KEMO Portraits -Please Read Before Posting

For KEMO Portraits about and how-to.

Moderator: maxcell

maxcell
Githyanki

KEMO Portraits -Please Read Before Posting

Post by maxcell »

Welcome to the KEMO Portraits Area!
Just about everyone uses the editor (accessed by right clicking in game and choosing Edit Description) to set up the text that other players and DMs can see when they look at your character but not the custom portrait function, possibly due to past issues with it, or conflicting portrait threads and information. To that end, everything has been gathered here and I will update the pack frequently or anytime a new portrait is added or changed etc. :arrow: The pack is date coded.

Steps to KEMO Portrait Success -

1. All the portrait files I could find in the forums have been put into one pack for download. The individual files are also available so that any player can point to their own file in a forum or signature. (don't know how? contact me)

:arrow: http://alandfaraway.info/~portraits/ <--- one stop shop

The site should be pretty self explanatory. Using the helpful README files will make it even more so. You will also find tga viewers for download so that anyone can view all the files on their computer once you get the pack.

2. Download the portrait pack from the Portrait Pack folder.

3. Find your NWN2 portraits folder. (the path in Windows should be something along the lines of /My Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/portraits/ however it may be in another location if you purchased from Steam or have a Mac)
Expand all the image files (but not the folder itself) into your portraits folder. Then look through these images to find one that you want for your character. If you cannot see the tga files, download one of the viewers here http://alandfaraway.info/~portraits/

4. While in game, RIGHT-CLICK your character and select Edit Description to open the description editor

Above the image box on the right you should see "default" or 404

Click in that box and DELETE that name. Then, and (this is crucial) type in the name of your file EXACTLY including any dashes "-" or underscores "_" and WITHOUT the .tga file extension. If done right your portrait should appear. If it does not, double check the filename. If it still does not, Please contact me - Maxcell, and don't panic.

5. To see another characters portrait, you will have to have the exact file they are using in your portraits folder, AND they will have to have set it up properly. Choose Inspect when you select them, if you choose Examine it will only show the text description.

Help is Here! - Any customizing of a portrait you find to get the image into the proper size (1:2 aspect ratio) and format (targa or .tga) and get it into the proper place on your computer as well as accessible to the rest of Alfa is willingly offered by me.

Send me your portrait to add to the Pack - kemopics@yahoo.com
Shoot a PM to Maxcell and we will get you going right away.

Feel free to contact me via PM with any troubles you are having and if you want, you can post a jpg image of your portrait below, or keep us in suspense until we see you in game.

Moderators Note - all portraits still must conform to Alfa's current decency standards. ie they should be what we see when we see your character in person, in public. :mrgreen:
maxcell
Githyanki

Re: KEMO Portraits -Please Read Before Posting

Post by maxcell »

Wanted to bump this, as I am actively managing the KEMO portraits again. Let me know if you need any help.