Got a Beef?

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 11 DM

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Got a Beef?

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Thread for moans and groans about the server (does not include personal criticism of other players!).
Heero
Beholder

Re: Got a Beef?

Post by Heero »

BUG:

Returning Silverborough Leather Armor to the bin calculated as -290 value. No refund given.

UPDATE: I was able to drop this same armor into a return bin in Soubar and receive a FULL refund. Might be an exploit if can return bin random junk for full price. ALSO worked with a club -- dropped club in return bin of different store it was bought and received full refund. Store is Soubar Bowyer.

DOUBLE UPDATE: Same issue with Soubar General Store return bin. Accepted a light shield purchased in gnome town and refunded full price.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

While wondering and exploring the land 4 out 4 world map encounters were ogres.
Stormseeker
Orc Champion

Post by Stormseeker »

bug; dragon spear castle there was 6 quarter masters called Ingaret.
Hmm i thought the encounter thing was broken, wandered off roads as far east and west you could go on the server,day and night. Then in a 5min span on a loop in the high moor i ran into 3 deer and 1 dire rat. 4 or 5 hours playing i guess?
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Stormseeker wrote:bug; dragon spear castle there was 6 quarter masters called Ingaret.
Hmm i thought the encounter thing was broken, wandered off roads as far east and west you could go on the server,day and night. Then in a 5min span on a loop in the high moor i ran into 3 deer and 1 dire rat. 4 or 5 hours playing i guess?

I think quest NPCs duplicate themselves when one finish / takes a quest.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Returns Bins: I'm just using what I've been given, so I'll check that I've set them up correctly.

Multiple Ingarets: Meh, she's been there for years I'll check it out. Nothing to do with her quest-giving.

Multiple Ogres: Not impossible, but pretty improbable. As per Stormseeker's post there are other things out there.

Encounter frequency: The encounter frquency is designed to be about once every 20 minutes on average. There are reasons why it might be less; you need to be in a trigger, for example, so if there's an encounter check when you're not in a trigger you're not eligible for a check.

General observation; The travel area that includes Soubar and Dragonspear is only 1/3 of the server. Check out the info for players thread about how to progress further.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Returns Bins: I'm just using what I've been given, so I'll check that I've set them up correctly.
Check for conflicts with acr resources. That seems a likely culprit.
Multiple Ingarets: Meh, she's been there for years I'll check it out. Nothing to do with her quest-giving.
Make sure she's set as able to decay when dead. That one will break despawning.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Zelknolf wrote:Make sure she's set as able to decay when dead. That one will break despawning.
Yeah, spotted that. Also didn't have acr_ scripts which can't help. Told you she'd been there a while.
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

On X06 world map, the mines on the north eastern part.

There is unreachable AT called "down" there.

Thanks.
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Trothing Fold, the door near Scarface can not be reached.

Thanks.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

rorax wrote:Trothing Fold, the door near Scarface can not be reached.

Thanks.
Ah, that's not in use any more, I'll deactivate it. Thanks.
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

While traveling on the the world map (even on the roads themselves) you are suddenly teleported to different world map area.

Happened around six or seven times to me already, i'll mention that i was far away from any AT or the edge of any map.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

rorax wrote:While traveling on the the world map (even on the roads themselves) you are suddenly teleported to different world map area.
The only thing that should move you from a travel map is;
i) tripping an encounter, which should take you to an encounter area, not a travel map
ii) the trigger that ports you across area boundaries, but they're only ~5m wide around the edges
iii) a normal style AT to take you into towns, caves etc but that's not to another travel map

To try and make any sense of this is there any regular or repeatable behaviour you've seen, for example do you get ported to the edge of an area or where you have triggered an encounter earlier? Is your destination always the same? I remember you saying the other night that you were moved to somewhere that didn't have a walkmesh?

Cheers,
Teric
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Teric neDhalir wrote: To try and make any sense of this is there any regular or repeatable behaviour you've seen, for example do you get ported to the edge of an area or where you have triggered an encounter earlier? Is your destination always the same? I remember you saying the other night that you were moved to somewhere that didn't have a walkmesh?

Well - i am almost sure that around 3-4 times when i walked from Soubar to Hilledge (on the road itself) , somewhere closer to Soubar where the road is close to the big rock next to the forest, I was ATed to the swamp world map area and appeared in the lower left corner.
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

Are you walking using W,A,S,D or by clicking?

I have seen frequently, mostly on MS, where walking using W,A,S,D will somehow trigger a random AT while clicking to walk thru the same place does not. Ive no idea the cause nor the solution, but Ive definitely witnessed this on multiple occasions - it is not something specific to a OLM.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.