Gwenevere's Recombined Journal

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Re: Gwenevere's Recombined Journal

Post by johnlewismcleod »

Leah Silvertree is a beautiful woman. She keeps her fine, dark hair cut short, in the manner common among soldiers. This is not surprising, for even though she is smooth limbed and comely, she is also a paladin of Ilmater.
Leah SIlvertree is a lovely and petite maiden who yet dons and bears the accoutrements of war....jpg
Leah SIlvertree is a lovely and petite maiden who yet dons and bears the accoutrements of war....jpg (38.44 KiB) Viewed 6062 times
Though she wears metal armour and even a helm on occasion, I feel warmth within her, and know her to feel the suffering of the children taken by Bolnak. I bind her as having knowledge of this profanity, and name her patron as Ilmater, but have no doubt of her commitment to our task and name her a Hero of Baldur’s Gate.
Iolas Wyndaele is a handsome warrior of exceptional gallantry.jpg
Iolas Wyndaele is a handsome warrior of exceptional gallantry.jpg (33.98 KiB) Viewed 6062 times
Iolas is a handsome, dark-haired man. He is a paladin of Torm, and has shown himself stalwart Hero of Baldur’s Gate. He did hold back a giant in defense of myself and two children escaped from the clutches of the hag Bolnak. As I crouched with the children, he and Ashan did fell the brute with mighty blows to its knees, then dispatched it mercifully. With Ashan at his side, he led the Heroes of Baldur’s Gate in the battle against Bolnak’s horde at the East Gate bridge, and at the Friendly Arm ramparts stood toe to talon with Bombara.

Though not as chill of heart as Ashan, he doth possess many manly faults in commune with him. These notes I bind with the images of shared knowledge:

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Then let us find a way to be rid of her, and take our children back...whatever evil comes from that, I 'll accept, knowing some good came first from our deeds.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Hello Gwen, well met. How are you faring today? *small smile*

Gwenevere: [Talk] Very well, thank you Leah…I have news

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Is...do you have any news from your journey...ah..as I was asking...or about to… Ulgoth's Beard, was it?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] I have not been there myself.

Gwenevere: [Talk] As you know we went in search of the Traitor Child....we found him

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Leans forward, elbows on table* And...was...he was well?

Gwenevere: [Talk] He was within the lower reaches of the lighthouse in Ulgoth's Beard …and he was...a vampire

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Eyes widen in horror, brow furrows, turns eyes to table*

Gwenevere: [Talk] He would not aid us with much information about Bolnak

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Forgive me, Gwen...perhaps I am misled...is this not the same child that was taken from town here, only a small time ago?

Gwenevere: [Talk] No...This is a creation of the Dark Lord below the city

Gwenevere: [Talk] He was meant to be his loyal son, but over time turned on his "father"... And has since been rumoured to feed on evil creatures rather than innocents

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Sighs with relief* Oh by the mercies, thank you...it's just my own stupidity then, that...Dark Lord, did you say? I fear there is too much I do not know, my friend.

Gwenevere: [Talk] As do I, dear Leah

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Bolnak, now, is only too clear in my mind...but this Dark Lord, and son....*shakes head* they are both new to me...are they connected to the missing children?

Gwenevere: [Talk] But this I believe...the Traitor Child’s intent is to mislead our heroes

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Oh...well we cannot let that happen...at least we must do what our gifts allow us too.

Gwenevere: [Talk] He claimed that Bolnak's cruelties and abominations protect this city and wood from a creature of Ao

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Frowning, lips tight*

Gwenevere: [Talk] And that in the interests of all we should allow her cruelties to continue …*lips begin to tremble*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] That's hard news indeed, if it proves true...no more so than for you, Gwen.

Gwenevere: [Talk] The magi Ferox, of course, was taken in by this ruse

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Ladies **takes a seat with a grin**

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] The theft of our fair town's children...it's hard to ....*Looks up*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Well met Casen.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Kidnapping is not theft.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Even Ashan and Allina questioned our task after speaking with the beast

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Gwen was tutoring me on the circles of evil entwining our humble home here.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Casen, I believe, is true to the cause, and did pierce the deception

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Ashan...he believes this Traitor child?

Gwenevere: [Talk] He is a male...*shrugs*…they are creatures prone to intellectual deception

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Holds fingers to forehead, massaging in slow circles*

Gwenevere: [Talk] I cannot say for certain what he believes, but I felt him waver in his resolve

Casen Laslis: [Talk] There is no ruse to see through, it was explained to us that this hag has been given a false understanding of some prophecy, and the true prophecy is something far worse.....and something completely unrelated to Bolnak.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Ashan, Ferox, and Allina are just confused at the moment, they will come around.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] You must forgive my slow wits friend...allow me to lay the pages of this story flat...*Places hands on table, fingers splayed*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Well maybe Ashan will not, but… **shrugs**

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] There is Bolnak, who steals children for her own purposes...no one doubts that, hmm?

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Coorrect.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Sorry Casen...”kidnaps”. *Face taut*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] And then, beneath the city there is a Dark Lord, who only means us all ill, I can only assume.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] This is also true?

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Yes....well maybe.....there may or may not be a vampire lord
secretly living in the region....but if there is, he has done so for a very, very long time quietly.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] And he has a son, who has offended the father, but who is himself a source of great evil and a potential threat.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Do I have this all right, Gwen?

Gwenevere: [Talk] Yes, dear Leah

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Nodding slowly*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Welll.....no....the son is more of a moody recluse who suffers from depression and to many lonely nights......he is really only a threat if he is hungry or you listen to his complaints on existence.

Gwenevere: [Talk] His threat is in his nature and his deception

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Gwen...*rolls eyes*…there was no deception.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Then where is the confusion, my friends? Is it only on which is the greatest danger to the city? Or is it on how best we might turn these foes upon themselves?

Gwenevere: [Talk] He would have us believe Bolnak must be allowed to continue her atrocities against our children

Casen Laslis: [Talk] That is because he believes that....if someone tells you something
they believe is true it is not a deception. He is not a deciever....just wrong.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Turning eyes to look on them in turn*

Gwenevere: [Talk] If Bolnak has foes beyond us and the mothers of the region, I know them not…*firmly*… The task is ours

Casen Laslis: [Talk] **looks to Leah** The short of it… some vampire thinks Bolnak should be left alone, now Ferox, Ashan and Allina are confused.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] And what do you think, Casen?

Casen Laslis: [Talk] My suggestion is....ignore dooms day prophecy, if it happens it happens, avoid ancient vampires older than stones, and try and stick to doing what we can....in this case I think we can do something about Bolnak…*shrugs*…so we should.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Nodding* And you feel the same, Gwen?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *gazes at Casen with a relieved expression*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *nods, face pale*… She must be stopped...

