US immigration lawyers - need advice

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

US immigration lawyers - need advice

Post by Twin Axes »

If you are one or have some legal insights as to this subject, please pm me.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: US immigration lawyers - need advice

Post by Veilan »

You need mountaineering equipment to scale the big, beautiful wall... fence... virtual fence... imaginary fence.

No legal expert here, but my first stop would be asking your foreign ministry and/or the American embassy.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

I already climbed that wall, I actually have US citizenship. This is more about falling down on the other side.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

If you're a US citizen who wishes to t ravel abroad or even live overseas (even permanently), I'd start with the travel.state.gov website.

Residency and Citizenship (nationality) are entirely different things; you remain a US National until you renounce it; keep your passport and you're fine.

If you're trying to gain citizenship in another nation, so long as they do not make you renounce your US nationality, you'r effectively a dual citizen. Note that most other states require you to renounce citizenship/nationality as part of the application process and even if you do retain US nationality, this can be quite nuanced. (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... ality.html)

Anyhow, start with travel.state.gov and talk with folks at the US Embassy if you're already abroad.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Twin_Axes, just marry those 4 girls, it'll be easier and cheaper....