Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Post by StephenUmpf »

The old man's hand tightens on his longsword. His eyes slowly slide open looking around as he tries to determine what has woken him. He grumbles realizing it was nothing. He has become a fixture in front of the fireplace at the Blade and the Stars. The proprietors say little to him and avoid eye contact. All in all, they treat him as an unwanted relative that has overstayed his welcome.

He mutters to himself "You're too stupid to die in your sleep, old man." Slowly, Blacke's expression shifts from crotchety scowl to jaw clenched determination. He lowers his sword and massages his hand for a moment. He takes out paper and his writing instruments.

"Attention Sellswords, Mercenaries, and Adventurers:

A veteran is setting off in search of a missing item. He needs a few able companions. Equal share of blood and gold is offered as well as all of the glory. Leave word at the Blade and Stars for Blacke."
Blacke finishes the note and heads out to post it on the notice board.

Saturday 5/3 @ 9:30 PM EST - Lok DMing - PM me if you are interested and we can find time beforehand to go over the plot.

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare