PA Q&A - shad0wfax

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

shad0wfax
DM Admin

Re: PA Q&A - shad0wfax

Post by shad0wfax »

The Charter is the governing document over disputes.
http://www.alandfaraway.info/wiki/Chart ... nt_Process

The Player Administrator (PA) portion of the ALFA Rulebook is subordinate to the Charter and adds details to the process: https://www.alandfaraway.info/wiki/Rule ... Procedures

Some of the PA Rulebook information either conflicts with the Charter, cites the wrong section of the Charter, or omits some important information from the Charter relevant to disputes.

I believe that the PA Rulebook needs to be revised to correct these deficiencies.

To summarize the grievance process per the Charter:
Anyone can initiate a grievance.
Anyone initiating a grievance or accused in a grievance has the right to an ALFA Representative (AR).
If the grievance is in the PA domain, then the PA decides the verdict of the grievance.
The verdict of the PA may be appealed to the Lead Admin (LA).

To summarize the dispute process per the Rulebook:
Anyone may initiate a dispute.
The PA can resolve a dispute informally if the complainant and accused agree to the informal resolution.
If not informally resolved, then formal resolution is required and:
The PA posts a thread with evidence in the dispute forums.
ARs, the PA, the complainant, and the accused have the right to post in the thread. The PA or IA can remove the complainant and accused right to post if the behavior is abusive. (Note that this is more within the IA domain, and that should be stated that the IA does the removal with input from the PA.)
Note that the PA Rulebook doesn’t explicitly mention the right to AR representation.

DMs have read-only access to the dispute thread.
The PA Rulebook has some self-contradicting information regarding early closure of dispute, mandatory seven day verdict, and verdicts after seven days. This section requires revision for clarity.
The PA Rulebook states that the dispute can be appealed to the LA only if the verdict found wrongdoing. It also states that the appeal is per Section 3.6 of the Charter. This is incorrect and requires revision. Charter 3.6 is LA Veto. Section 4.1.4 is appeal of censure to LA and that section states that only censure or banning may be appealed. If the PA finds wrongdoing but does not formally censure, then there can be no appeal.

Just as when I was DMA, I had to overhaul the DMA Rulebook to align it with the Charter (and also to remove and consolidate the patchwork of DMA “ruling threads” and either nullify or incorporate them into the Rulebook, it seems that the PA portion of the Rulebook requires revision for upper tier realignment as well.

Additionally, the PA has no ARs appointed. This needs to be addressed..
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

Tell me how you feel about rules. Do you like them? Do you like to follow them? Do you feel angry when others do not?
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

ALFA is, like it or not, a structured environment and I see any administrative position as having a duty to uphold that structure or to change that structure in accordance with the procedures for change if needed.

I believe that in ALFA, the Charter is fairly well-written and provides a fair platform for us to play in and that explains ALFAs longevity despite the inevitable drama. No other server can boast three servers with such longevity, regardless of the size of the player base.

In the context of ALFA, Pillars > Charter > Rulebook.

When I didn't like the Charter, I proposed an amendment. I may no longer need able to vote on what I proposed, but I still proposed it and it's going to pass.

When I saw conflicts, within the DMA Announcement thread vs. itself and vs. the DMA portion of the Rulebook, I streamlined the entire set of DMA Rules to align with the Charter and put the Rules in their proper place on the Rulebook in a clear and concise manner. I also superseded and repealed all of the DMA Announcement posts, as that wasn't the proper place for the rules.

When I decided to run for PA, I noticed that the PA Rulebook also has some conflicts with the Charter and internal conflicts that need resolution.

I believe that when a person self nominates and then either displays their ignorance, or worse, disregard for the Charter, that it's indicative of irresponsibility or malfeasance and that such action does a disservice to all of us in ALFA.