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Staring at dice on table*

Gwenevere: [Talk] I would see her burn... *eyes defiant and vicious*...and happily add to her pier any who support her cruelties

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Gwen thinks we should stop Bolnak at all costs, I myself not so much....but I am willing to try and save children from her claws and if possible put an end to her.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Fortune would favour us more, if we had the full support of our friends…*looks pointedly at Gwen*… heroes all, Gwen.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Ashan, Allina...we could do more, with their leadership.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *eyes waver and fall to her lap, nods despondently*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Ideally yes, but I am not going to polish Ashan's bald spot to try and get him to help. If saving children is not cause enough to get him moving...I honestly rather not stand alongside him anywhere.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] As for Allina, she is all for stopping Bolnak, I assure you.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Casen...please…*gasps in evident frustration*… Please tell me why you fault Ashan so… By the bonds of the Broken One I wish to understand.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Speak with Ashen, Leah... Urge him to think and feel beyond his nature. With each moment that passes children suffer unspeakable torture.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *nods to the barkeep, asking for a cup of water*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] To me the man appears to use patience as an excuse for inaction, tolerance as an excuse for letting horrors take place before him, and caution as his excuse for fear.
Casen Laslis.jpg
Casen Laslis.jpg (35.7 KiB) Viewed 6062 times
Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *glances sharply over at the nearly-filled table, speaks loudly* …Really?

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *studies Casen*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *sighs, shakes head*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] **looks to Iolas**

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Are you calling him a coward? …*quietly, eyes flinty*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] No, my friends...you have him wrong.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Men have no wombs... *murmurs, head down*…They are creatures of seed and reason, and are often blinded by such

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Iolas, please… No need for daggers, here.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] **looks to Gwen** If you even say something that ignorant again I am walking.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *smiles grimly, eyes locked on Casen* … I asked you a question, elf.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Men have no wombs **rolls eyes, shakes his head and looks to Iolas**

Gwenevere: [Talk] *looks up at Casen defiantly, falls silent*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Breathes deep and sighs*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Yes?

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] I asked you a question…answer it.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Folds hands on lap, closes eyes*

Gwenevere: [Talk] Ashan is no coward…*quickly, eyes dart ing between them*… and Casen knows this

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Yes, I think Ashan is full of Troll Drop.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Clenches jaw*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] I won't stand to hear anyone call him down for his courage.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] You want to get in a fist fight over my opinion of Ashan? …**grins, shrugs** …that’s more than he would do.

Gwenevere: [Talk] But he must be made to see that Bolnak's cruelties must stop

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Opens eyes* He will, Gwen...he will.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] And as for the two of you...*Rises to her full 5' 2" height*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *flexes his right hand unconsciously, clenching his jaw* … You can keep your opinions to yourself.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Leah asked what I thought of Ashan.....I told her.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Males!...*snaps, then rises and continues with venom*...you would fight amongst yourselves over words, while Bolnak tortures children?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Seething* …What hope do we have to undo the evil of one like Bolnak, when we cannot talk together without coming to blows?

Casen Laslis: [Talk] **looks to Gwen** …Go bake something.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Now Iolas...if you would speak with us, then sit down.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *calmly turning to face the two women* …I won't hear Ashan disparaged by the likes of him.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] If he needs some sense knocked into him, I will service him on it.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] And Casen, for the love of mercy, not all need be your enemy for you to be right.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] Iolas....listen...you seem like a stand up young man,… really you do. I am happy to see you are ready to knock my teeth in over what I said about a man you respect and call comrade.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] I think your friend has some issues though, and about nine out of ten times....I think his words drop out of his bottom forge.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Is that so? …*rises, eyes glint blackly*…Shall we meet outside then?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Fine. ..Go…*Gives a small desperate laugh, throws her hands up, at sits* …Beat each other. We'll be out presently to scorn you, as you clearly wish it.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] If you want to fight over it …**shrugs**… It really is not going to change my opinion of the man, but I have taken and given worse beatings then you can dish out for far lesser things than my opinions.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Or stay, and perhaps we could find a way to put a blade in
Bolnak's heart, should she have one.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *laughs*… You talk big, elf.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Iolas...I beg you...*steps between them*...let this pass. We must stand together against a great evil

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Crosses arms, fuming*

Casen Laslis: [Talk] **looks over to Iolas** If it will make you feel better about Ashan being so full of drop it runs from his mouth when he opens it....let’s take a walk.

Casen Laslis: [Talk] **slowly stands**… If someone told you I was anyone's hero, they were lying sweet heart.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *considers the two women, then turns toward the door* … Right!

Gwenevere: [Talk] *kneels and grasps Iolas' hand, holds it tightly*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] So this is how the great heroes spend their free moments…*Shakes head*…Fighting like penned boars in a sty.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *tries to leave, turns and looks down, surprised* …What are you doing?

Gwenevere: [Talk] I beg you, Iolas...*hangs onto hand, fingers white with effort*…let this pass

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Let go…*firmly*… I won't stand for it.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] This I could have seen in Espar *rolls eyes*…and never left.

Gwenevere: [Talk] We need him strong for the fight ahead…Please!

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *shakes his head, face expressionless and turns again to leave, only to be held, surprised at the grip*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] It's no use, Gwen...let him go...he'll just be feints and words till he punches something anyway.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] So you would make me seem a fool *and* a coward by challenging him and backing down.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *releases hand, eyes streaming tears*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Thank you…I will return shortly…*frowns down at Gwen*…Please, don't cry.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Rests head on flat hands, watching him leave*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Gwen...*Nods head toward table* …Come sit.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Do what you must...*sighs a ragged breath, quietly*...you are only a man, after all

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] They'll be back, and gathered, blood and all...you'll see.

Gwenevere: [Talk] You see, Leah? ...*sits heavily*…This is the harvest from the lie sown by the Traitor Son

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] You're wrong about them, you know.. .

Gwenevere: [Talk] Am I? ...*sighs*… I do hope so

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] I know the men you're speaking of, Gwen...seen them every day of my life, I did.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] But Casen, Iolas...Ashan without a doubt...that's not who they are.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] They're /heroes/ Gwen…

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] And that...that's more than men, or womenfolk, or any other manner of creature come to it.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Yes...they are heroes...but they are male... they are vain, prideful beasts deaf to what their hearts should tell them

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] You'll see…*patient voice*… Give them the chance to show you another path for a man...they will. These freinds we have found, they will. *nods slowly, confident tone*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Follow what is your path, but leave yourself open to theirs. Don't decide about them too soon, Gwen.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *wipes eyes* …I do pray that it is so

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] It is. You'll see.

Gwenevere: [Talk] I was there when the vampire spun his tale... I saw them hang on each foul word

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Ilmater himself, dear Gwen...the father of mercy...is he not male?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Does he not feel, and reason too?

Gwenevere: [Talk] That is true, Leah...*frets with her kerchief*… I am over wrought, perhaps...

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Waves hand to dismiss thought, smiles slightly* OF that we can all be forgiven, my friend.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Smiles falls away* …Tell me more of this Traitor Child, Gwen.

Gwenevere: [Talk] He was once a handsome human… and still bears a striking visage...but his skin is gone grey and bloodless...
The Traitor Son is a vampire who conceals his vile nature beneath the guise of refinement....jpg
The Traitor Son is a vampire who conceals his vile nature beneath the guise of refinement....jpg (80.32 KiB) Viewed 6062 times
Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Of what age is he, or was, before his turning?

Gwenevere: [Talk] In his prime, I would think…*shrugs*…But no warmth lies longer within him...

