Welcome To The Moonshae Isles!

Moderator: NWN1 - MS DM

bartleby
Brown Bear

Welcome To The Moonshae Isles!

Post by bartleby »

Welcome to the first of hopefully many more posts.

Right now were still gearing up but if you don't mind a bit of clutter here and there please feel free to start taking a look around. :D
Senor T
Ogre

Re: Welcome To The Moonshae Isles!

Post by Senor T »

We've been working on the old ALFA Moonshae Islands server in a fairly serious way. This is not a simple reboot of the old server. After reviewing the old areas it became clear that it needed some work to meet the standards set by WD, and given that we had plenty of new tilesets and resources at our disposal we decided to rebuild. We laid out a new grid for the islands and started working on the Kingdom of Corwell on Gwynneth. We kept the old City of Corwell, but merged the two areas together, and rebuilt Caer Corwell completely. The mod currently has the entirety of Corwell Road, along with the cities and towns along it, some mountains to the north of Corwell, and some farms and grassland south. Currently, as of right now, you can explore all of these shiny new areas to your heart's content.

Static Content
There will be static content on Moonshaes similar to what can be found on Waterdeep. Though it will take some time to develop and refine, we intend to use a loot note system like Waterdeep, and offer rewards that can be cashed-in in a static fashion as well. Currently in the mod are the Defiled Caverns (for starter content), the Sea Cave, and the Highland Farm (which features a scripted raid thanks to Bart). This content is being finalized currently. After these we plan to include a Pirate Treasure Cave as well.

I'm pretty happy with how Caer Corwell turned out, especially given the canon picture from the source book, so I'll show that off here to give you a preview.

We currently have a working vault and would be thrilled if you'd log in and give us some feedback.

Hope to see you on the server when we launch in the near future!

Currently laying the smackdown on Faerun as: Keryn Tel'Jora, who is XXX-TREME!!!.
Currently explaining the meaninglessness of it all as Vizian Nazyr.
Currently pointing out all other characters' shortcomings as Stephen the Archer.
Holy_Rage
Defender of Elven Values

Post by Holy_Rage »

Oh the memories! Thank you so much for bringing back one of the best decades of my life spent in the Moonshaes :)
Current ALFA1 PC: Raldin Thunderbeard

Mourning the passing of:
ALFA NWN1: Tergrash Forgesnuffer, Duergar Lairdson (orc-savaged in Ammarindar), Dalia Kaeldan (Ilmateri), Nermeduk the Gray (Half-Orc wizard) and many others
bartleby
Brown Bear

Post by bartleby »

I realized we haven't made an update post in a bit so wanted to share some of what the team has been hard at work on. I have a few clips of some of the in progress goodies that the shaes is cooking up.

Moonwells are starting to be added in with a few bells and whistles here and there.

We have custom useable items back in and working

Including fishing!

Our Xvart farm raids are 100% complete pending some play testing/balancing

We are now hard at work getting dynamic bandit groups on the roads

and randomly generated bandit camps in the forests where they belong!

And even a few stretch goals if we can get there

I plan to try to keep posting more things as they roll in. Next up will hopefully be a bit more on the awesome new areas the team is putting together! Thanks to Cast_No_Shadow, Electryc, Senor_T, Stormbringer, and Zetamog for all your hard work! Things are looking awesome!