Mod 2.0 Bug Thread

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

Stormbringer
Owlbear

Re: Mod 2.0 Bug Thread

Post by Stormbringer »

ayergo wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Still getting double spawns about 90% of the time when knocking out thugs.. I play it off as they are coming to help the one I just knocked out. I thought it was just the ones in area I reported but not it seems its in every area thugs spawn.
Yeah I haven't looked at it yet. That quest has always been dumb, I'm thinking of just removing.
Its a good way to get clw potions is all..
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

Stormbringer wrote:Its a good way to get clw potions is all..
It's an even better way to get a Barbarian Monk
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Stormbringer wrote:
ayergo wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Still getting double spawns about 90% of the time when knocking out thugs.. I play it off as they are coming to help the one I just knocked out. I thought it was just the ones in area I reported but not it seems its in every area thugs spawn.
Yeah I haven't looked at it yet. That quest has always been dumb, I'm thinking of just removing.
Its a good way to get clw potions is all..
Yup. That was a recent addition I did to make it less stupid. I tried something with the double spawn, let me know if it works.
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Static Bug:

Elaith Connobler (Blackstone House 3G) hires PC to avenge a wrong done him by Celisa Valshyia. She lives Tespergates (1u)

At Tespergates, the NPC Sandra Tesper spawns downstairs. That PC does initiate dialogue script that playes into the static plot.

"What are you doing here?"

" I am here to avenge an elf you wronged".

___

She immediately goes hostile in response. Upon killing that NPC there are some mundane items dropped but no plot item.

Returning Elaith, his script does not recognize completion.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Static Bug:

Elaith Connobler (Blackstone House 3G) hires PC to avenge a wrong done him by Celisa Valshyia. She lives Tespergates (1u)

At Tespergates, the NPC Sandra Tesper spawns downstairs. That PC does initiate dialogue script that playes into the static plot.

"What are you doing here?"

" I am here to avenge an elf you wronged".

___

She immediately goes hostile in response. Upon killing that NPC there are some mundane items dropped but no plot item.

Returning Elaith, his script does not recognize completion.
Haha, oh that old quest. I did some of the original testing and work on that quest, actually has a really funny background to it. Sandra Tesper was originally a PC that had poor typing skills and no one liked much. Since no one hung out with them a lot they decided to pick up the DM wand, wherein they proceeded to build a mansion for their char Sandra and not do much else. Even as a DM still no one wanted to be around this person and they disappeared not long after. el-Chip, the amazing builder of many things in Waterdeep decided to put the area to a less selfish use and it was decided that the now NPC would be the target of countless murders.

Not a high priority, but I think it should be an easy fix so I'll try and take a look if only to get one more chance to smash selfish building/DMing. el-Chip's work on the server was amazing, so much of it still stands the test of time.
Fionn
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by Fionn »

I'm trying to figure out just what sort of an assassin Cleric that Dwarf is?!
PC: Bot (WD)

Code: Select all

-----          -----          -----          -----
    /     \        /     \        /     \        /     \
   /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /  RIP  \      /
   |       |      |       |      |       |      |       |      |
  *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *| *  *  |*    *|
_)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_//(/|_)(__)/\\_(
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Anyone seen a double-spawn of the thugs since the last update? Please test this for me!
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Well...

I tried to test this. A comedy of errors.

Thug 1 fail (3 O): a halfling tried to mug Clarence. Of course I had forgotten to regain combat spells and still had the rp ones going. He put Clarence down pretty quick, rolling really high! Luckily recovered, and while down the watch wandered past and kicked his (the halflings) ass. No body drop when Clarence woke up.

Rest fail: Tried to rest in the Hanging Lantern (room key 1). Not a rest area? There was a prostitute in the room, but for 25gp, you would think you could choose just to sleep and fall asleep after a back rub. I guess she wouldn't take no for an answer. Damn Clarence and his wizened good looks.

