PnP Moonshae campaign help.

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

PnP Moonshae campaign help.

Post by dergon darkhelm »

So it's been 5-6 years since I played any tabletop. I'm going to be running a game soon for some friends.

I'd love to hear input on ideas for encounters, places, people ... anything to stimulate my creative juices.

Here's the basics:

It's the late 1370s DR but things are different than the ALFA version of the Realms at the the same point in time.

The Time of Troubles ran for a decade, leading to widespread disease, war, political disruption and depopulation. On the Moonshaes this is best evidenced by an earthquake that destroyed Callidyrr, causing most of the city to tumble into the harbor, taking Caer Callidyrr and the entirety of the royal family and the majority of advisers with it. (Callidyr is now a ruined town, the harbor an used boulder field, the city plagued with many evil spirits). There is no longer a central government. Each island has either its own leadrship or factions controlling parts.

The Sea of Swords still roils in a near constant gale, nearly cutting the islands off from the mainland. Trade is virtually all intra/inter- island.

During this period the Moonshaes were also afflicted with a long term darkening period (as Shar was fighting). This weakened the barrier between the shadow plane and the prime material. Now in same places shadow creatures spill over, others that live in close proximity to the shadow taint become transformed to some degree.

Some people use this to their advantage. (I'm going to use one of Trid's pirates from Skaug, Maliceprow, as a pirate who has allegiances to some shades and is able to traverse the waters in the shadow plane (where it is calmer water) and thus establish dominance in priacy.)

____

The center of trade on Alaron is now a combination of agriculture and forestry in a town named Swanmayford (roughly where Cantrev Horsa is now), with goods floated up/down river to the small town of Blythe.

I'll be using a couple of older 3.5 adventure modules and shoehorning those in as I get more things ready. (Forge of Fury and Speaker in Dreams).

I'd love thoughts about ways to enrich the setting ... encounters, npcs, places, anything.

All constructive criticism and ideas welcomed!

thanks, ALFA!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
SCI-kick
Gelatinous Cube

Re: PnP Moonshae campaign help.

Post by SCI-kick »

Can I play ? I'm actually fairly close, GO TRIBE ! :D
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: PnP Moonshae campaign help.

Post by dergon darkhelm »

This campaign will actually be taking place over successive Labor day vacations over the next couple of years ... in Temagami, Ontario :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1