LA Election Jun 2020 - Self-nominations

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Veilan
Lead Admin

LA Election Jun 2020 - Self-nominations

Post by Veilan »

Time flies, so here is updating this thread for the LA election, period Jun 2020 - Dec 2020.

The LA's duties are "Oversight of Administration, Veto & Referral Authority, Election Oversight, and Public Relations. Also responsible for resolving disputes over domain classification of any particular issue."

Every ALFAn in good standing may self-nominate - please use this thread for this (and only this) purpose. The voting constituency for the LA is players, DMs, voting staff & Admin.

Self-nominations should run for seven days.

As I intend to self-nominate oversight of this election will then fall to the PA (AnalogKid). However, I might well drop out for a qualified, motivated and constructive candidate since I have admittedly been doing not much more than the role of (hopefully reasonable) caretaker, staying around through our lull to avoid us having to face the issue of less volunteers than admin positions.

Since I feel that we do not currently risk that, I would like to return to "normal" operations and see how that goes.

Cheers,
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: LA Election Jun 2020 - Self-nominations

Post by Veilan »

As stated above, I am hereby self-nominating to serve out another term.

I do not intend to light anybody on fire with my nomination - I am happy to continue providing (hopefully reasonable) oversight & diplomacy, but I have no plan for "reform" or an ambitious agenda how to improve ALFA from the LA's office. Partly because in my interpretation, the LA is a check & balance rather than Der Führer, but others may disagree. I believe I have the respect and trust of the current Admin team and my fellow players, even (especially) when disagreeing, and have been able to keep things smooth where friction arose.

Anyway, as usual chat me up in discord, shoot me a PM or visit the Q&A if you enjoy putting my feet to the fire (or just chewing some fat).

Cheers,
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Hey folks when, it comes to matters concerning the election of LA, looks like I got to step up and run the election. That being said, if no one else steps up and everyone's satisfied with how Veilan has been handling things, then you don't need to do anything. He will continue to serve the role for the next term.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Its time to vote

Please go here

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=53058
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

As PA declared in my Q&A, I seem to have won the vote of confidence. I am just putting this here for the record as I tend to review only old election threads when questions come up, not the accompanying Q&As (which are entirely voluntary).
Analogkid wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:54 am
And Veilan wins the vote of confidence! congrats eh.