Gwenevere: [Talk] He speaks with charm, and moves with grace, and well mimes the comportment of a gentleman....but all with the aspect of a cold serpent

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Nodding* He sounds a danger, sure.

Gwenevere: [Talk] He claimed the orbs that fell from the skies in days past...that one contained a creature of destruction that could rival any god in power

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Staring at table, nibbling on nail*

Gwenevere: [Talk] and offered that Bolnak holds the creature at bay somehow with her cruelties

Gwenevere: [Talk] It is plainly false on it’s surface...If the creature can rival a god in power, how is it that Bolnak could keep it at bay?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] How kind of her…*sarcastic tone*… Did he claim why she would do such a thing?

Gwenevere: [Talk] It is madness...he lies to protect her

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] A worrying thought, from every side, no matter how you turn it, Gwen.

Gwenevere: [Talk] But it matters not...as any woman would know...with our children dies our hope…and our future

Gwenevere: [Talk] No woman would be deceived by such a ruse

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] There is no purer evil Gwen, nothing to strike more dear than to take the innocent from us.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] I cannot abide it either.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] I only wish I had wisdom enough to see the path to undoing her. But I fear I have little to offer, but my arm and rage.

Gwenevere: [Talk] The magi Ferox's heart is even as cold as the vampire’s...but in
Ashan I feel strength...With encouragement he will see through the deception and know what we must do… Perhaps even Ferox may be made to see

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] He is a true warrior, Gwen...and as noble a hero as any Knight Of Myth Drannor. Trust in me, he is only seeking the best path to strike this evil down.

Gwenevere: [Talk] I pray it is so, dear Leah… For the sake of the children and ourselves… If we allow this to pass we are damned

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Gwen...forgive me...but I...there is a place I need to go a short while...when our bloodied friends return from their folly...will you tell them I shall return soon?

Gwenevere: [Talk] Of course, dear

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Rises*

[Ferox169] Ferox: [Talk] * smiles at Gwen* …What is happening?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *looks up as Ferox enters* … The men are outside, Ferox… *face pale, eyes red*…beating one another... go and join them...as I'm sure it is your want

[Ferox169] Ferox: [Talk] Aggression and fighting are useful in only certain situations…*looks down at Gwen with faint curiosity*…Are you well?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *grimaces, eyes venomous*… Go and bring their damaged bodies back…that I may attempt mending

[Ferox169] Ferox: [Talk] * laughs, turns on heel* …as well as ever I suspect

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *reaches wordlessly for his cup of water*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *looks up at Gwen calmly*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *examines him closely for injury*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Begging your pardon, my Lady.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Are you undamaged, Iolas?

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *there is a bit of blood around the corners of his mouth still, where a lip was cut and some swelling remains, as well as a bruised jaw that he works a little to ease the stiffness*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *smiles* No man walks away from a fight like that untouched.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Mind if I sit?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *reaches out and touches the bruise*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *looks away* Please, no healing.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] These must stay.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *studies her face as she returns to her seat*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *frowns, sits, crosses legs, adjusts skirts*… I am pleased that you are not crippled, Iolas

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *seems taken off guard by the unexpected comment* …Why did you try to stop me?

Gwenevere: [Talk] I fear the focus of our heroes is undermined by the lies of the vampire…*avoids his eyes*… The creature has set each upon the other and divides us in our purpose

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *doubtfully* …I wouldn't have put up with that regardless.

Gwenevere: [Talk] But Leah has faith in you all... And I have faith in her

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *enters with sad smile*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *calmly* … I know she has faith.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *Sighs* …He hasn't returned yet?

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *jumps a little*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] *snickers*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *looks up at her accusingly*

Gwenevere: [Talk] No...is he able? Or has Iolas beaten him senseless?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Senseless?...hmm…*deadpan*…You'd first need possess it, would you not?

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Oh... *Grins wickedly* …he's able, don't doubt that.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *frowns* …If you must know, he barely won.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Won? ... The only winner is Bolnak and her vampire

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Please, Iolas...don't try to tempt us with details...it's done, let that be enough.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] I wouldn't fight him in my armor, but he didn't have any compunctions about leaving his on.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Any more than that and I shall have to plead Ashan to wipe the streets with both of you.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *looks down at his cup, flushing faintly*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Please my friends, sit, hmm?

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *stubbornly* I did what was necessary.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] Yes… Yes of course, Iolas...forgive me. *Warm nod, face even*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *slightly arched eyebrow at the sudden turn, nodding slowly*

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] You are a true friend of Ashan's, and I mean not to suggest anything else.

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *mutters* …Thank you.

Leah Silvertree: [Talk] You are welcome, Iolas.rejoin with our host.
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Allina Du’Monte and Casen Laslis are gone missing, it seems...and many suspect they are rejoined to the care of their patrons (whomever that might be). Although Casen was a spurious drunkard and mostly devoid of any pale vestige of chivalrous character, I fear our hopes to end Bolnak’s reign of terror may be dealt a terrible blow in this.
Allina Du'Monte.jpg
Allina Du'Monte.jpg (14.06 KiB) Viewed 6061 times
Casin Laslis.jpg
Casin Laslis.jpg (50.86 KiB) Viewed 6061 times
I never envied Allina her charge as probation mistress of Casen, and oft reflected that she was not well suited to such endeavour due to her own volatile nature... but if, as most doth speculate, she did lead him against Bolnak’s forest stronghold without support of the further number of our heroic host, then she has sorely weakened our effort and played foolishly into the hag’s favour.

None can dispute the courage of either of these two individuals, but when twined they did oft present the aspect wanton incendiary. May the rumours of their deaths be not borne out and Resplendent Oghma return them to our care that they may rejoin with our host.

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Conner at East Gate bridge.jpg
Conner at East Gate bridge.jpg (6.72 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
She has flaming red hair that looks like the matted coat of a wild boar just emerged from a muddy bramble. Her face and skin show much evidence of what menfolk call “warrior’s badge of honour”, but one must look with some diligence to discern them beneath the grime and last mealtime remains that cling to her doggedly. Her mouth is undecorated, thunderous, and usually dispensing vulgarities or threats. She stands or sits with legs flung carelessly wide, and nearly always with a huge great axe held seemingly weightless in a calloused hand.

In summation, I would find her the antithesis of any and every feminine virtue that is known or recorded, save one. Methinks she is loyal and true to her friends. And it is my good fortune to number myself among those fortunate few. I say few, because her first instinct (and methinks instinct is her guide in this world), is to mistrust and seek battle or dominance over any stranger she doth meet.
Roland Senders.jpg
Roland Senders.jpg (22.6 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
In truth I thought she might kill Roland Senders when first we encountered him near the blighted grove along the sea. He came to us, staggered from battle with seaside beasts, his clothing shredded and bloodied. When I attempted to examine him in hopes of mending his injuries Connor drove her great axe between us and pushed him back from my reach. Verily, in his weakened condition I thought he might fall from her rough handling, but Connor would not be deterred from pressing from him every detail of explanation for himself, each proffered answer greeted with hostile suspicion by her, before allowing me to attend him.

Truly bound, when first she did enter the Helm and Cloak Inn, great axe in hand, she caused such a tumult that I felt compelled to hide behind Iolas’ great shoulders for fear she might misuse me for barbaric sport. For though in her powerful grasp her great axe doth seem firmly within her command; with it she often scatters drink cups, topples chairs, and scars tables as if she meant their destruction.

But a queer barbaric charm she doth have, for in the days since I have known Connor I have come to treasure her company. She is a fierce and loyal companion and evidences admirable benevolence toward the more vulnerable sex she belongs to perhaps in name only. Verily, if there is male in the region she would countenance and could storm her battlements to take her heart, he would be an impressive male indeed.
Connor Brightwood doth pocess a queer, barbaric charm....jpg
Connor Brightwood doth pocess a queer, barbaric charm....jpg (43.94 KiB) Viewed 6066 times

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Kalana Du'Monte.jpg
Kalana Du'Monte.jpg (7.22 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
Kalana Du’Monte, paladin of Kelemvor, has come unto Baldur’s Gate in search of her sister Allina. Though the equal, if not more so, of Allina in strident purpose, she doth seem a virtuous maiden warrior. May any god that takes notice of our lost companions deliver them back to us with haste, for I cannot help but share in Kalana’s pain as the days continue to pass without further knowledge of the whereabouts of Allina and Casen.

Despite her discomfort concerning her missing sister, Kalana has pledged to aid our host in the effort to destroy Bolnak and her abominable horde. I have no doubt of her will in this and name her a hero of our cause without reservation.
Repo Magnus.jpg
Repo Magnus.jpg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
Another less forceful and imminently more diminutive male hin calling himself Repo Magnus has offered only conditional support despite full disclosure of Bolnak’s horrors. I Cannot yet bind herein his patron as yet, for he hath evaded unqualified response to that query as well, but hin are well known to be brave and exceeding their size in endeavour once roused to purpose.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Praise be to Oghma and any of the host who bolstered our heroes!...Bolnak’s cages are emptied and the children safe with Bentley Mirrorshade at the Friendly Arm!

We had no idea of storming Bolnak’s dungeon, and intended only to escort Roland safely to Candlekeep, but when we encountered the Hags red fog near The Wood of Sharp Teeth, our heroes would not be turned in their purpose. Even as her filth poured forth upon us and grievous blows rained down on our small host, no voice of despair was raised. Roland, Connor, Ashan, and the stout dwarf Snori rallied and repulsed each wave with fierceness worthy of verse.
Snori, though valiant, was struck low the ghoul fever and forced to retire from the field....jpg
Snori, though valiant, was struck low the ghoul fever and forced to retire from the field....jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
Snori did take ill after some foul gore did find it way from his sodden beard into his person, and in the rush of battle was sent back to the city to convalesce, for when Bolnak’s ranks did thin, the call went out to press forward…and into her realm our heroes rushed.
Bolnak's vile horde.jpg
Bolnak's vile horde.jpg (104.52 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
Ashan cautioned stealth, and verily his tactic proved our sustenance as we wove between Bolnak’s standing hordes through the fog shrouded wood. Even so, many were the pitched battles our heroes fought, and more than once I did fear myself wanting in resolve. But in the company of such valor I was buoyed. We did find some remains of the Flaming Fist host that preceded us, but they were strewn about in foul death and disarray.

We found but two of their number alive, surrounded by a host of her filth, and nearly at their end. Ashan, Connor, and Roland charged the phalanx and cut them down, and Oghma sustained me to mend their grievous wounds that they might clear the field. But they told us of the horrible fate of their fellows, and the collapse of their effort, cautioning us to flee with them or perish.

We saw them to safety, but none would follow them, instead turning once again to the inky, mist filled depths of the now putrid wood. We pressed on to her cabin, but there did meet such hardship and numbers were repulsed. Verily, if not for Ashan’s might and valor; Connor, Roland, and I would remain yet, in death, in that sodden wood. But as we fell back Roland did see a cave through the mists and after painstaking search did find a crevasse within that dropped deeper still. All that could be seen below was the rush of water, but Roland did insist on plumbing those depths and lo!...he found an elite of the Flaming Fist hidden deep within!
Roland.jpg
Roland.jpg (9.72 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
This excellent male did have a thought that the children could be reached from this deep chasm, and after bursting the animated armours of some foul creation of Bolnak that did guard a deep door, we found them! Five children in pitiful misery locked in cages in a cavern littered with carnage and cruelty.

Our heroes brought them out, and Connor displayed such kindness to the poor children that it brought tears to mine eyes. Verily she is a wonderment to behold. Indeed the children did seem to prefer Connor's calloused hand to mine own...perhaps children have insight into the failings of their elders and perceived something of my shame without knowing of it. But even such dark musings cannot dampen the joy in my soul this victory has brought me...it is a time of rejoicing and lauding the valour of my heroes.
The tenderness Connor showed the children surprised some....jpg
The tenderness Connor showed the children surprised some....jpg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
At the Friendly Arm after warm milk and buttered breads, Bentley did summon his great boar and offered the children rides upon its great withers. How quickly children do reclaim grace is proof for all to see of their magical nature.
Last edited by johnlewismcleod on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Connor dances with the children as they wait to ride Bentley's beast....jpg
Connor dances with the children as they wait to ride Bentley's beast....jpg (13.48 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
After dancing about with Connor, who was any gleeful child’s equal in joyful abandon, and many rides upon the great back of Bentley Mirrorshade’s porcine beast, the children were tucked each into warm beds. Only then did Bentley’s mood give way to dire prediction and utterance that Bolnak’s reprisal would doubtless come swiftly and with resolute cruelty. None could dispute that the greater part of our task doth yet lie before us: to strike the Hag down and see her burned unto sundered ash.

To a one we know the truth of this, and all did vouchsafe it would be done.

But although we did well expect that Bolnak would redouble her efforts against our city, no one I think, could have matched imagery of anticipation to the numbers and ferocity of the assaults she now musters against us. The attacks are now a daily rejoinder come eventide...as the red fog boils from the wood, the clattering of arms and bones follows fast upon it.
Against such onslaught...how long the Fist will hold is unknown.jpg
Against such onslaught...how long the Fist will hold is unknown.jpg (86.41 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
Verily I begin to wonder whether our host can long maintain vigilance and stand fast against this foul tide of corruption. Many grumblings are heard amongst the Flaming Fist offering the counsel of the cowardly up for consideration. Many times have officers seized up tremulous warriors engaged in mutinous advocacy, and then flogged them while their fellows bore witness, only to find the black colours taken up by thoses spared the lash. I begin to fear wholesale mutiny may soon convulse this mercenary force should the carnage not shortly subside.
Aramis, Ashan, Kalana, and Connor prepare for patrol....jpg
Aramis, Ashan, Kalana, and Connor prepare for patrol....jpg (58.46 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
Indeed we are hard pressed...only last eve a large Tyrian warrior, Aramis Fenderschwegel , did rejoin our host and showed great martial promise and resolve to see the siege lifted. But on patrol of the south road we were set upon by a great host of Bolnak’s vile horde just below the Carlisle Ruins. Aramis did charge forth into their midst, scattering dry bones with terrific power, but alas Kalana, Connor, and Ashan could not keep pace with him and were clave from his side by a putrid wave of shambling dead. Though with valiant effort the Tyrian did repeatedly fling from himself the grasping horde, each repulsion was rejoined by increased onslaught.

