A Stoney problem(formerlyThe Cursed)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Arianna
Tech Admin

Re: The Cursed (formerly The Moonwell, the Maiden, and the Stone)

Post by Arianna »

* After some time with the dwarven council the group headed into the the eastern mountains in search of a ruin where they think their objective may be. They managed to get through the giants and have stopped to rest at the entrance to the ruin*

(( If enough players show up I can run again this saturday night 7 PM PST - - please sound off if you can show up ))
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Analogkid
Ogre

Re: A Stoney problem(formerlyThe Cursed)

Post by Analogkid »

((I can show up for sure....sorry about last night...was a combination of a personal problem occurring and needing to go to bed since I had to get up for work at 5 am))
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Im ready willing and able for tonight!
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I can be there, provided call allows for it.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I can make it

One suggestion for Aiden's player (who I believe won't make it) or anyone else who might have to miss things would be to say their PC is gone, headed back to town because of reason xyz, etc; just thinking it's good to try to maintain as much verisimilitude as reasonably possible... though I'm sure we'd all wink and nudge and overlook something like 'I went to answer nature's call and fell asleep'
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Clocks go forward tonight ... I hope this won't cause too much confusion for me. (I wish the clocks never went forward, I rather like my dark evenings and light mornings)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

If we do/did decide to rest (might not be a bad idea)... this is probably a good point to clarify how DM would like resting to be handled. i.e. how much by the books (setting up a watch/resting in shifts/8 hours vs 4 hours for elves vs 2 hours for guys with ring of sustenance, etc), or not so much, etc.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

(( so we are on CBT time it looks like till next Friday or Sat night?, I think someone said they could not do next Friday . . .))
// Everyone stopped at the statue\\
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((seeing no one else has responded yet, I'm assuming for now that's what we'll be going with. I know a lot of folks do log on sunday evening/afternoon but it's probably a more difficult time for most with the workweek starting.))

Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

That is fine with me, unless folks want to/can pick up before then. I can be there next Friday, but am flexible.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Friday is probably still best but could do tonight for a bit
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

I can do Friday and Saturday.

Technically can do thursday night too this week but would have to leave for work by 00:00 PDT.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Aglaril returned to the rest of the group along with Toby and Sai'ok after their relatively brief advance scouting; a faint smell of overcooked meat lingered about them.

"Well, that was rather informative, though painful and dangerous," whispered the Elf.

"There's an entrance that leads downwards to a corridor; 2 traps were spotted by Sai'ok, but disarming them proved far more tricky ... and dangerous... than anticipated. It's possible that more lie further down the passage, and that we may need to consider alternative means to deal with them. They sound far too elaborate to be the work of stupid hill giants... perhaps dwarven work... in which case I'd imagine there may be ways to disarm them through mechanical means perhaps..."

"There were several more of the basilisks as well that had to be dealt with. Hopefully the last of them..."

After a thoughtful pause, frowning with doubt, Aglaril adds:

"Two more things... the corridor with the traps did not look dwarven in design, nor were there any signs of giants' passage. The traps may have been set there by something worse, more clever and dangerous. And two, a familiar sense of... agitation within... has been growing stronger as we've gone deeper into this place."

((per DM, the sense of agitation would have been apparent to all and growing as we moved deeper into the dungeon))

ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Sai'ok's eye twitched at every drip in the cave; the pounding headache caused from the violent, and painful explosion still rang in his ears. The charred edges of his clothing still bore testament to how close death had come; in the not so cleverly disguised fiery maelstrom that claimed his eyebrows and some of his bravado. Those had not been the idle settings of some back-alley sneak thief; there was a certain amount of talent and cunning in their placing and design.
He looked around to the rest of the group; all involved in their own preparations for the battles to come. The oppressive weight in the air made it hard to concentrate. If one listened to the others chatter; that was taken as a good thing, a sign that the end goal was growing ever closer as they made their way deeper and deeper...

Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Lunette decided to examine the statue closely with an air of pity towards the victim. "What an awful way to go... The person is dead right? Right?" She certainly hoped so anyway.