HARVESTIDE FESTIVAL MOONSHAE's

This is a general open discussion for all ALFA, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeons & Dragons topics.

Moderator: ALFA Administrators

Are you Interested in Joining in on the Harvestide Festival

Poll ended at Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 pm

YES - When is it?
82%
No - I am not interested
No votes
I can't - I am a DM on Moonshaes, but I want to help!
18%

Total votes: 11

Arianna
Tech Admin

HARVESTIDE FESTIVAL MOONSHAE's

Post by Arianna »

gonz.0 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:03 am
Moonshaes is having a Harvestide Festival

Moonshaes is having a Harvestide Festival in celebration of a excellent harvest after 3 years of bad ones...

Not only the headline, but the fact.
An in-character posting will be made on the server forums, once the date is formalized. The powers-that-be in the Moonshaes are wishing to celebrate the end of certain threats against the Moonshaes that have been hanging over their heads for years, and are inviting all the people of lands to come celebrate the fall harvest with a festival. The Queen has also opened the festival to all those friendly to the islands who would wish come share in the celebration and the fun.

What this means to you... Do you have a character in NWN2 on ALFA servers? You are invited. This is an opportunity to get together and enjoy our community in a fun non-threatening sense of competition and fun. All levels and classes are invited. There is no charge for taking part and camping available at the site.

This posting is to give information and gauge interest and availability. All of the traditional events, Stage Show to show off your talents and performances, Pie Eating, Drinking, Archery, Dueling, Wrestling/Boxing, Grand Melee, and a NEW Specially designed Magician's Competition for this year... yes.. you heard me.. not a grand melee for magicians, but a demonstration of power and control to determine who is the greatest wizard/sorcerer of the competition.

Now of course, there will be prizes... I guarantee, if you are coming for the prizes, they are worth the competition. Those of you who just want fun... EVERYONE who comes to take part, will multiply the fun!

Follow the link below to let us know when you would be available to join so we can hold the event when the most are available.
http://whenisgood.net/alfa19
Please post in the comments what events you are most interested in.
Arianna wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:19 pm
HARVESTIDE WILL TAKE PLACE BETWEEN THE 4TH AND THE 14TH OF OCTOBER [AS THOSE ARE THE DAYS I HAVE OFF AND AVAILABLE THIS YEAR. ]

LET ME KNOW WHICH WEEKEND OR DAYS OF THE WEEK YOU WOULD BE MOST AVAILABLE SO THAT WE CAN FIGURE OUT WHEN THE MOST PEOPLE WILL BE AROUND AT ONE TIME IN ORDER TO SET UP COMPETITION DAYS

IF ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE YOU HAVE LOGGED INTO NWN2 I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET YOUR DOWNLOADS DONE WELL AHEAD OF PLANNED LOG IN IN CASE THERE ARE ANY ISSUES
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Veilan
Lead Admin

Re: HARVESTIDE FESTIVAL MOONSHAE's

Post by Veilan »

I really appreciate your enthusiasm and generosity in planning this. I would try to be around, but my only windows are weird Euro weekday mornings (Mon, Wed, Thur), such as of the time of this post - so yeah, don't consider me :D.

Best of luck with the event!
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Veilan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:40 am
I really appreciate your enthusiasm and generosity in planning this. I would try to be around, but my only windows are weird Euro weekday mornings (Mon, Wed, Thur), such as of the time of this post - so yeah, don't consider me :D.

well then find a few more 'weirdos' in your time slot and I am can come up with something for you :)

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Veilan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:40 am

Veilan, there will be some things you can do without a DM as well. I'd still suggest checking it out, even if it's just to run the horse race track. It's a hoot.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

NOTICE .>>.. . . . . .. . . . . . .NOTICE

During the week of 10/4 - 10/14 I will not be running the regularly scheduled game on BG in order to facilitate DMing of Harvestide on MS

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Anyone who is thinking they need an IC reason to come to the festival... take note.

Horatio had notices sent to Ruquel, Beregost, Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, Silvery Moon and Rivermoot more than a month ago, inviting friends of the Moonshaes to come join in their harvest celebration.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

MC - Horatio (Gonz.0) who is acting as the player host and judge.
MS DMs will be officiating in the roles of NPCs.

