The Wandering Elf

For 18+ stories, poems and other creative art.
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

The Wandering Elf

Post by DarkHin »

The mist hung in the air, as if some great gast had enveloped the whole forest. The dew clung gently to the moss, the ferns, the undergrowth. The sun had yet to show himself, but his soft light betrayed his approach.

A grating voice tore Ceomgein from his reverie.

“Beautiful morning, brother”

Ceomgeined turned to give Lamech a cold look, “Half-brother ... you are prone to state the obvious.”

Lamech responded with his nauseating grin.

He was never offended. That was what was most egregious. Ceomgein was more than forty years his half-brother’s senior, yet Lamech towered over him, a fully grown man. He wasn't threatened by Ceomgein. It was just the whining of a petulant child, best to rise above it.

By some improbable chance, the fox Ceomgein hunted had not yet heard his brother’s insipid commentary. It was an old fox, very old. Solonar Thelandira teaches us to cull the herd: hunt the sick, the lame, and the old, so as not to diminish nature’s bounty. He no longer had love for Solonar, and indeed, thoughts of him revolted Ceomgein, yet he sill followed this dictum partly out of habit, partly out of his love of nature.

He went to raise his bow— “That's not right brother. Here, let me show you,” Lamech interrupted.

Ceomgein glowered. He winced as his half-brother trampled over the delicate wild flowers. Lamech had no awareness of growing things. He failed to appreciate their beauty.

“I need no direction from a Half-Person,” retored Ceomgein.

Lamech continued closer, grinning his stupid grin. “Now, now, little one,” he said as he stood besides his brother.

Ceomgein lowered his bow and twisted his trunk, meeting his half-brother's eyes.

“Why are you still wroth with me?”, asked Lamech.

And as soon as he finished his last word, it was over. Blood pulsed out, drowning Ceomgeins hand, his arm. He held his blade, stuck in his brother's neck, buried in the vessel under the jaw. He held it there for what seemed like an eternity. Then, gravity took Lamech, who pulled his brother down with him.

For several minutes, Ceomgein laid there under his brother's body, soaking in its blood.

Suddenly his shock wore down.

He felt cold then. Warm blood soaking his whole body, but very cold.
Last edited by DarkHin on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM on WHL
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: The Wandering Elf

Post by HEEGZ »

Tops!
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Re: The Wandering Elf

Post by DarkHin »

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed my story of fratricide. :twisted:
DM on WHL