each of them, “If we fail and for some dark reason have to surrender the hilt, we may sacrifice all for the just one man. I am sorry, but we cannot let our hearts be swayed for just one of us.” She looks over toward Ramin, “No matter how much we may love. The need and concerns of the many must come before the needs of the few or the one.” Her head again sags as if under a great burden.
wookieboy
Skeleton's Knuckle

Re: Relics of Gwynneth Randoll

Post by wookieboy »

Ramin sits in the Thorndyke Inn, pouring over the few notes he has on him, cussing under his breath how he left the rest at the Temple. He pays no mind to the others around as they talk and ask if he is done writing. After an hour, with a sore hand and wrist, he gathers his notes, walks to the others and places down two pieces of paper. Walking away, eyes still dark circled he says, "Leave me alone, I am going to sleep." -

RELICS

Hilt:
found in the xvart caves in a chest
made of bronze
seemed to be a one hander
per the druids, Friar Nolan and the Dwarves of Highhome - radianted great power
per Thane of Highhome could be a relic of G. Randoll
was hidden in the Temple of Lanthander to keep safe, locked away

Bracer:
found in MacPonty crypts on an alter of skull and bones
radianted some power per the Druids
marked with a feather and wave - possible connection to Church is Pontswain????
Stolen by the S.K. after turned over to Laird MacPonty (Laird killed by S.K.)

Crown?:
Unknown, possible in Whitefish Bay in a shipwreck
Could of been dug up????
the Prince's Circlet???? Possible, need to know more about wreck in Whitefish bay

Armor?:
Unknown

Tristen's Sword:
is it a relic of Randoll?????
Last seen with Tristan per Nolan, Vermis and Druids??? or Thane???? ///sry forgot and cannot find note
CAER and Free Folk
Where is the Prince (side note - know now),why the harsh punishment of his people??? Gone mad??? Possessed??? Just power hungry?????
Constable Keegan seems ready to throw lives away at the Crag. Eyes madden at thought of battle and blood. Now arrested by Prince
Commander Vermis - hard yet seems fair. Was told to trust him by Nolan. Yet recent actions and words, man has changed attitude.
Seeks Crag no matter what are the dangers, even after being told the bandits along the southern coast are better trained and equipped.
Trust in the Caer is low...trust Vermis -that is scratched out and changed to - NO ONE
Emblem of the Silver Bear on banners on the Caer Corwell, matches bootprint found at scene of Laird's killing and on the Prince's Circlet
Is S.K. working for the Prince or framing him??? Are there elements of Free Ffolk working with the Caer trying to keep the Prince in check????
Is the Free Ffolk faction a ruse??? Multiple factions???? Could the Free Ffolk speak peacefully to us?????

Castle of Skulls
Found!!!!!!!
Dreaded place, could be source of Prince's madness if the is the case for his actions
Could the Free Folk (or bandits) be using the Crag to overlook the Castle. Are they watching and guarding from that evil or part of it????
GSID: OldWookiee
Current toon: who cares, it will be dead or retired soon

"Sarcasm - come on in" Brother Bill Hicks