Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Post by ayergo »

Cleasor wrote:Cornelius listens, then adds his own story.

Tasma and I decided to aid your struggle with the Aurilites rather than descend into the depths of the lower sewers. Rumors have been spread saying there is a passage between the upper sewers and their frozen lair. Gratni and Asher accompanied us. We descended into the sewers in the northern part of the city, near the North Gates. We explored east and then south within the nearby side tunnels but were forced to retreat from a large ooze which kept splitting and multiplying. We learned later it was slashing and piercing weapons which triggered this. Upon retreating back north towards our entry point, we encountered a water elemental. This we defeated and it gave us confidence that we were on the correct path to find the secret passage. However, while searching now back to the west, we encountered a large chest which moved as if alive. It attacked us by grappling and holding its victims while devouring our possessions. Somehow we were able to break from its grip ... perhaps it's hunger was satiated by our gear. We ran for our lives to the same ladder we had descended and broke to the surface. Luckily, all survived. We feel we were on the right path but know not how to defeat this guardian.
Those with a bit of lore would know these to be Mimics, and that acid will not work at all. Electric damage is likely to be a better choice.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

* Vale addresses the members of the Adventurer's Guild*

I have spoken with the House of the Moon and learned that the Yule Tide, is in truth a storm that comes with the arrival of the Demon Kringus.

The Followers of the Fury Gods have the Tide Pod, they have been preparing to summon the Kringus for sometime, and there is no telling when they will do so. It is for this reason we have to strike at the followers of the Ice Maiden within their lair in hopes that we may prevent the Yule Tide from occurring by disrupting their summoning efforts.

I will reach out to Keryn of the Lhundeavn Trading Company so we may coordinate our efforts and strike at the those within the Ice Caverns in a united effort. If there are more willing and able to participate in this effort then can be effectively organized within a team.....there are other places we may strike in hope of weakening the servants of the Fury Gods and learning more of their plans. Recently I have seen werebeasts returned to the caverns of the Beast Lord hidden beneath the Rat Hills and accessed through the sewers near to where they drain out to the South.

Those we will stand against will be without mercy, capable, and dangerous. In an effort to aid us the House of the Moon will provide us with arms and armor. Let me know what may serve you best in the fight to come so I may present them with what we will need.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*With his face lined with fatigue, Vale addressed the Guild with a stern tone of grim determination.*

The House of the Moon has carried to our door a warning....

They have reason to believe the Demon Kringus of Yule Tide, servant of the Ice Maiden, has been successfully summoned to this world.

They believe it is well guarded by lesser Demons within it's service.

If those of us who March to confront this other worldly evil do not return.....it will be the responsibility of those who survive to continue the good works of this Guild House.

You are not to only maintain the standards in place.....but strive to elevate them.

Dare and Beware.....and may each of you Endure and grow Stronger.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*With an audibly angry crowd outside the Guild Hall, Vale would raise his voice to address the members of the Adventurer's Guild of Waterdeep*

Our last efforts against the forces of the Furies were successful in lessening the Winter storm and removing the effect it had upon the Weave, though the strike force sent against the Aurlites within the Ice Caverns beneath Cliff Watch encountered a Demon of Ice that repelled our effort.

Aglorus lead the team that recovered the Trident of Tides, and currently the Trident is being secured by our allies while we work to understand what can and should be done with such a potent and potentially dangerous relic.

Myself, Vorf of Force Grey and several members of the Lhundeavn Trading Company entered the Ice Caverns and encountered the defenders we had come to expect as well as unstable Portals of Ice. It was while working to seal one such portal near the entrance a Demon of Ice sprung forth from the hole between planes. Almost immediately it turned half of our assualt force to Ice with a variation of Petrifaction.....that left it's victims in a state of solid ice instead of stone.

The Demon proved beyond our means to effectively combat and after a long drawn out battle in which we failed to gain any ground or advantage against the demonic opponent, it took it's leave.

The alliance of the Furies appear to have grown stronger since the Yule Tide and the arrival of the Demon Kringus. I will continue to assualt the Ice Caverns so long as a capable force can be raised to do so......I am counting of all of you to do your part as well to find a means to shelter this City and it's people from the Storm that is yet to come.

Dare and Beware, Endure and Grow Stronger
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*The smell of slain Yeti fills the air of the Adventurer's Guild, and Vale once more raised his voice to be heard over the noise angry mob outside*

Men and Women of the Guild.....

Know that the powers of Winter have grown stronger and the doors between our world and the place of endless cold are appearing more frequent, and are more resilient to efforts to see them sealed. These Unstable Portals appear to be unaffected by efforts to Dispel them, and only appear to be damaged by potent bursts of elemental or magical energy.

I will be working to create a manual for all of you to study if you are, inexperienced in the dealings and sealing of such extra-dimensional portals and gateways. Know that understanding the threat before you will be vital to overcoming it.

The Trident was successfully moved from the House of the Moon to the House of Wonders. Once there it was examined by their Clergy and Arcanists. They determined there exist powers within the Trident that have yet to be seen. We have been told that to activate and experiment with these Powers, the House if Wonder will require Vampire Teeth to activate the Trident's hidden potential.

Until Vampire Teeth are gathered, the Trident is in the hands of the Third Circle Tower where the Orders of Torm, Tyr, and Ilimater have Sworn to defend it from evil.

In addition to all of this information, our retainer Nipsy Peanuts, Esquire, has learned from New Olmann that Kringus is described as having a Tree like form, and there are references to Kringus being capable of unleashing prismic bursts of color. This is counter to our previous information about the Kringus having feline qualities and features. It is possible the Kringus may have multiple forms.....or that maybe.....these prismic colors somehow hold a special sway over cats?

There is much and more that we do not Know.

Moving forward.....while the Demonic forces within the Ice Caverns remain a force we can not combat successfully we have some options before us to both indirectly work to combat the current enemy and protect the city's population from them.

On the Matter of offense, there are currently two potential paths to see traveled....

The first working to gather Vampire Teeth for the House of Wonders to further study and understand the powers of the Trident. This will involve delving into the Eastern Reaches of the Lower Sewers were Vampires and Bodoks have been seen traveling in small packs together in the past. Gathering such teeth will be dangerous, and there is no garentee the potential unlocked by the Trident will be of service against the threats aligned against us and the City.

I suspect the Lhuvendhead Trading Company will be planning an expedition to the Lower Sewers to gather Vampire Teeth. I will offer them my aid in this, and accept the aid of any volunteers from this Guild.

Secondly ...perhaps a far more dangerous path, and I am uncertain of what results it may yield....if any.

*Vale takes a slow controlled breath before he continues.*

I was approached by a mysterious man representing an unknown faction who requested my aid in reclaiming a stolen blade that was carried into Kryptgarden by werebeasts. The man was unwilling to share any information about who he was or who he represented, other than he claimed they were a Friend. In truth I would normally dismiss such a visitor who insisted in wrapping their associations and motivations in obfuscations.....this man though claimed the Blade that was stolen was a Karach.

I do not Know who this Man represents, I do not Know if his tale of a Karach Blade is true.

I do Know that if there is a Karach Blade within the region....and it were placed within the hands of an undivided mind, it would be capable of being used to Cleave Demon flesh.

In regards to Defensive Measures......

Our retainer Nipsy Peanuts, Esquire is working to secure alliances with some of the City Temples. Ideally moving forward we may have more hands, eyes, and ears then those within this Guild House alone to draw upon towards achieving shared goals.

Speaking of.....Alliances and common goals.....the Lhuvendhead Trading Company has historically been a potent ally of this Guild when our goals are aligned. I would ask all of you make an effort to maintain this alliance without compromising your morale fiber. Together we may accomplish more then we can divided, and on occassion your pride may need to be submerged in order to maintain peace between our Guild and the Company in effort to maintain this alliance.

It is an easy thing to allow one's personality and pride demand satisfaction.....I would ask all of you make an effort to remember the threats aligned against us and what maybe at stake.

That said...each of you Knows what Right is.
If you did not, you would not be welcomed here.

Know I am not asking any of you to compromise what you Know to be Right.

Know that I do not want the questionable practices and Mercenary Standards of the Company lowering any of your personal standards or practices.

