Authors

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
aidan the archer
Skeleton's Knuckle

Authors

Post by aidan the archer »

Who is your favorite Forgotten Realms author and why? :)
roleplaying Halandar Bramblefoot of Gullykin
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Re: Authors

Post by Rotku »

Favourite FR author? What? How can one have a favourite? They're all a complete load of crap...
< Signature Free Zone >
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

1. R. A. Salvatore
2. Jeff Grubb
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

R.A.Salvatore

Richard Baker is pretty cool too as is Lisa Smeddan.

Rotku, if they're so bad, I challange you to do better, maybe write a book set in the realms using some ALFA characters, then once done see if Wizards will publish it? :P
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Erevain wrote:R.A.Salvatore

Richard Baker is pretty cool too as is Lisa Smeddan.

Rotku, if they're so bad, I challange you to do better, maybe write a book set in the realms using some ALFA characters, then once done see if Wizards will publish it? :P

Speaking of that....

Does anyone actually know what terms one have to stand in order to write books in FR?

From what i understand, it's simple as -- > you write it , and they(WOTC) publish it with full rights IF they feel/wants to.

Not credits and rights for the writer any case?
stormsong
Kobold Footpad

Post by stormsong »

Elaine Cunningham

As far as the authoring goes, I believe they also review for accurate FR content. From what I've heard, they are trying to back off FR so that they can focus on the crap world of Eberron.
Stormsong Wyndsinger
  • Bard at large, Adventurer for hire,
    Scripter, Builder and Silly Person
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

rorax wrote:Does anyone actually know what terms one have to stand in order to write books in FR?
They have guidelines for submitting adventures and articles. I think WotC stopped accepting book proposals, and just commissions them.
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Erevain wrote:Rotku, if they're so bad, I challange you to do better, maybe write a book set in the realms using some ALFA characters, then once done see if Wizards will publish it? :P
Just because I couldn't do better doesn't mean they're not bad. I'm an absolutely terrible writer - these FR books are better than anything I could ever dream of doing, but they're still crap.
Does anyone actually know what terms one have to stand in order to write books in FR?
Mikayla contacted them a while back about getting an ALFA book published (through one of those self-publishing things, most likely) made up of collections of stories from the library. They gave us an outright NO. *shrugs*
< Signature Free Zone >
Burt
Nihilist

Post by Burt »

Because if Wizards publish you then it must make you a good author.

As spiderjones once said: laffo.

I've had the misfortune to read FR books (drizzt, some druid guy, even an elminster one - vomit) and they are utter tripe. ALFA has writers that defecate all over these amateurs. Wynna, Mikayla, Inaubryn, Misty, Loulabelle...even Lafter was ten times more entertaining (despite his lack of grammar).

Get a grip.
Jagoff.