PA Q&A - Analogkid

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Veilan
Lead Admin

PA Q&A - Analogkid

Post by Veilan »

Since we have two candidates, here are some questions. I will try to pose the same to both candidates.

First of all, thanks for volunteering.

1) What motivates you to run for PA? Since you are the incumbent, is there anything new you would hope to achieve that you have not done yet?

There has recently been a proposal to scrap the level 1 requirement for the toughness feat or come up with various other alternatives to make available feats having toughness as a prerequisite. I do not think the final proposal is hashed out yet, but I would like this to ask some questions about your understanding of the PA role as well as your design philosophy.

2) What aspects of this do you think affect the PA? How would you handle them, what could players expect to be your goal(s) when involving yourself in the discussion?

3) I have often found two aspects of "roleplay taste" to be in direct competition in ALFA. If you had to give one the preference over the other, what do you consider more important for a fulfilling roleplay experience for DMs and players: Meaningful choices, or narrative freedom?

Thank you & good luck.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Re: PA Q&A - Analogkid

Post by Wynna »

How will you handle player disputes?

Thank you.
Enjoy the game
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

1.I've been involved with ALFA since I was a college student, and ive stuck through here since then. I see my role as PA as representing those who want to have fun here here while still remaining within the rules. Sometimes the voice of the players has been ignored if I might be honest. As for what I want to do, I will try to recruit more people to play, while also pushing ideas that make the game more fun to play. I do support scrapping the level 1 requirement for toughness btw. As for new things, I would like to support the idea of opening up another area of play to the point of looking at increasing what can be hosted.

2. I could argue all that happens within the game that affects the player experience affects the PA. I'm open to speaking to speaking with everyone, and hearing out new ideas which may increase player enjoyment. If I hear a cool idea, i'll do what I can to support it.

3. if you force me to choose, meaningful choices but they I don't see why the two need be in competition.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Wynna wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:00 pm
How will you handle player disputes?

Thank you.
Listen to both sides, gather all the facts. Try my best to be a mediator before things go downhill.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Thank you.
Enjoy the game
paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Post by paazin »

What do you see is the role of other members of the community (DMs, moderators, other players) for resolving PA disputes?

ALFA has been around for a long time -- and had its fair share of people who were banned (for whatever reason) through the... nearly 20 years it's been active. What are your thoughts to remove bans to existing players who may be interested in joining us again? Would it be a case-by-case situation or a blanket yes or no?
As SF pointed out this is rather clearly defined in the charter, would you be interested in amending it?
People talk of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as man, so artistically cruel.
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

paazin wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:21 am
What do you see is the role of other members of the community (DMs, moderators, other players) for resolving PA disputes?

ALFA has been around for a long time -- and had its fair share of people who were banned (for whatever reason) through the... nearly 20 years it's been active. What are your thoughts to remove bans to existing players who may be interested in joining us again? Would it be a case-by-case situation or a blanket yes or no?
As SF pointed out this is rather clearly defined in the charter, would you be interested in amending it?
Honestly I think it would need to be viewed on a case by case basis. People grow and change after all. Think about how long we've been around. I myself have gone from a newlywed college student to a dad of two teen boys during my time here on ALFA.

That being said, certain bans are different than others....someone who PG'ed years ago then cussed out DM's should get a more considered look than someone who sexually harrassed other players both within game and outside the game for example.
paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Post by paazin »

Thanks!

What are your thoughts to my other question -- What do you see is the role of other members of the community (DMs, moderators, other players) for resolving PA disputes?
People talk of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as man, so artistically cruel.