DM STYLE

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

DM STYLE

Post by danielmn »

DANIELMN

I will likely be updating this post as we go, but a few things to start out with.

- Vision - I am a firm believer in vision, and lack of. If you are not a race that has low light or dark vision or have an item that confers such and are using it, you WILL be blind as a bat in caves without a light source. You WILL not see more than 5 feet from your pc outisde at night without a light source. You WILL not see past your light source. Therefore, if you have neither low light or dark vision, at night, and roll a spot of 20, you still aren't going to see beyond your light source or in darkness, 5 feet. So please, no seeing something in the dark 50 ft away.

- Traps - I will use traps that do not have that annoying red trigger that everyone and their mother can see in game, and I will use traps outside of the box as far as what the game engine gives. Please be aware of this (I will ask for rolls)

- Out of box thinking - I will support out of box thinking that goes outside of the game engine. If your PC wants to climb that tree, balance there and use a bow in combat, I will do everything in my power to support this. It might mean a really long combat sequence and actually doing the tabletop method of taking turns in combat, but I will do everything in my power to make your game play what you want it to be.

- Combat Unwinnable - Combat may not always be the best solution. I WILL place encounters out there that you and your party have no chance in hell of beating, combat wise. However...there are many solutions besides combat. Be inventive!!!
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: DM STYLE

Post by danielmn »

- DM Time

If I am In Game as DM, I am most likely busy with something, weather it is a wealth reveiw, or dming, or other matters. Therein, I expect players to respect my time and not interrupt me with IG PMs. There are exceptions such as needing technical help (Getting unstuck from a walkmesh, getting validation from another server) and having a dm to witness CVC. Otherwise, consider me busy and off limits. It IS okay to send me pm's IG IF I am currently dming you. Otherwise, please send me a forum PM.

- OOC Chat

When I am DMing, PLEASE keep the parenthetical OOC chat to NOTHING. I like for my players to remain IC at all times. If you have something to say to myself as dm OOC, pm me IG. (such as, hey, I have to go afk a minute, afk flag goes up). Feel free to pm chat among the party memebers as well...but the constant parenthetical OOC chat is one of my biggest pet peeves.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

I like your style.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

Rumple C wrote:I like your style.
It's very Gangnam.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Players, remember those Biographies!!!

Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

I am up for this? What is your session times.