Thank You

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Mick
Beholder

Thank You

Post by Mick »

I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to pursue a leadership position and for all of the support in my run for DMA. I hope I can fill the shoes of so many capable people who have held the position before me. Recent months have seen a bit of a renaissance in ALFA, with increased participation of both players and DMs. PCs are becoming and stories are unfolding. It is my hope that I can help catalyze even greater game in the coming months. Now that the election is over, I will get to work.

I also want to offer a big thank you for the work that Shad0wfax has done over the last few years both as a DM and as DMA. Your efforts for our players, our servers, and our community are much appreciated!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Re: Thank You

Post by Wynna »

Thank you to both incoming and outgoing DMAs. The work that is done around this place has been getting done for twenty years. Let me repeat that. Twenty. Years.

Every position, every server, every role has been filled by a flow of incoming and outgoing people. Each person has left their mark on ALFA. We play; we DM. We build; we script. We admin or AFK for RL. We are a placid flow where we were a torrent, and where once we followed a hundred rocky rivulets now we are intermingled by age and inclination. It is nice to see a burst of activity, some ripples, and even a little froth, because it is in movement that we find our community. Can't step twice in the same RP river.

Welcome to the incoming and thank you, to the outgoing.
Enjoy the game
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

(directed at both posts)

Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Fool.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gribo »

Welcome back. :D
Nuclear winter is coming
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

danielmn wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:44 pm
Fool.
Who is the greater fool? The fool, or the....nevermind, it's the fool.

Great to see you even for a single word Dan. Come back around to chat!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?