EVENT RULES:
  1. No bladed weapons will be used against living beings during the course of the competitions.
  2. No Magic will be used in the competition except within the specially warded arena for the Magical Displays
  3. Healing Magic will be permitted, but only for those not currently engaged in a competition.
  4. Acting contrary to these or specific contest rules will result in disqualification from competition, and may be grounds for arrest.
  5. Gambling is permitted with simple rules. Wagers are to be placed with coin on hand, and placed into the care of a third party who will pay the winner, minus a 1% (round up) fee for the service. Competitors are not permitted to wager upon matches they themselves are taking a part.

EVENT LIST:
    1. Archery : Each character taking part will be give a standard short bow to use, and three standard arrows. Each shot will be scored by the judge and recorded on the running scoreboard (see link) on this forum. In addition, three additional arrows will be given and scored, recorded as 'Tie Breaker Shots' 1,2, and 3. Using this system, an archer on day 1, can compete against an archer on day 10 without advantage to either.
      * In the case of a deadlock, a final shoot off will be done on the 12th during Arianna's regular game time.
      * The winner of the contest will be awarded with an enchanted longbow, while the runner up will receive a masterwork composite longbow.
    2. Bardic Stage Competition : Each character wishing to compete, will announce to the judge or DM that they are prepared to perform. They will perform their show, and they will be given a maximum of two skill checks, either two of a single skill or separate rolls for multiple skills performed. Totals combined to show their final score. The judge will post upon the score board on this forum.
      * In the case of a deadlock, a final show will be performed on the 12th during Arianna's regular game time.
      * The winner of the contest will be awarded with magical cloak, while the second placed contestant will receive a special token of good will from the Queen.
    3. Brawling : Fisticuffs will be engaged only by contestants who step forward to challenge each other, and are officiated by a judge of the games. No Magic is permitted, no weapons or armor. It is to be a bare knuckles and wits event. Winners and losers will be posted upon the score board.
      Competitors who have lost two matches will be disqualified from further competition.
      * The winner of the competition will the fighter who has won the most matches by the 12th.
      * In the case of deadlock, there will be scheduled a fight before the awards.
      * The winner of the contest will be awarded with a brawler's belt, while the runner up brawler's gloves.
    4. Drinking : Competitors will inform a judge they wish to compete, and who will witness and keep score. Each mug will count for 10 points, as the drinker pollutes themselves they will accumulate 10 points for every mug they manage to drain before their fortitude gives out. As a tiebreaker, the competitor will use the in game dice roller, to roll 1d100, which will be recorded on the score board by the judge.
      * In the case of a deadlock, an additional 1d100 will be rolled by each competitor. If one competitor is unavailable, the judge will make the roll in their stead.
      * The winner of the contest will be awarded with the "Mug of Plenty". (A Minor Healing Reusable)
    5. Dueling : Dueling, sometimes referred to as swordsmanship, will be engaged only by contestants who step forward to challenge each other, and are officiated by a judge of the games. No Magic is permitted, only blunted (sub-dual) melee weapons are permitted, with the option of a shield, No Armor. It is to be a contest of skill, toughness and bravery bare knuckles and wits event. Winners and losers will be posted upon the score board.
      Competitors who have lost two matches will be disqualified from further competition.
      * The winner of the competition will the fighter who has won the most matches by the 12th.
      * In the case of deadlock, there will be scheduled a fight before the awards.
      * The winner of the contest will be awarded with title "Melee Master" and be awarded with an enchanted long sword, while the 2nd place competitor will be awarded with a masterwork long sword, both in-scripted for the occasion.
    6. Grand Melee : The Grand Melee will be commenced when two teams of three or more are formed and prepared to compete. If, during the festival no collection of at least 6 competitors can be collected to present themselves to a judge, then there will be no Grand Melee.
      -
      The competitors will be equipped with colored padded armor to identify them as Red or Blue team, and using sub-dual, and non-magical melee weapons only. Weapons will be provided if needed. NO MAGIC will be permitted, no casting of spells upon the competitors from bystanders, and no use of magical aids or attacks will be permitted.
      -- USE OF MAGIC IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE FORFEITURE OF THE EVENT. --
      * The winning team will the one with at least one team member standing at the end.
      * All members of the winning team will be awarded a nifty 'winner' medal, and a useful healing item to compensate them for the effort and pain.
      * All members of the losing team will be bought a mug of their preferred drink by the winning team.
    7. Horse Racing : Races will be performed in heats. Competitors who take part will need to collect at least three participants willing to mount up and make a run around the track. They will alert a judge who will officiate the start of the race. The race will be performed on 'horseback', and must be run on the track, hitting all gates. Taking shortcuts will disqualify the 'rider'.

After completing the circuit, the rider in the lead must capture the ring hanging from the pole on the left, while the second place rider must capture the ring hanging from the pole on the right. The rings will then be turned over to the judge to declare the winner of the heat, and second place.

* Those who do not have a horse but wish to compete should seek out the MC/Judge, Horatio who will place with them one of his herd.
      * Those who win a heat will be awarded a prize of 100gp, and the second place will be awarded 50gp.
      * There will be a race consisting of only 1st, and 2nd place heat winners on the 12th, the time is to be determined. From this final race the cup winner and 2nd place winner will be determined.

* The overall winner of the contest will be awarded with a Trophy Cup, and a purse of 1,000gp. The 2nd place competitor wills receive a minor magic trophy riding crop, to spur his mount to greater speeds in the future.
    8. Magical Display : Arcane magic, and it's practitioners have long been a source of consternation for the ffolk. Centuries of troubles and disasters caused through malicious or careless displays of arcane power have left their mark. Even the works of wizardry and arcane skill that have proved a boon, or saving grace to the islands is not enough to sway their hearts as a whole. An effort to provide both entertainment and education has been added to the festival this year.

With aid and instruction from the High Queen Consort, and Arch Mage Keane, a special field has been constructed with warded boundaries to hold displays within, and allow onlookers to peer in curiosity and not fear. Within that field, a magical competition will take place, in which not the most powerful or dangerous magics will prevail, but the most controlled, and precise use of damaging magic will thrill and entertain.

Rather than risk injury battling another wizard, there there will be a varied number of targets, of differing compositions which will give points when defeated or destroyed. The winner, will be the one with the most points. However, there is a surprise which will be revealed when the competition starts, that may make the difference between a winner, and a loser in this competition.

* This event will be time trialed, and can be started by a DM to give no more than 3 minutes to complete. Points will be tallied by the Judge and shown on the score board. As a tiebreaker, there will be a second display, or if not all tied can be present, a 1d100 roll for each will determine who prevails.
      * As with all of the events, use of magic that harms any individual at the event will disqualify that magician from the competition.
    9. Pie Eating : Competitors will inform a judge they wish to compete, and who will witness and keep score. Each Pie will count for 10 points, as the eaters stuff themselves they will accumulate 10 points for every pie they manage to put down before their fortitude gives out. As a tiebreaker, the competitor will use the in game dice roller, to roll 1d100, which will be recorded on the score board by the judge.

* In the case of a deadlock, an additional 1d100 will be rolled by each competitor. If a competitor is unavailable, the judge will make the roll in their stead.
      * The winner of the contest will be awarded with the "Spoon of Good Health". (A minor healing reusable)
    All rules, prizes and events are subject to modification at any time before completion of the event.
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Pies and Drinking are set up to do FORT rolls as you ingest them . . . if you go down your out

ALSO for any considering trying to slip a magical item into an event to help them . . . . you can consider that there will be mages on hand that will be casting Detect Magic on participants ... Any found trying to cheat will be disqualified

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Competition Closed:
  1. 1st Place - Nylian Longstrider
  2. 2nd Place - Zelon Hawk
ARCHERY SCOREBOARD:

Contestant - - - -| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | Total | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 1st | 2nd | 3rd |
  1. Caeleyl - - - | 5 | 4 | 3 | | -- 12 -- | Tiebreaker, 2 | 4 | 1 | -- -7 -- |
  2. Zelon Hawk | 6 | 4 | 3 | | -- 13 -- | Tiebreaker, 1 | 5 | 5 | -- 11 -- |
  3. Nylian Longstrider | 4 | 6 | 3 | | -- 13 -- | Tiebreaker, 6 | 5 | 3 | -- 14 -- |
  4. Darick Brown | 1 | 5 | 5 | | -- 11 -- | Tiebreaker, | 4 | 4 2 | -- 10 -- |
  5. Neargrim Boulderbeard | | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, | | | -- -- -- |
  6. Nijlo Johannz | 2 | 3 | 5 | | -- 10 -- | Tiebreaker, 2 | 4 | 5 | -- 11 -- |
  7. Sylvaine de Rochelle | 5 | 5 | 1 | | -- 11 -- | Tiebreaker, 6 | 5 | 6 | -- 17 -- |
  8. Fumir | 3 | 5 | 4 | | -- 12 -- | Tiebreaker, 2 | 6 | 1 | -- -9 -- |
  9. Bellie | | | | | -- 11 -- | Tiebreaker, | | | -- 11 -- |
  10. | | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, | | | -- -- -- |
  11. | | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, | | | -- -- -- |
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:12 am, edited 15 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Competition Closed:
  1. 1st Place - Baroness Sylvaine de Rochelle
  2. 2nd Place - Isabelladonna Sproutleaf
BARDIC COMPETITION SCOREBOARD:

Entertainers not wishing to compete:
Whisper, Dance:21
Shae'halis Demont, Dance:21
Horatio Allengarde, Lute:25

Contestant - - - -| 1st | 2nd | Total | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, ##
  1. Izzy (Bellie) (Dance) | 13 | 29 | 42 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 2
  2. Zelon Hawk | 17 | 23 | 40 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 28
  3. Baroness Sylvaine de Rochelle | 10 | 32 | 42 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 92
  4. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  5. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  6. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  7. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  8. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  9. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  10. | | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Competition Closed:
  1. 1st Place - Darrick Brown
  2. 2nd Place - Zelon Hawk
BRAWLING COMPETITION SCOREBOARD:

Contestant - - - -|WINS|LOSSES| -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, ##
  1. Caeleyl | 0 | 1 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 59
  2. Darrick Brown | 3 | 0 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  3. Nijlo Johannz | 0 | 1 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 60
  4. Zelon Hawk | 0 | 1 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 61
  5. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  6. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  7. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  8. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  9. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  10. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Competition Closed:
  1. 1st Place - Darick Brown
  2. 2nd Place - Bellie
DRINKING COMPETITION SCOREBOARD:
  1. Contestant - - - -| Mugs Drunk | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, ##
  2. Caeleyl | 0 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, (failed Fort test on 1st mug)
  3. Toby | 3 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 56 % of the 9th downed.
  4. Darick Brown | 8 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 83 % of the 9th downed.
  5. Bristle McGristle | 1 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  6. Zelon Hawke | 2 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 48 % of the 3rd downed.
  7. Nylian Longstrider | 0 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, (failed Fort test on 1st mug)
  8. Neargrim Boulderbeard | 3 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 44 % of the 3rd downed.
  9. Bellie | 3 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 97% % of the 4th downed.
  10. Verisa | 0 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 7% of the 1st mug downed.
  11. Maus | 2 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 77% of the 3rd downed.
  12. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  13. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  14. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  15. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  16. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  17. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  18. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  19. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  20. | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:20 am, edited 11 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Competition Closed:
  1. 1st Place - Tobias Menzer
  2. 2nd Place - Bristle McGristle
DEULING COMPETITION SCOREBOARD:

Contestant - - - -|WINS|LOSSES| -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, ##
  1. Tobias Menzer | 1 | 0 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 81
  2. Darick Brown | 0 | 1 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  3. Bristle McGristle | 1 | 0 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker, 77
  4. Nylian Longstrider | 0 | 1 | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  5. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  6. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  7. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  8. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  9. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
  10. | | | -- -- -- | Tiebreaker,
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Competition Cancelled. :wall:

GRAND MELEE SCOREBOARD: <winner>

Contestant - - - -|TEAM|
  1. | |
  2. | |
  3. | |
  4. | |
  5. | |
  6. | |
  7. | |
  8. | |
  9. | |
  10. | |
Last edited by gonz.0 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
The real Gonz.0

Horatio