I tried to reach his side, for it was plain that no lone warrior could prevail against such a multitude, but I was stricken with fever and could not beat a path to him in time...anon he did fall, and verily, did not rise again from beneath that crushing host. When finally our heroes had rallied and breached the foul horde to come unto his aid, there was naught to be done for him. His once proud and polished armour was wrenched from his great frame, and the breath of life had been ripped from his broken body.

Afflicted from injury, I could but follow as Ashan carried the brave warrior unto the shrine of the Broken One, and we laid him at Ilmater’s feet. A great crowd of commoners did gather and many wept to see this hero rejoined to his patron’s care, for his appearance in our city had offered hope to many that despair we may ever break this siege.
We could but weep and pray that Aramis be rejoined to his patron....jpg
We could but weep and pray that Aramis be rejoined to his patron....jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
But even in the face of such near daily calamity our heroes doth stand firm, and never is offered coward’s counsel amongst our host. Despite mounting sickness and debilitating injury we are to a one committed to the destruction of Bolnak and her abominations.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Connor Brightwood.jpg
Connor Brightwood.jpg (37.85 KiB) Viewed 6072 times
Oh how I longed to ask her if she might teach me how she gained her strength and knowledge of warfare. And how she did free herself from the wanting and terror of men. But with the males at table, and my shame in my throat, I could hardly utter forth a word. I will ask her though, when we are in private. I herein bind her tale of transcendence and victory over vulnerability:

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Did I ever tell ye the time I first ventured into Baldur's Gate without me pa? Two bleedin' red-eyed cut purses with dopey grins came wanderin' out of an alley.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *eyes Conner with attention, listening calmly*

Gwenevere: [Talk] Cut-purses!...how misfortunate…Did they misuse you?

Repo Magnus: [Talk] having seen Conner.. misfortunate indeed…for cutpurses...*chuckles*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *concern turns to mirth* Indeed, Repo... *giggles*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] They stunk of weedsmoke, they did. They arsked me for me gold and everything else includin' me clothes offa me back. 'Course that's everythin' me pa saved fer.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *grins fades again, hand moves to throat* Oh, dear …They didn't...I mean...*face goes pale*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] So I stripped down to me undergarmets by dagger point and they made foul comments about how I was the ugliest woman they ever laid eyes an' all that nonsense.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *hand moves involuntarily to clasp Connors*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *keeps listening in quiet*

Gwenevere: [Talk] You don't have to share such in...I mean... *eyes wide in horror*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] That's when one of em' said I smelt like burn't pig. He 'ad a snakey grin, 'e did. 'is pearly whites glistened there in the darkness.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *seems quite wounded, eyes begin to tear*

Repo Magnus: [Talk] *listens and sips his ale*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] 'e didn't quite get where'd I came from or the why of it. That was the last straw too. So, there I was in me bed clothes an' mightily upset.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *glances at Gwen and seems to be surprised*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *quietly* Why tears, mistress Gwen?

Gwenevere: [Talk] Connor, dear...*ignores Ashan*...You needn't speak of it....not now...

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] That's when I thought of it. Them words; "You don't need to put up with this life. You can become better. Seize your fate." 'e spoke it afore the accident.

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] So enraged, I buried me arm all the way to me shoulder into his gullet. Frail dead git. That's when 'is red-eyed idjit friend suddenly realized somethin' t'weren't right with the whole situation, what with 'is partner's spleen all o'er the alleyway.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *eyes Connor again, calmly, listening further*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *eyes widen in shock*

Repo Magnus: [Talk] *takes sip of ale listening*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] I grabbed the other one by the neck an throttled 'im good until I heard a nice satisfyin' crack.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *wipes eyes with a cloth, grimaces*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Stripped them two idjits bare and took their gold, clothes, an anythin' else. Dumped them off into the sewers some wheres.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *calmly* Hm... it does sound rather... nasty. And rather painful.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *releases Connor's hand, straightens in chair* Well done!

Repo Magnus: [Talk] cheers indeed! *drinks*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Well what did ye expect?! That I juss sit there an' let them rape me? Oy! Aye, great plan! They deserved what I gave em considerin' them weed soaked dim-wits were doin' that to other lasses that night.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *eyes fierce* Oh, Connor!...you are magnificent!

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] Oh, you did well with those fools. Only methods appear to be a bit too... extreme.

Gwenevere: [Talk] I...*trails off, looks from face to face, softens expression and goes quiet*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Hey, I know the laws of this 'ere ci'y. I ain't want to be accused of murders I ain't commit 'er nothin.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] I don't think you need to worry about that.

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Self defense, is what.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] In fact your probably did a favor to the Fist.

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Oh yeh? How'd ye figure that?

Gwenevere: [Talk] You no doubt spared many more women dishonour and dispair

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *nods once faintly to Gwen's words*

Gwenevere: [Talk] If only....I mean... *haltingly, then firmly*… Well done, indeed

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Not really. I found ladies undergarments on thems. So, I guess I ain't kill them dead gits in time to help nothin'.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Perhaps, Connor...you could... well…*trails off*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] I even kept one fer meself. It fit me.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *eyes widen, then looks away*...I need some wine

Repo Magnus: [Talk] *puts the empty tankard on the table and stumbles*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] *Guzzles ale.*

Repo Magnus: [Talk] i... err... i need some sleep

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Roight. . .

Repo Magnus: [Talk] *waves away from the table towards the back of the inn*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *eyes some parchment in his hands and considers*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Actually Gwen, I got me another piece of garment too.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *drinks wine quickly*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] It's yers if ye wannit.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *speaks thoughtfully* Ar-Magus... Bazim -Gorag... *grins faintly for himself*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *face reddened*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Afore ye said I could be wearin' a dress fer the duke an such. Tis only right I return ye favor, is all.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Taken from…*pauses, eyes widen in horror*...the villains?

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Villians? No, they ain't own it…They juss stole it.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Oh!

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *folds his parchment slowly and puts it into his bag*

Gwenevere: [Talk] Oh...no, dear...I couldn't... Please burn them...

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *looks between Gwen and Conner*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *stands shakily*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *eyes Gwen with faint curiosity* Mistress... what is it?

Gwenevere: [Talk] I...please excuse me

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] *Wrinkles her brow and nods.* Ye always such a trim an' proper lass Gwen. Me pa wanted me to be like ye. . .

Gwenevere: [Talk] *looks to Connor* Your father should be very proud of you, Connor...

Gwenevere: [Talk] Even as am I to know you…

Gwenevere: [Talk] I... I must go...*very pale*… Please excuse me

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *seems to be faintly confused but nods once to Gwen*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *curtsies and hurries toward door*

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

It was a seemly pleasant afternoon of rapast and counsel....jpg
It was a seemly pleasant afternoon of rapast and counsel....jpg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 6073 times
We were enjoying an afternoon’s repast and counsel on the meadow outside the East Gate walls, and in fact, took no notice as Selune did rise with wan of the day. It was good fortune that the guards on the ramparts were vigilant, and gave shout as the red fog roiled from the Cloakwood and into the orchards just across the bridge. Our heroes had scant time to cast aside bread and goblets to take up arms and shields, but when Bolnak’s devil Bombara lurched from the apple orchard and onto the bridge our warriors surged into formation and barred his path.
Bombara approaches the East Gate bridge with a warning.....jpg
Bombara approaches the East Gate bridge with a warning.....jpg (45.17 KiB) Viewed 6073 times
Verily I did hope the timbers might give way under his hideous bulk, but though they did groan at the abuse of his heavy step, to our misfortune they did offer up grudging support. The Flaming Fist was slow to muster force to secure the bridgehead, but Ashan, Connor, Roland, Kalana, and Iolas presented shields shoulder to shoulder. His crossing was thus frustrated, the great best bellowed his displeasure and spoke in grating tones that did evoke the grinding of rock upon rock and did mine ears injury:

Bombara: [Talk] *deep vicious voice* Who represents you?!

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Ahhh, master Bombara. *calmly *

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] What in the name of the crystal spires are you?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] So... we meet again.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Gah!

Repo Magnus: [Talk] *quietly* I'll just stand behind the girl with big axe...

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] *studies the demon coolly as he approaches*

Gwenevere: [Party] *hands tremble as she draws a bolt back*

Bombara: [Talk] Let it be known that Bolnak no longer wishes to play fair with the city *booming deep voice that hammers at ears*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] *hand rests on his hilt blatantly*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Since you are here, I suppose you know all already, correct? *calmly, folds arms in front*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] T’hells with ye, lil' one. I'm throwin ye at it if'n it approaches any nearer.

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] By the gods...

Bombara: [Talk] The Dukes have been hiding a terrible secret from her…and have made her do all their dirty work

Repo Magnus: [Party] *steps back* axe first, eh?

Conner Brightwood: [Party] . . .erm?

Bombara: [Talk] *growls with large tusks* NO MORE!!!

Calum Aers: [Party] *rests a hand on the hilt of the blade at his belt*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Your 'master' deserves judgment.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Ahh... more secrets.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] No more wha’?

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] *considers silently*

The beast did turn away and retreat from our mustered force, disappearing again into the red fog. Verily I did hope our brave host had dissuaded him from his purpose, but no sooner did his bulk fade from sight, then Bolnak’s army began to pour forth in putrid scores. I did see many skeletal giants among them, scores of foul fleshed dead, many of them who’s rotting flesh did yet resemble heroes lost to her in previous battles, and armoured and sword wielding skeletons:

Repo Magnus: [Party] whew... *wipes sweat from his brow*

Roland Senders: [Party] Prepare yourselves for what comes next.

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] What in the name of the gods was that?

Gwenevere: [Party] Next?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *scowls ahead and draws her helm on*

Roland Senders: [Party] **prepares his sling**

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Her servant... a gargoyle by the name Bombara.

Repo Magnus: [Party] Err... *looks around*

Calum Aers: [Party] Probably whatever was going to send that *motions to the undead amassing*

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] Form a line, all...

Repo Magnus: [Party] Is this all normal around here?!

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] And you would make a deal with that?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] One ambassador of the balance in these lands.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] So. . . of all the mention of hags, wizards, banshees an' the like. . . no one bothered to mention a GIANT ARSE DEMON MUCKIN' ABOUT THE SWORD COAST!!!

Gwenevere: [Party] They come! *raises crossbow with trembling arms*

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] Defend from here!!!

Flaming Fist Mercenary Guard: [Talk] I’ll get more guards...hold this bridge!

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Get ready, everyone *calmly*

Calum Aers: [Party] *looks back to Conner* ...Twas a Devil. Not a demon.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Who cares?! It's damn big, is what!

Repo Magnus: [Party] *stares forth between the tall ones* ...Those are undead, no?

Roland Senders: [Party] **drops a stone into his sling and begins twirling it over head**

Calum Aers: [Party] Well... The dukes, mayhaps… for one.

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *plants her feet and readies her sword, taking a breath*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Calum! Wait!

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Eat me axe!

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Keep the line!!!

Calum Aers: [Party] *lifts the pendant from his neck* ...BACK!!!

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Frozen in their tracks! *shouts, raising axe and charging*...At ‘em!

Repo Magnus: [Party] *slings stones at undead with a look of terror on his face*
Battle of the East Gate bridge.jpg
Battle of the East Gate bridge.jpg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 6073 times
I bind herein our host did hold the bridge and none did pass to reach the city. Every hero on that bridge gave no quarter, and though many did slip and fall as the vile muck of carnage did mount up in heaps, each did rise again and valorous rejoin in the struggle. By and anon her forces did lessen in their fell press and retreat, back into her ochre fog. Then lo…did a child appear. The poor creature was in such a state of want and misery mine eyes did smart with tears.

Brave Iolas did scoop him up, but the child spewed forth some foul vapour that no doubt Bolnak gifted him with, and strong Iolas did buckle and fall to his knees in agony. I took up the child, but was felled belike in excruciating pain that forced my stomach to empty, and the air to catch and burn in my chest. I fear I did drop the child in my agony, though in truth I know not with certainty anything of those moments. Methinks I did hear Ashan and Connor close by and saw their ethereal faces draw near.

Though it seemed an eternity, methinks it likely no more than an hourglass emptied that my pain did subside. I rose to find myself covered in my own vomit. Connor did kindly shield me that I could cleanse away my shame in the river. When I returned to the bridge the child was healed, though still in a piteous state from Bolnak’s misuse. Ashan yet attended over Iolas, who lay yet crippled with affliction. No sooner did Iolas recover than was a call raised by a knight in white armour that the Friendly Arm was under siege. As I looked to the south, lo…fiery meteors did shower down from the skies in the distance, near where I imagined were the Friendly Arm ramparts.

We rushed in all haste to the Friendly Arm, and there saw Bombara battling a huge silvery boar in the distance. The boar was unnaturally large, indeed as large as any giant I have seen. But as we made our way toward the battle, we were set upon by a full score of Bolnak’s undead that were arrayed in ambush. Brave Modok took a shattering blow to his helm that sundered it into shards and felled the valiant warrior in sodden heap. Calum, Kalana, and Roland did form a wedge shield that I was able to attend Modok, and by the grace of my patron I did manage to staunch the wound and gather him back to us.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] So 'e ain't dead after all. . . *looks down at Modok briefly, eyes aflame with excitement*...Oh well. Get up an' start fightin'.

Gwenevere: [Party] Stay back, brave Modok...*pushes softly him softly, shielding him from the fray* ...I beg you stay well back

Conner Brightwood: [Party] *charges into the advancing horde*...Kill 'em all!

And our host charged the encroaching host of corruption, with devastating effect. Iolas, Connor, Calum, Kalana, and Ashan spit their rank, and in nightmarish ferocity sundered them back to the earth from whence they were raised. Methinks even the devil Bombara was given pause to reflection, for he stood over the broken corpse of the giant boar he had slain and glowered upon our host silently in complete stillness:

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] *seems at a loss, looks from Bombara to Ashan* ...Ashan? Do we strike at Bombara?

Calum Aers: [Talk] Why are we automatically trying to kill a messenger of the Dukes? Isn't that going to provoke them?

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] *pushes past Gwen, stares up at Bombara, eyes wide*...By the hells!

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *raises shield and sword*...Currently he is an enemy!

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Because it's a servant of the hag...*speaks over should at Calum, eyes riveted on Bombara*... You know, the one calling the undead?

Conner Brightwood: [Party] *pulls axe free from a fetid corpse*...‘Cause he's a giant arse demon!

Calum Aers: [Talk] Arguably, the hag is a servant of the Dukes also. You know, ...those blokes who run the hells?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] But this serves little.

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] *backs up a step*...I can do no good here!

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] Very well... *walks calmly to confront him*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] Here, Demon! *growls, aims a slashing blow at Bombara’s midrift...* Back to the Abyss!

And with that they set upon him: Ashan, Iolas, Kalana, Roland, and Calum hacking at the brute with resounding blows. Most seemed to glance off the devil’s rock-like scales with no seeming effect, as did our bolts and bullets, but our warriors were dauntless and rejoined each deflected blow with renewed effort until, lo...the beasts scales did seem to splinter and shard. Black blood oozed as blades began to find purchase between the beasts sundered plating.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] He ain't exactly. . . lookin' too displeased with our pepperin' him with darts an' the like...*drops crossbow, and charges with axe raised high*

Repo Magnus: [Talk] *mumbles to himself* ..this don't look good…

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] *disgusted, lowers crossbow, bleeding heavily*...I'm not wasting my bolts...

Gwenevere: [Party] *charges as Roland and Connor fall*...DIE DEMONSPAWN!

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *drops the quarterstaff and yanks the sword free*

Roland Senders: [Party] **lays bleeding**

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] *laughs hard* ...HA! HA!

Iolas Wyndaele: [Party] Up, man. It isn't your time yet.

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] Inside the inn...*motions toward gates, swaying as if he might fall*

Roland Senders: [Party] **slowly opens his eyes**

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] You did it *hopping and skipping* Oh, my she is going to be mad but *fluffy brows move up and down* Who Cares...you did it

Gwenevere: [Party] Connor! ...*cradles her bloodied head in lap*...Are you...*brushes caked hair from her face*...can you hear me?

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] Someone help your fallen...*motions toward Gwen and Connor*

Roland Senders: [Party] **slowly sits up and stands**

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] *clapping and laughing* ...Once that beastie slayed my Fire Elemental I thought I was done for!

Calum Aers: [Party] The way I figure it, we've stopped it for now...*leans heavily on shield*... we're going to have to deal with far more than the Hag in the future though.

Roland Senders: [Party] **staggers backwards and leans on the rocks**

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] *hopping up and down and dancing* Hoah Diggaty...you all really saved me hide! *calms himself* …One question though...*pauses* …How did you know to come?

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] The city was attacked.

Roland Senders: [Party] An old man in bright white armor sent us here to aid you.

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] *sighs in relief, then laughs again* ...Ha, Ha...the Unicorns come through in a bind! ...*claps*... well thank the gods!

Modok Valhingen: [Talk] We should talk inside, however...*staggers toward gates*

Roland Senders: [Party] After the Fist organized enough to hold their gates without our aid; we were asked to aid you.

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] *nods to Roland* ...and Aid you did

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] *puts a hand to his head, eyes shut*

Gwenevere: [Party] Iolas...you were splendid... May Torm reward you for what you did this night...

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Is everyone alright?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *eyes Bentley*

Iolas Wyndaele: [Talk] Pardon for the delay in reinforcements, Master Mirrorshade.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Then it starts...*frowns, looks toward the wood*... With Bombara dead, our goal is clear.

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] *rises, staggers to Bombara, spits on the corpse* ...See ye in the hells, …dead git.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *sits on the ground calmly*

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] well...*smiling proudly*...you all are welcomed at me Inn anytime until you start trouble

Bentley Mirrorshade: [Talk] *smiling to group* ...I once was a great adventurer like yerselfs' *smiles in memory*...defending lands, finding riches ...*sighs* ...Oh, the good life

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Arsa’s stores of healing herbs are depleted to naught. Indeed such should come as no great surprise if one reflects upon the matter: Bolnak’s horde assaults each evening in ever mounting numbers, and no one dares enter the wood to attempt to collect more herbs.

Even so, most doth seem scandalized that there should be no herbs at the very time that they are most needed and despair hangs heavy in the air of my adopted city. I have noted the clerics oft subjected to harsh words as they wend their way through the sick wards. Indeed those in the grip of ghoul fever cannot well be made to understand this state of affair and chafe that all that can be offered them are kind words and comforting touch as they sink ever more deeply into disease.

Mine heart is wrenched to see this suffering for which I can offer no relief and I have secured the service of a sea captain to convey me unto the Confederation of the Silver Marches that I might acquire supplies. Captain Vampa is a short man, but blessed with great vigor and a piercing perception. He well understands the need, and though his crew numbers much fewer than would be well secured for such a trip, he has equipped a smaller vessel he believes can be put to good use with such numbers as can be now mustered to his command.
Captain Luigi Vampa agrees to convey me to the SIlver Marches....jpg
Captain Luigi Vampa agrees to convey me to the SIlver Marches....jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
We depart on the morrow, and may my Lord Oghma and Valkur see us swiftly there and back again.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Verily I have had little success securing aid since arrival in the hamlet of Rivermoot. Indeed Captain Vampa’s oarsmen did make many offers, but I am no bucolic unfamiliar with the coarse wiles of common labourers. The sailors had little to offer and no thoughts beyond the carnal cravings of simple folk, thus I did not offer any credence or encouragement to their crude commentary.
Vampa's oarsmen.jpg
Vampa's oarsmen.jpg (54.49 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
But indeed I fared no better in Rivermoot. When I address my need to Lieutenant Pomador, commander of the legion garrison there, though courteous it was plain he thought me a common pilgrim and directed me to a hin named Marshall Kadalion. The hin seemed bent on engaging me in menial tasks better suited to warriors, and when I did attempt to demonstrate the veracity of my need by giving what service I could, the compensation was a pittance.

I found no greater encouragement in High Hold keep. The priest of the Red Knight there was courteous, but dismissive. Moreover he seemed preoccupied with some manner of mysterious plague he claimed had gripped an area called Avondale, and asked that I might render some aid that end. Indeed his descriptions of the symptoms were quite horrific, but my task is pressing and the mothers and children of Baldur’s Gate must have succour.