Dare and Beware,
Endure and Grow Stronger.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

The barbarian warrior Mael leaves a message with Vana for Vale at the Guild house: "Tell him I have the teeth. Let me know when he wants to meet to have this business done."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*With the winter winds howling outside, Vale Clearwaters addressed the Adventurer's Guild.*

Know that the Source of the Spell Freeze has been recovered by a combined effort between members of this Guild and the Lhuvendhead Trading Company. I want to make mention of Cornelius's valor upon standing toe to toe with great foes time and time again... Aglorus's mastery of Arcana in Combat dispelling the worst of the magics we encountered.....and last but not least Tasma for opening herself up to the currents of the Weave and leading us in the direction of the Source.

That said.....we have learned that the Lower Sewers are the remains of the previous civilizations that occupied this region before the creation of the City of Waterdeep as we know it now. They were designed to make use of the natural flow of energy through this region and the deep pools that are found at the intersections of the Lower Sewers may serve as the nexus points where different flows of energy intersect. In time I would dedicate time and guild resources to better understanding this phenomenon.

*Vale visably hesitates for a long moment while studying those before him.*

The Lhuvendhead Trading company has the Sources as well as designs to destroy it. I invite any of you willing to assist them in this effort to do so. Know that the strongest Elemental Protections you can access or aquire are recommended......where you dare to go is not the place to try an be conservative with your warding.

I have Preperations to make for venturing into Kryptgarden....

Know that if any of you aid in destroying the Source of the Spell Freeze.....one of you will be responsible for informing the rest of us of what came to pass.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*WIth a tone of solemn sadness, Vale Clearwaters makes an announces to the Adventurer's Guild."

"Know that the Source of the Spell Freeze has been thrown in to the deepest and most heated flames of Yintros. Lives were sacrificed in the effort to reach such."

*Vale Clearwaters stops to take a slow deep breath before he continues.*

"The Ranger and Fletcher by the name of Gaelan accompanied us as a volunteer and fell to the flames, and there was nothing the Clergy of Mystra could do to aid his return to life with what remained of him. He died in pursuit of a selfless service to the greater realms."

"The Sorceress Tasma....."

*Vale visable hesitates before he continues*

"Tasma carried the Source within her hands and upon her shoulders for as far as she could. Tasma was in my opinion...one of the best of us. Tasma was an intelligent and caring woman willing to invest herself into developing an understanding of others and offering her self to aid others to the best of her ablity. Tasma brought unity where otherwise there would be division, and she brought relief to where there would otherwise be strife."

"I would ask all of you honor her in your thoughts, memories, and actions moving forward. Tasma was and remains a Person worthy of such honors."

*He pauses for a moment and then resumes his address with a tone of solemn determination.*

"Thoose that have fallen fell in an effort to see us and everyone within this region protected from the threat of another Spell Freeze and the potential damage such may have upon the Weave. The threats of this season or myriad and there is much and more for us to do to insure the sacrifices made were not in vain."

"We are not capable of standing strong against the likes of the Demon Kringus and his Demonic Minions.....I do not say this to discourage any of you or to sow seeds of defeat within your minds.....I say this because it is a reality we must work to alter."

"I want each and everyone of you to Focus your efforts on those tasks you can compete to honor our fallen, and find the means to make the currently impossible, become possible."

"There are those within this Region who need aid....one does not need a magical sword to help the less fortunate fight to survive this winter. I would suggest each of you reach out to and reconnect with your people and your faith....lend aid where you can, and learn what you may."

"This City....the land it is upon....and the People of it....they have rich history, cultures, and traditions.....they have survived Winters before and we will work to see them survive this one. Aid who you can, and learn from who you can. The means of stopping Kringus maybe found through such."

"Laird Brairbush....I would ask you reach out to the Warrens.....invest your time amongst your own. Learn the plights that face them this winter and how you might aid them."

"Anar....I would ask you reach out to the Elves of the West Wood, see what hardships they face and what maybe done to aid them."

"Raladin....find the Dwarves of Waterdeep and aid them."

"We must remember we are a part if something larger then ourselves or this guild....let us reach out to those we can reach and aid them, in doing so let us give them strength to endure and grow stronger.....and may we by doing so be a Nation that stands against the Demon Kringus and the minions of Yule Tide."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*Outside the Guild house the snow fell, and within Vale stood before the members with an exotic blade upon his hip.*

"Know that the Karach Blade has been recovered from Kryptgarden."

