(new) DMA Election Jun 2020 - Mick wins

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

shad0wfax
DM Admin

(new) DMA Election Jun 2020 - Mick wins

Post by shad0wfax »

To make it abundantly clear, I formally self nominate to continue serving as DMA.
Mick
Beholder

Re: June 2020 (off-cycle) DMA Self Nomination

Post by Mick »

I am also submitting my name for consideration for DMA. My platform will follow.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Veilan
Lead Admin

(new) DMA Election Jun 2020 - Self-nominations

Post by Veilan »

My apologies for the necromancy.

However, it has come to light that I have misinterpreted shad0wfax' intentions here, when he declared he would be willing to continue to serve. I assumed this meant he would continue to fill the role until a new contender emerged or somebody communicated a request for a vote of confidence to me (basically, permanently refreshing self-nomination periods as per the charter while the incumbent continues to act the role).

As it turns out, he meant to formally self-nominate, as he has laid out. This will also open up the chance for other parties to declare - a formal self-nomination of course triggers a seven-day self-nomination period, which I am hereby doing.

My thanks to all people with concerns involved for communicating in an open and constructive fashion - I think it speaks volumes about the "new ALFA" that early communication and proactive, respectful discourse (hopefully) resolved the issue rather than exploding into drama.

Therefore, a seven-day self-nomination period is now started, for the position of DMA until Oct 2020.

Please only post here if you wish to self-nominate. All ALFAns in good standing are eligible; the voting constituency is DMs, HDMs, voting staff-heads and Admin.

As usual, hit me up in discord or via PM if you have any questions.

Cheers,
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: (new) DMA Election Jun 2020 - Voting begun

Post by Veilan »

Voting has now begun:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=53062
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: (new) DMA Election Jun 2020 - Mick wins

Post by Veilan »

With 4:3 votes, Mick is elected ALFA's DMA for the remaining term until Oct 2020.

Thanks to shad0wfax for having diligently discharged his duties and to both candidates for having volunteered to serve.

Good luck and congratulations/condolences to Mick.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

May you all suffer under his glorious reign.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6femF3zHbtA

Grats Mick, and thanks SF for serving for a lengthy run.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt