Got a Beef?

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Got a Beef?

Post by HEEGZ »

I guess we can add to the list of ALFA undead/creature blueprints that don't match the MM.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

HEEGZ wrote:I guess we can add to the list of ALFA undead/creature blueprints that don't match the MM.
Heartlands wights are just copies of the basic blueprint with the attack "Wight Slam{NX2}". If that's a known bug can someone let me know?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

there should be a save involved, which he may have made. can do some testing
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

I can attest that at least I had no Fort Save in my combat box..... believe me, I was watching for it as the thing came at me. ;)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

well low priority fix IMO. we have other blueprint issues bigger than this one, and other toolset issues much higher up than those i think. if DM around we can handle manually i suppose. not sure how to assign an energy drain, maybe there is a creature attack weapon or something of that sort.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

When I logged off yesterday I was with the group in the small area of the Trade Way used for DM encounters.

Upon reaching the edge of the area I get a script saying "Do you want to leave the area " (paraphrase).

After looking around for an AT I decde that seems to be the only option to get out.

However, that brings you to an area named "The Holding Pen" from which there is no exit at all.

In summary - I'm stuck and could use some help getting out.

It might be a good idea to have the ATs out of the encounter area bring you back to somewhere in-game.

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Derg, I've jumped you to the Bridge, I hope that's convenient.

I put the "holding pen" option on because I realised that there was no option for running away in the DM areas - you should only be there with a DM and they should port you out before ending the session...
Can DMs please tidy up after their session in future? My fault for not making it obvious.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Thanks for the help!

Now I understand - it wasn't a DM error.... it was a Dergon error ..... I just didn't realize the difference between the DM area Trade Way and the random encounter area Trade Way when I had to log out before session end. I thought I could just get back to the road when I next logged in.

No biggie! :)

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Derg, I've jumped you to the Bridge, I hope that's convenient.

I put the "holding pen" option on because I realised that there was no option for running away in the DM areas - you should only be there with a DM and they should port you out before ending the session...
Can DMs please tidy up after their session in future? My fault for not making it obvious.
There's no issue. He had to log off right before we jumped the party out. I would like to keep it as is to be honest.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Can we have the weapon and shield customizer "merchant" from BG added to WHL? Hillsedge seems a likely place. Currently, players are traveling to BG to customize weapons and shields. For those who have other PCs on BG that is not possible. This ends up being a benefit to both players and DMs. Players don't have to tool items and DMs don't have to spend time "muling" them in or worse making sure the custom tooled item conforms to all ALFA requirements.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I can spawn them in game for people to save a trip to BG. I'll log in now and put them in the general merchant in Soubar. Not sure if Teric has added them in already somewhere or not.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

oldgrayrogue wrote:Can we have the weapon and shield customizer "merchant" from BG added to WHL? Hillsedge seems a likely place.
There is an NPC that does that in the Knight in the Morn in Hillsedge, but he seems to be reluctant to do weapons and armour atm. Will investigate.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

The Limner at the Knight in the Morn in Hillsedge now modifies weapons and shields (I hope).
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Teric neDhalir wrote:The Limner at the Knight in the Morn in Hillsedge now modifies weapons and shields (I hope).
Awesome! -- will test for you in thanks! Now can we get a direct link by boat or caravan to TSM? :D
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

The weapon and shield customizer works. HOWEVER, you must have the shield or weapon equipped when you initialize the dialogue with the NPC for the weapon and shield customization options to initialize.