A Stoney problem(formerlyThe Cursed)

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Arianna
Tech Admin

Re: A Stoney problem(formerlyThe Cursed)

Post by Arianna »

orangetree wrote:Lunette decided to examine the statue closely with an air of pity towards the victim. "What an awful way to go... The person is dead right? Right?" She certainly hoped so anyway.
*upon close examination the statue seems to be that of a short human male. The armor style seems to be quite old indicating that IF this is indeed a petrified person that it has been here for many decades.*
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Lunette pokes the statue and pushes it to see if it could be made to topple over.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

orangetree wrote:Lunette pokes the statue and pushes it to see if it could be made to topple over.

*with a little effort the statue topples over and falls with a resounding THUD as it hits the floor and breaks into several pieces*

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

*A group of bloody, bedraggled and heavily laden adventurers enter High Home from the east , bringing with them a bloody and bruised body bearing the sign of 3 lightening bolts in its tunic. As the adventurers inspect their prize there is some consternation from them as it seemed they expected their prize to be alive rather then dead. A small argument ensued about having hit the man too hard. Observers say the man's face had gone purple and bloated. The gate guards later report having seen the prisoner twitch as he was dragged in the gate. *

((anyone who inspects the body will find that his face has gone purple and his tongue seems eaten away.))

*The skies over Highhome have cleared and the sun shines more in the next day then it has in the last few months .*

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((ooc list of loot Aglaril is carrying, for ease of sorting/not having to retype 8x ingame as different people log in and ask:

Slightly magical bag (20% weight reduction)
Magical Full Plate (+1)
Magical Mask of Hiding (+3 to Hide)
Magical Gloves (+1 dex)
1 scroll, Tortoise Shell (lvl 6 druid spell)
several gems, total resale value approx. 400gp

100gp tradebars x3

CLW pots x6
CMW pot x3
1 Bulls Str pot
1 pair of non magical gold earrings
4 books covering various topics ('Of the Four Major Focuses', 'Of Fighting Corrupted Spirits', 'Fey Feuds', 'Islands of the Sword Coast vol3: Ruathym')

please log in so these can be distributed asap, especially the full plate, which is rather heavy))
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

*hits snooze button*

Hi anyone playing tonight?
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

I'll be on in the next 30 minutes
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((was on a couple times earlier, only 1 other player on both times so I'm kind of waiting for a quorum to divy the loot...))

LOOK HERE
http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... 58#p626058

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

((I will not be around Friday night as I've been called to work an extra shift))
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Lunette would like to research spells about petrification and the limits on bringing them back to life. She would ask resident experts esoecially Toby and Aglaril.

((To much conflicting information on the rules online so hoping I can get clarification on it for this campaign.))
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((just my 2 cents, there are some conflicting interpretations concerning petrification and aging, petrification and whether break enchantment works or not, and a few minor quibbles; this is going to be something the DM rules on ultimately, although the best advise may be to keep things vague enough in case another DM comes along and rules differently.

What there should be unequivocally zero conflict about is that there exists in the world of Faerun magical means to unpetrify petrified creatures... whether that's generally known to most people is up to the DM/campaign; I've seen the handing of IC knowledge vary wildly from DM to DM, at times enough to make my head explode. :| ))

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

((Unpetrify no matter how much time has passed? I could imagine a cult using that technique to see the future ;) ))
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Aglaril finally finished looking over the new base of operations quite thoroughly, including using arcane divinations to check for unexpected magical auras and other surprises. Finally the Elf nodded as if fairly satisfied, then took a seat at the table to begin writing out a message, to be delivered later to the Seneschal.

"Either we'll all get to know each other better while here, or... we'll end up killing each other I suppose." Aglaril smiled a touch as he muttered to himself.

We'll need to bring the scrying mirror here, and discuss using basic precautions whenever possible... but this place should suffice while we're here...

The Elf nodded once more as he sealed the finished message.

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

(Posting ic stuff here to keep planning thread uncluttered)

Lunette looks stressed at the next meeting point. She is careful to speak when Toby is not present. She shoots a knowing glance to Aglaril and seems to explode like a volcano. All that pent up magical energy she had been hiding is seen visibly as strange sparks of light taking on the hues of the stars. I

"I can't take this!"'she paces back and forth. "You were all willing to spellbind blackir because of his association to the storm Lord. One of us is compromised by the Drow. I repeat that again THE DROW!" She shakes visibly. Few things scare the hin but the dark elves is clearly one of them.

"Why are we pretending there is nothing to discuss? Toby has galivanted off to the clutches of a drow and I don't feel he can be trusted any more. There I said it. I can't defend a man falling for slavers and destroyers of my kin and home."

Lunette looks visibly exhausted at her out burst and slumps into a chair. She sheds no tears but does look quite angry.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

The days at Rilifane continue to get sore for Lunette. It's bad enough that such a wedge exists in her mind to the only one that helped her... Toby made her feel like she existed to the group. Without his support, what was she? Realistically she was just... Well...

'Get away from me Shar and the moon take you!' She breathed out of her soul.

She returned empty handed from the loremaster, who refused to give her access to any materials or books. Not that she knew even what to research with these stones as that had always been Toby's domain... 'Useless useless useless... Well I'm in the mood for some training I suppose.'

With not much else to try she spends quite a bit of time with the Elven sorceress, not really learning magic from her but clearly tied up with something. Whatever it is she seems more relaxed after.