"The road to recovering the Karach Blade.....was not straight, and with each twist and turn there were revelations."

"Orginally a Man came here claiming a Karach Blade was stolen by Werebeasts who fled with it into Kryptgarden........This story is true....though Know it is not honest."

"Due to the relationship members of the Lhuvendhead Trading Company have formed with the House of the Moon....it was learned that the Malarite Werebeasts of the West Wood once held the Blade.....the Werebeasts that stole the Blade from them, were allies of the House of the Moon."

"Once the Werebeasts loyal to Selune had the Blade they moved to secure it within a sanctuary within Kryptgarden....when they lost the Blade to attacking Zartruss Hobgoblins."

"It was because of this information we were able to set out in the proper direction in effort to claim the Blade."

"The fighting was fierce and I myself would have died in battle if not for the valor of the sizable warrior, Smokey.....who defended me when I was unable to defend myself."

*Vale looks over the members for a moment before he continues.*

"There remains shrouds of Mystery surrounding this Blade....

How did the Malarites of the Westwood come to have such in their possession?

Who is...or what has become of the original wielder of this Blade?

Why were we informed of it's existence and directed towards the Werebeasts of Kryptgarden?

For now, there are more questions then answers...."

*He looks over the gathered once more then inclines his head respectfully.*

Dare and Beware....Endure, and Grow Stonger.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*In the morning, over breakfast Vale shares with the Guild members the following*

"Recently Laird, Smokey and myself discovered a small smuggler's craft in the Southwestern Marsh. The craft had been unloaded and a variety of Golem parts were stacked upon the shore. Some were bone and others different Metals. We carried what we could manage to the Sergeant of Smuggler's Bane Tower."

"More recently Bone Golem has murdered five people outside the Dripping Dagger Inn and continued it's wanton destruction north along the High Road until Cornelius and myself stopped it."

"Afterwards Anar was able to track the Bone Golem's back trail to the City of the dead before the weather turned and the trail was lost."

" I do not Know where within the City of the Dead the Golem came from, though I suspect it may have been made within the Dungeon of the Crypt."

"When there is time, I would see an effort made by the members of this Guild to enter the Dungeon of the Crypt and search for signs of this Bone Golem's creator."
epetrow
Dire Badger

Post by epetrow »

Asher mentions after Vale's report:
"If anyone has mundane armor, hood or helmet and some ingots, I can probably add some protection against the deaders to them. You might want that if we are going into the crypts."
Current NWN1 PCs: Cyrus Thelvair, Castien Miracaryn, Yargrim Goldbrew.

"Bring out your dead!"
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*Vale addresses the Adventurer's Guild.*

Know that this Guild has stood before the Magister as the Clergy of the Bitch Queen made effort see our organization made criminal with the use of poorly told lies and slanderous accusations against us.

The Wizard Keryn of the Lhuvendhead Trading Company spoke favorably of us during the trail, as a Member of the Watchful Order, as did Sergeant Toliv of the City Watch. In the end we were found Not Guilty, thanks to the truthful words of those who spoke in our defense and the sharp mind of our most capable retainer Nipsy Peanuts, Esquire.

*Vale hesitates for a moment and takes a deep breath and slowly exhales before he continues.*

Not long after the trial Keryn of the Lhuvendhead Trading Company was informed of troubles North along the Long Road. Members of the Lhuvendhead Trading Company and this Guild traveled North to investigate. It was during this travel North that Sergeant Toliv was slain by Zartruss Hobgoblins. Know his body was seen to the Temple of the Selendrie.

In time the expedition continued North and encountered the wreckage and corpses of what appears to have once been travelers moving South along the Long Road.....

It appeared to be a family made up of a Man, an adolescent Male, Woman, and Child traveling with haphazardly stacked cargo upon a pair of small wagons drawn by horses. Someone or something appears to have attacked the horses, man, and woman using Claws to rend them apart. During the struggle it appears something poorly secured in the rear wagon was damaged and caused an explosion that slew the child.

We do not Know who or what attacked the Caravan or why....
We do not Know who these people were, or where they had come from or where they intended to go. There is much and more about this gruesome scene that we do not Know.

Among the Wreckage Aglorus found a strange bottled covered in strange runes....that is believed to be capable of Banishing other planar beings from this world....Why did these people have such a potent relic?

I do not Know.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*Vale lets the members of the Guild know.*

"Aglorus and I have investigated the first floor of the Dungeon of the Crypt in search of the Golem Maker. We found a workstation that was orderly and well prepared with various body parts needed for the creation of additional flesh Golems. Near the workstation we found an unidentified marking of a skull wrapped in Snakes."

"We encountered several flesh golems and some bone golems during our search. Aglorus has collected parts of one of the Bone Golem's in Hope's it maybe used to scry upon locate or identify the maker of these Golems."

"Know that these Golems are extremely dangerous. If they are encountered and combat can not be avoided....work to keep them at range....the brute power they are capable of bringing to Bear upon those targeted with their fists is more then any can long with stand."

"Know also....even though the Flesh and Bone Golems....appear to be undead....they are constructs and use of holy water and other methods of harming or destroying undead seem....ineffective against them."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*Vale informs the Guild Members*

"I have spoken with Constable Ketchrigger about our encounter with the Bone Golem, North of Virgin Square and our continued efforts to investigate the matter. The Constable informed me the Skull wrapped in Snakes is a symbol of the Unseen."

"The Constable shared that the Unseen were once believed to be a street gang, but have proven to be more then such. It remains unclear who or what the Unseen are....although their symbol has been seen more and more often about the City of the Dead."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*The members of the Adventurer's Guild are gathered in the basement, and Aglorus is asked to Detect for signs of scrying before Vale Clearwaters addresses the gathered.*

"I have been informed that the Rogue Golemn maker is from Maztapan and was once or remains a member of a revolutionary group known as the Freemen of Cordell who have been working to violently overthrow the government of New Waterdeep in the colony of Maztica."

"Since arriving here to Waterdeep, this Golemn Maker has begun working alongside and with a criminal organization known only as the Unseen, who are compromised of Doppelgangers with ties to the Illithid community of Ch'Chitl located somewhere beneath this region."

"Aglorus and myself have recently aided the Greycloak Vorf in working to track down the lair of this Golemn Maker within the Lower sewers, and believe he is laired somewhere North of the City of the Dead within the Lower Sewers."

"Our efforts ended in retreat after we encountered a Diamond Golemn we could not defeat.....Know that the Diamond Golem appeared to be immune to magical assualt, immune to the weapons we wielded, and was capable of striking with unerroring accuracy for devastating effect.....it cleaved through a Wyvern summoned to the battle within seconds."

"Know that in all matters related to the Illithid, there is no room for error on our part. They are the Enemy of All Peoples, of All Worlds."

"I share this with you all so you may be aware of this threat within the region and make yourselves vigilant. I can not stress enough to each and everyone of you the malevolence, ruthless, and cunning of the Illithid."

"I ask all of you to refrain from discussing these matters openly. Discretion and Vigilance are the only defense and offense we have available to us against an organization of Doppelgangers serving Illithid."

"They will use guile, deception, manipulation, and they will use it effectively. I ask all of you move forward with what vigilance you can to ward against such....and report any suspicious behavior or activity to myself."

" I will now ask each of you to privately exchange with eachother words of identification. There may come a day in which we must ask ourselves which of us has been replaced by an imposter, and upon that day these privately exchanged words of identification may be asked for to prove oneself."

"Once exchanged.....I ask you never again speak those words until needed to defend your identity."

*Vale stops to look over the gathered and slowly nods to himself after a moment of study*

"We are not a Rrakma....we are not prepared to combat the Illithid. I am asking all of you only to be aware of the threat, discreet with your knowledge of it, and report your findings and observations to myself."

"In time I may need to step down from my position as leader of this Guild. One of you will need to be prepared for the responsibility of the position. I say this because I intend to dedicate myself to combating the Illthid and to do such effectively one must have an Undivided Mind."

"In the days, rides, and months ahead I will continue to do my best to insure future success for this Guild."