Thug 2 fail: After healing up in the Safehaven, Clarence took on a new thug in 3 O, the same spot. This time a dwarf. Fight was going ok with summoned help, but the watch arrived and kill stealed. No body drop, or respawn.

Thug 3 fail: In 3H. Determined to test these bugs/thugs Clarence and I figured he -should- be able to take out a thug just with his (weeny) dagger... right? Wrong. Thug 3 put Clarence down. To add to the indignity, when the watch arrived, the sarge just stabbed the thug in the guts, and he (the thug) went down. Sarge just stepped over Clarence and kept marching the beat. Several Sarge beats later, Clarence recovered (both Waterdeeps luckiest and unluckiest man) and now licks his wounds in a safe haven, The Safehaven

So in summary... Clarence tried to fight thrice and was defeated. He tried to rest once and was ravaged by a prostitute. Clearly he is a lover, not a fighter.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

Rumple C wrote:Well...

I tried to test this. A comedy of errors.

Thug 1 fail (3 O): a halfling tried to mug Clarence. Of course I had forgotten to regain combat spells and still had the rp ones going. He put Clarence down pretty quick, rolling really high! Luckily recovered, and while down the watch wandered past and kicked his (the halflings) ass. No body drop when Clarence woke up.

Rest fail: Tried to rest in the Hanging Lantern (room key 1). Not a rest area? There was a prostitute in the room, but for 25gp, you would think you could choose just to sleep and fall asleep after a back rub. I guess she wouldn't take no for an answer. Damn Clarence and his wizened good looks.

Thug 2 fail: After healing up in the Safehaven, Clarence took on a new thug in 3 O, the same spot. This time a dwarf. Fight was going ok with summoned help, but the watch arrived and kill stealed. No body drop, or respawn.

Thug 3 fail: In 3H. Determined to test these bugs/thugs Clarence and I figured he -should- be able to take out a thug just with his (weeny) dagger... right? Wrong. Thug 3 put Clarence down. To add to the indignity, when the watch arrived, the sarge just stabbed the thug in the guts, and he (the thug) went down. Sarge just stepped over Clarence and kept marching the beat. Several Sarge beats later, Clarence recovered (both Waterdeeps luckiest and unluckiest man) and now licks his wounds in a safe haven, The Safehaven

So in summary... Clarence tried to fight thrice and was defeated. He tried to rest once and was ravaged by a prostitute. Clearly he is a lover, not a fighter.
This has got to be one of the funniest reports of all time. Thanks for testing it, sounds like no double spawns at least for now!
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Just a gut instinct (as opposed to true "bug") but goblin rewards might be a bit high.

Tragnar got something over 1000 xp just on last night's sewer run. XP per kill for goblins ranged for my PC from 11 to 24.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

ayergo wrote:Anyone seen a double-spawn of the thugs since the last update? Please test this for me!
Hit a couple last night with no double spawns. Will try some more later.

Hit several more this afternoon.. Seems the double spawns are no more. :D
Last edited by Stormbringer on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Just a gut instinct (as opposed to true "bug") but goblin rewards might be a bit high.

Tragnar got something over 1000 xp just on last night's sewer run. XP per kill for goblins ranged for my PC from 11 to 24.
Ayergo did that so we could catch up to Tragnar.. But alas you seem to be stepping out ahead of us even farther.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Sooner or later; thanks to diminishing returns we'll catch up :-) That or die trying!
As it doesn't take long at all to reach 4th lvl now with a little help from your friends; even dying won't derail this train!
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

ImStrokerAce wrote:Sooner or later; thanks to diminishing returns we'll catch up :-) That or die trying!
As it doesn't take long at all to reach 4th lvl now with a little help from your friends; even dying won't derail this train!
No but it does suck.. dying anyways.. lost several healers to the death thingy.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
ayergo

Post by ayergo »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Just a gut instinct (as opposed to true "bug") but goblin rewards might be a bit high.

Yeah I'll probably tone it down a bit later today, but I suppose it makes up for the times you got nothing! You all are more eager to explore a dungeon with no loot than I thought!