NWN1 is still going strong!!! WD and MS

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Rick7475
Haste Bear

NWN1 is still going strong!!! WD and MS

Post by Rick7475 »

For all you folks that swing by to check on things, we have mostly moved to Discord for chat.

If you have fond memories of WD or MS, they are still up!

WD has 2 active DM's and a good player population of between 10 - 12 active players. I will let MS folks chime in here about there server.

WD is also getting areas revamped and added! Lots of new areas!

Swing by the discord and check it out! You can check some recent tales of adventure and woe on the stories forum.

Come on back, the plague rats and gnolls are hungry!
Knighted
Shambling Zombie

Re: NWN1 is still going strong!!! WD and MS

Post by Knighted »

Absolutely & thanks for posting Rick. NWN: Enhanced Edition has been an incredible gift to the community and NWN in general is thriving, which is amazing to see given this month marks 20 years since it was first released.

Particularly exciting have been graphics upgrades recently that IMO have the potential to bring it on par with a lot of modern RPGs.

ALFA 050: The Moonshae Isles is live currently but awaiting a major hak update.

ALFA 034: Daggerford is in beta and will go live after the hak update.

More to come on that front too!

https://www.alfanwn1.org/

Come say hello on Discord.
UKTZ DM and builder on the ALFA: Sea of Swords server The Moonshae Isles. Builder on Daggerford server. Contact me on Discord for any DM-related queries.
Find out more about the NWN1 revival (in NWN: Enhanced Edition) at www.alfanwn1.org

Discord u/n is El Grillo. GSID is Elyas T'almera.
bartleby
Brown Bear

Re: NWN1 is still going strong!!! WD and MS

Post by bartleby »

For anyone that wants to kick the tires Baldur's Gate is now in Beta!

For the full run down with some youtube teasers checkout the forum post!
viewtopic.php?f=423&t=53277

What's in:

The full city has been rebuilt using 32 30x30 areas representing a 1:1 build of the whole city covering over 1 in game square miles.
Automated Player Apartments with persistent furniture and storage is in. (Hint look in the slums for affordable housing to start)
Every unallocated door you see in game is a potential apartment. You just need to wait for it to become available if you want it.
Base Merchants are in.
Banking with persistent storage is in.
(Hostile) Muggers are in (Targeted Levels lvl 1 and up)
(Hostile) (LootNote) Ochre Basin Is in (Targeted Levelslvl 1-2) [Hand in Components]
(Hostile) Sewer Rats are in (Targeted Levels lvl 1-2) [Hand in Components]
(Hostile) (LootNote) Ants are in (Targeted Levels lvl 2-4) [Hand in Components]
(Hostile) Zhent Curriers (I mean Random Thugs) are in (Targeted Levels lvl 3-4) [Hand in Components]
(Hostile) (LootNote) Carrion Crawlers in catacombs are in (Targeted Levels lvl 4-5)
Ilmaltars Shrine of Suffering is in
The Elf Song Tavern is in stuffed beholder and all.
Logging is in complete with falling trees.
Player driven mining is in. If you mine a section and come back Okhuli will have spruced things up and there will be a new section to mine.
Once the new haks are in those rocks will look much prettier too.
The alchemy tables from MS are now available for PC purchase and can be moved around like other furniture.
The original server in all its deadly glory is still hooked up as well for anyone wanting to take a walk down memory lane and visit Beregost or smash some wyverns or ettins or worgs etc ... I haven't checked to see if that old red dragon spawn is still in so step lightly in cloakwood :D

Disclaimers:
The server is currently biased toward pushing nwn:ee pretty hard. I have not pulled back on things like pedestrian traffic. From the testing I've done it didn't seem to add to lag too badly but if anyone notices lag please let me know with as much of a description of what was going on when you experienced it as possible and I'll start tweaking. You may want to make sure to use the optimized version of the updated textures if you are using the new texture packs. 30x30 cityscapes can be taxing.
All the suggested levels above are guesses/approximations.
I am sure there are a lot of things here and there that may need fixing please let me know and I'll try to triage and fix things up as soon as I can.
I am still in the process of adding a lot of things and progress is directly correlated to how much time I can carve out but I hope to keep adding at a decent pace. I am currently half way through smelting and plan to get to at least basic smithing after that.
The whole city exterior is built but there is still a lot of detail to add. Areas with real content currently include: 2E, 2F, 3F, 3G, 4D and 4F.
Right now its a local vault only but MS and DF should all be hooked together some time after the new hak update comes out.

I'll be trying to add new content to the ALFA BG youtube playlist when I can: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 3MtWjD3Hhb