Jannal and Elsa

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Jannal and Elsa

Post by Tamlin »

Overheard in the Blade and Stars

A conversation between an elf and a half-orc

Half-Orc: "...approximately 22 days ago this troupe was hired by a man by the name of Horatio to look into the disappearance of one of his serving ladies, a miss Elsa. Apparently she had run off with a man by the name Jannal, and Horatio believed his intentions to be nefarious. One of the men, a man named Zelon, even believed that the man could be a vampire - which would mean this Elsa would be in serious danger indeed. It was found that this Jannal was meeting with some cronies at the Helm and Cloak ~ and it was possible that Elsa was there as well. In our investigation another of our number, a miss Madeleine magically charmed the bouncer stationed outside the meeting room, Jonathan, so we could get information from him. He supported the fact that Elsa was in fact in the meeting room, but that she was healthy, with no marks of damage or abuse. The fact she was said to be healthy is interesting as well, as she was apparently quite sick when she left Horatio's. Jonathan wouldn't say whether or not Jannal was also there, but we did catch Jaffee, the curios shop owner, leaving the room, and the bouncer confirmed our suspicions that this Jaffee was there. Unfortunately, at that moment the guards came to arrest us, after getting a distress signal from the bouncer. Unfortunately this miss Madeleine somehow escaped with the bouncer - where they went I do not know, although I feel guilt that I allowed this innocent men to be uprooted from his life. The guards are on high alert for this Madeleine from now on though."

Half-Orc: "It was also revealed to us by the manager of the Helm and Cloak that Elsa was hired by the Helm and Cloak as a serving girl, apprenticing to the chef, before she apparently left, saying she was to be married."

Elf: "All right Rahkori, where do we go from here?"

Half-Orc: "While this Elsa appears to be in good health, it could be she too was magically charmed - or maybe made a thrall, if it's true this Jannal is a vampire. Regardless it warrants looking into in greater detail. I would guess our next move would be to confront this Jaffee and ask him what he knows of Elsa and Jannal."

Elf: "Do you think the others will work with you again?"

Half-Orc: "I don't know Ay'ara. . . they were not happy that I would not lie to the guards about what we had done with the bouncer Jonathan - I even found my coin-purse to be cut by the end of the night, though if it was one of them, or some other thief I cannot say for certain. Things got out of hand quickly. But we need their help - they know the city far better than we do. If this man Jannal is as bad they think. . . we'll need what help we can get. If we are to save this girl, and possibly more - apparently this Jannal is often seen carousing with various women - working together would be beneficial, if I am able to find them and patch up this matter."
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes