Note posted around the Gate

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Note posted around the Gate

Post by Zelknolf »

The point of making that big deal is that typically when such invitations are posted, they're done with the consent of all parties, and there tends to be the assumption that differences will be set aside for the purposes of the event. This one was unique in that no such consent was acquired; to the Selûnites, it would have just been traditional enemies of their faith showing up at their doorstep. Not merely "social awkwardness." I'd have just played with social awkwardness.

Of course, that brings me the broader point that Selûnites would generally claim that Umberlaut are the greater evil than Zhents or Cyricists, and having them work with the former to harm the latter is frankly complete nonsense. Specifically accomodating traditional enemies of Selûne effectively excludes the tech team (that is, three people), or at least requires that they disregard central values of their characters. Add that the tech team currently has no other regular sessions, and this change is to accomodate a fellow who didn't show up and a fellow who already has a campaign (that is, two people, one of whom needs no help). So, y'know, grumpiness there, and wording is going to be strong.
Witchdoctor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Witchdoctor »

Of course they could meet up at the shiny new building dedicated to the Red Knight and avoid all possible drama from dedicated selunites. Bah that is just crazy talk, never mind.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Aside from the dedicated Selûnites who are now hedged out of the plot, stuck sacrificing central pieces of their values, or embroiling themselves in CvC to participate. That would be those three people with no other DMing who are excluded for the sake of including two others (one of whom has a regular campaign already).
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

It's heegz call. Zyrus can bow out if he wants the Selunite PCs more.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((I note that the location had/has been changed...??))
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

Zelknolf wrote:That would be those three people with no other DMing who are excluded for the sake of including two others (one of whom has a regular campaign already).
Now, I am aware that I might just overvalue my own self-importance here, but this is the second time you single people out where I believe you think I am one of them, and if that isn't the case, simply ignore this post. Now, I didn't reply to your last post since I really don't want to even begin to engage in a discussion which only served to correct you, but since you keep spewing nonsense, I seem to be out of a choice. Zelknolf, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I hope that is enough to get you to exclude me from any future enlightened posts you feel that you need to make in the future.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

ALFA: Where a call for adventure turns into spiteful arguments since 1994.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
JonnyJerny
Gelatinous Cube

Post by JonnyJerny »

Christ
[22:46] <Ronan_> I once stabbed a man in Reno just to watch him bleed.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

kid wrote:ALFA: Where a call for adventure turns into spiteful arguments since 1994.
You're right, of course. I should have just let it go again. Sorry to everyone who felt that my recent comments in this thread was unnessecary.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.