23 hours and counting - BG IE fans

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
maxcell
Githyanki

Re: 23 hours and counting - BG IE fans

Post by maxcell »

The site went down due to too much traffic lol but here is the skinny from the inside:
Beamdog’s Trent Oster then let a few additional details slip via Twitter:
“Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition is going to have new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members”
“Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition will include the Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion”
Oster then goes on to say that Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition will be using 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules. As well, the game will be “a Beamdog exclusive”, so that means that we at least for sure know that there will be a PC release. (But really, didn’t we already know that?) However, he then goes on to say the following:
“As for other platforms, tune in same time next week hopefully with 100% less explosions.”
(Referring to the fact that the page that was supposed to host this announcement went down due to too much traffic.)
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

Announcing that work begins. What an anticlimax. I blame you all for fanning the hype. :roll:
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

I accept your blame.

One other thing that makes me happy, they are partnering with Atari, and Wizards of the coast using the 2nd ed rules rather than forcing some new crap(re 4e) on us as I would expect with a joint effort that includes Wizards.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Toolset?.....alfa3?
;)
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

its definitely 2e, and its also definitely using a modified version of the original games code, so no... i highly doubt it'd support more than 6 players...

(and yes... i know you were kidding dorn!)
Standards Member

Current PC: Elenaril Avae'Kerym of the Lynx Lodge
<Heero>: yeah for every pc ronan has killed dming, paazin has killed 2 with his spawns
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

Itll be nice, and I will buy (as I have to on account of it being digital only and using some other silly client thats nit Steam).
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

I may buy...I saw the ipad version of Bard's Tale, not a bad remake. Hope this is for the PC as I refuse to buy an iPad...those are for ladies during their monthly...
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

its confirmed as at least being on PC... and as they've said it's keyboard and mouse, not controller, that'll mean it wont be on consoles.

They did also say there would be announcements on any further platforms this coming week (if any). Also apparently we can expect screenshots this week too.
Standards Member

Current PC: Elenaril Avae'Kerym of the Lynx Lodge
<Heero>: yeah for every pc ronan has killed dming, paazin has killed 2 with his spawns
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

I am now more skeptical. They have added a main post about it being released for the ipad at the same time as pc. Would that be feasible for a small company?

Also, the website looks like a middle schooler made it. In today's internet age, the first, fastest, and easiest thing they should have is a cool, kickass website to get and keep people interested.

my TWO cents
Tridisus
Retired

Post by Tridisus »

I doubt they have the money to chuck into much way of web artists, they are repackaging it and selling an old game.
ALFA (2000-??)
Past:
HDM and Builder Chessenta NWN1
DM and Builder Legends of Greyhawk NWN1
DM and Builder Exodus NWN2
Current:
Builder and DM Moonshae's
DM BG and WHL

Smoke me a kipper, I will be back for breakfast!!!