Stirring in the Crypts

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Stirring in the Crypts

Post by HEEGZ »

Rumor has it that the contents in crypts beneath the tavern in Soubar are come back to life. Others claim it is just rats and spiders. Another rumor is that the drow have tunneled into the crypts are are preparing to enslave the entire town.

(( These are staged encounters for a party of levels 2-4ish. Bring torches or some other form of light. Feel free to send me an After Action Report for a possible bonus reward. What players were involved, what RP happened, etc. ))
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Stirring in the Crypts

Post by dergon darkhelm »

"Well... someone's gotta take a looksee. Might as well be us."

The big man looked around the old Temple that now served as the Soubar tavern and tried to make eye contact with the patrons.

Each averted his eyes as Tralyn's gaze fell upon them. The coughing drifter wouldn't do much good anyway. The two off duty caravaners carried short swords but made it clear they were more interested in their flat ale than in descending down the stairs. A prostitute, a warty slaver... no and no.

Tralyn frowned

None o' ye eh? Well. Guess you can set me up another pint o' ale, Mag. Doesn't look like we'll be gittin' down there any time soon.

Tralyn accepted another tankard of beer and plopped down heavily in one of the rickety tavern chairs, waiting for some suitable comrades to happen by the Winding Way
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

(( Teric has warned that he resets the server almost daily, so the sooner the better. Sorry I was unaware of this practice and am trying to get the reset pushed back til the weekend. ))
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

The old blacksmith grumbles, "Dank, dark, and full of unknown, why not... lets rally some other fools. Cause only fools go into crypts alive, and they end up staying there, dead."

After the appropriate ribbing by Tralyn, Blacke responds...

Looking at Tralyn with cold dark eyes, "Hells Tiny, might as well, I thought I'd only enter a crypt when I was as dead as bitch queen's cold womb. But what a lovely, stinky, rotten place to teach your and the other bastards in our little fool's brigade to hold a shield wall in close quarters."

((Not sure if I can make it, but post a time and date and we'll see if you get Mr. Blacke in your party))

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

A party of four tackled this last night, followed by a second attempt with a fifth member. I don't think it was fully finished and the server appears to have reset.

I can do a follow up if you guys are interested. Will chat with Adanu, because we discussed some other related ideas and didn't get to finish our conversation because I had to leave.
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Post by Khazar Stoneblood »

OOC - If the second attempt failed, it was only due to me running out of time and calling the session before it was finished. I think we were there, just no time on my side. There were a few hits with my tracking on the map left when we went out... but not a ton.

IC - *Kip chatting with Nemro around a fire down by the Bridge*

Yeah, Mags asked a group to go clear out 'er basement... said that it sounded like bone-men and rotters were amblin' about. Pretty calm about it to be 'onest... think theres more to 'er then she lets on.

But anyway, group of us went down there. Toby and Cona ya know, also a dwarf-priest named Kal. If 'anz 'asn't signed 'im up yet, 'e should. Anyway... after makin' are way through the rat-infested first level of the basement, we came down to the second. Dark as pitch down there. But anyway... Toby magicked up some light and we went forward. Place was crawlin' with undead... rotters, bone men, even a stinker.... think some call 'em "gasts" or somethin'. Good enough name... they smell pretty gassy. Also found some of those smaller spiders with the nasty stings, but nobody got bit. We made our way around and ran into some yippers... least it sounded like 'em. They ran down a tunnel too small for me to follow. Cona blocked it up and spread a smashed up crate around the blocking boulder... and I left one of those vials that bursts into flames balanced on top of the rock... just as a gift in case they came back. Serves the bleedin' yippers right, they probably were to blame for the whole mess down there anyway.

So after that we forged on an ran into some sort of centipede or caterpillar type thin'. Others called it a "crawler"... but whatever it was the thin' smelled 'orrible. Completely repulsive. We dispatched it pretty quick but it let off a 'orrible stench when it died. I won't lie... I yakked a bit at it. Not my finest 'our. But then things turned a bit difficult.

We ran into some bone-men... thought it would be pretty easy to be 'onest. But those weren't normal rattlers. There were about four or five of 'em and they were TOUGH. Cona was on the ropes immediately. I tried to jump in and take a few swings as my bow and the rock tosser were doin' nothin', but I took a nasty 'it and almost went down... barely staggered back and 'ad some potions. Then Kal went down and Toby... well he was yellin' but 'e was also doin' good... summoned up some wolves to 'elp and kept firin' with that crossbow of 'is. Anyway, got a potion down Kal, Toby's wolf drew the bone-men off and we were able to block the door and 'old it shut for a bit to regroup. We used up a lot of 'ealin'... then went to finish 'em off.

Wasn't easy, but we got the job done. We were pretty beat up and out of 'ealin', so decided to retreat to the tavern to regroup.

So... Mags paid us for a partial victory I suppose, and we were talkin' to a merchant who 'appened to be in the inn 'bout buyin' some replacement potions, when Tralyn walked in. Good luck that... so we rested up for a bit and got patched up and went back down. Things went pretty fast after that. With Tralyn's sword and that whistlin' magic 'e does to 'eal and such, Kal's callin' on 'is god to freeze the walkin' dead, Cona goin' bat crazy with 'is ax and 'ammer and Toby casting magics to protect everyone better, we tore through a whole 'ost of deaders and even a few giant spiders. And I mean giant... they're bigger then I am. Finally we got to a fancier tomb... and a real big nasty dead thin' came up outta the main coffin. Came right at me and it looked bad for a bit... then Toby cast some sort of spell to take control of it? Not sure 'ow that works, but there was some disagreement at that point... Toby wantin' to use it to 'elp us... or maybe study it, while the others wanted to destroy it. It musta broken free... it cast some sort of spell on itself and went crazy for a bit, but Cona, Tralyn and Kal took it down pretty quick, with me addin' an arrow or two when I 'ad a shot.

We cleared out after that. Got some experience fightin' together agaisnt the deaders though... could come in 'andy with what's goin' on along the road these days.
Current PC: I'm not tellin'. They die when I put their names here.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Khazar Stoneblood wrote:OOC - If the second attempt failed, it was only due to me running out of time and calling the session before it was finished.
(( This wasn't really meant as a mission to succeed or fail, but more of a reason to have fun and adventure. On that note, I call it a success. 8) ))
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Server restarted, so this is now defunct. Sorry.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Except for some undiscovered loot, :twisted: this was all played out, no worries.