I cannot imagine why it surprises me to be thought a common beggar by the people of The Marches, and verily I am thankfully unknown here, but it may well be that this quest was poorly considered...I find my in competition for the ear of commoners that would likely be relegated to the servants entrance of my father’s house, with vagrants who would not be allowed past our gates. Humility is virtue I shall have to soon acquire.
A procession passed through the market....jpg
A procession passed through the market....jpg (51.25 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
When I finally did reach Silverymoon a procession of nobles was winding through the market, but as I pressed forward with the baseborn locals to seek audience, a foul-eyed man with an enormous henchman blocked my path. He claimed his name was Jack and that he did have means that I might easily fill my light purse with his guidance. But his ready smile hath no true discourse with the malevolence in his eyes, and when he claimed to be an entertainer I did suspect him a deceiver. He insisted I could be well paid for entertaining gentlemen of refinement through his good stewardship, but when I told him of my need for charitable relief for the sick in Baldur’s Gate he asked for coin. He claimed he could secure me audience with a noble house known for philanthropy, but would offer no name or address without payment.
He said he would introduce me to those who could help....jpg
He said he would introduce me to those who could help....jpg (36.14 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
Where to for it meant my last chance to champion Baldur’s Gate’s infirm, I could bare his villainous countenance no more and fled from him. But the Silver Lady did smile upon me, for as I crested the Moonbridge I saw a knight of noble carriage approaching...
Lemuel Ogdenstorm on the Moonbridge.....jpg
Lemuel Ogdenstorm on the Moonbridge.....jpg (81.23 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
His name is Lemuel Ogdenstorm, Watchknight of Helm. I stood at the crest of the Silverymoon bridge and watched him as he approached. He had the sure and purposeful gait of a powerful warrior, his amour was clearly battered from much use, but clean and well tended, and he carried the heavy plate as if it were weightless. Even before he drew near I recognized him as an impressive male who might well be able to lend hope to our cause.

He was courteous, and his clear blue eyes did reveal warmth in his soul. When I told him of our plight and the suffering of our host he offered to speak with his commander about it and discover if relief could be mustered for Baldur’s Gate’s heroes. Verily tears leapt to mine eyes at the gallantry of this excellent knight, and my heart girded against the despair that had urged me venture to the Marches.

He was not exceeding handsome, but there in Lathander’s morning greeting, atop that glittering precipice, I did find need for restraint from throwing myself into his strong arms and kissing him for his kindness. Though even as I did contemplate such wanton behavior did his commander approach from the opposite riverbank and mount the bridge to stand with us atop.

Lemuel bade me repeat the travail of Bolnak’s siege to Sir Rathalan Whitsword, but even as I did so, I could feel my words falling hollow against his stern countenance. This knight, though handsome and well mannered, did seem pitiless and distant in resolve. Almost as if he were borne of the ice capped mountains that stood behind him in the distance.
Sir Rathalan Whitsword...handsome, but cold and uncaring.jpg
Sir Rathalan Whitsword...handsome, but cold and uncaring.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
“Our duty is here in the Marches and our service bound to our Lady.” His voice devoid of emotion, “Baldur’s Gate is the responsibility of it Dukes and the Flaming Fist…”. Though he did continue with some brief elaboration, the words were then and now remain lost to me in the pain that struck at my heart in that moment.

After he left, good knight Lemuel did press one hundred coin into my hand and bade me purchase medicinal herbs as curative against the disease that was weakening our host. I thanked him and bind herein him a knight of surpassing chivalry and a friend to Baldur’s Gate.

Further inquiry revealed that his late wife Kaitlin and child were slain by gnolls and I still see the pain of that loss as an unhealed wound in his soul. Would one day that wound may be mended, for though all confirm that he is a fierce and resolute warrior, I perceived kindness and gentleness in him as well.

When the chill of the mountain winds did cause me discomfort, he offered me his cloak and braved the cold that I might abide in comfort. Verily, it was an excellent cloak and warmed more than my chilled flesh.

With Lemuel's gold I was able to secure two large sacks of curative herbs and trekked straightaway back to Rivermoot. While waiting for Captain Vampa to belabour his oarsmen into sufficient sobriety to load what freight he intended to return to Baldur's Gate I met a brethren in Oghma in Rivermoot's Angler Inn. His name was Lauril Wands, and he attended my report of the piteous state of our defenders in Baldur's Gate with great attentiveness. He has assured me he will see shipment of further supplies and what heroes may be willing to come to our aid...Praise the Binder of All Knowlege!

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Upon my return to Baldur’s Gate I was informed that a war counsel was to be held in the ducal palace...though I find such meetings of strategy difficult to bare, as warriors are want to callously discuss which formations are to be sacrificed and which might survive, I have pledged myself to Ashan’s defense and would know of these machinations despite how they savage my spirit. I again could not convince Connor to don silk or practice toward more courtly comport, though I did take some heart in that she would wear breeches and blouse of passing fair quality.

In truth, Kalana eschewed silks as well and wore hastily polished armour...so perhaps this is yet more evidence of mine own parochial and sheltered upbringing. Indeed I continue to discover that the world outside my Waterdavian home is much different than I once imagined.

Gwenevere : [Party] Shall we bath, Connor?

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Nah, I'm fine. Them prissy fops won't care none.

Gwenevere : [Party] Would you like a dress, dear? ... *pulls out some silk*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] I got pantaloons.

Gwenevere : [Party] *looks sceptically at breeches, frowns*... Are you certain?

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Ye bet yer bottom.

Gwenevere : [Party] I've some...well...another suit... *pulls out a squire's garb*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Nah, I'm fine... No need to fuss o'er me.

Gwenevere : [Party] Very well, dear...*folds dress clothing back into pack neatly with a frown of apparent resignation*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Ha!... Yeh right!... Good luck gettin' me to wear that. I'll fight ye every inch of it... *Sets her axe down and slowly takes off her bloody breast plate.*

Gwenevere : [Party] Kalana... Would you like a dress, dear?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *shakes her head* I'm not clean enough to warrant a dress...this will have to do...*scrubs amour with a cloth*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Sits down in the grass underneath the lamp post. She wipes grim on her shirt.*</I>

Gwenevere : [Party] I must hurry then...*rushes away into baths*... Or else my hair won't be dry

At the palace Ashan, Kalana, and most especially Roland were outspoken in strategic discourse, and I bind herein mine notes of this counsel:

Roland Senders: [Party] Allina's Guild of Heros will be here shortly, they have just returned from seeking Bolnak's Cabin and are tending to thier dead after an encounter with Bolnak's Hoards.

Roland Senders: [Party] I myself am not a member of this Hero's Guild, I am Roland Senders monk of the Old Order and I have been working with Allina's Guild to defeat Bolnak.

Roland Senders: [Party] I would like to attend this meeting as a representative of the Old Order who is willing to help defend this city from Bolnak the Hag.

Roland Senders: [Party] **nods respectfully and proceeds inside**

Ashan Faewind: [Party] I am Ashan Faewind... devote to the Goddess of Magic.

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *looks to his paper* well my friend, I apologize...no Order of the Flame on this paper

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] This medal was given to me by the dukes.

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *looks to medal* So you are allied with the Heroe's Guild then? Only the Heroes have been given that

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] I am not aware of any Heroe's guilds... that are formed yet but yes I know most of the people that are trying to form it.

Gwenevere: [Talk] Ashan is indeed a hero...*spoken firmly, steps to his side*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Oy! Am I late? ...*rounds palace buttress at a trot*

Gwenevere: [Talk] As are these two brave ladies ...*motions to Kalan and Conner*

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *sighs* you are allied with the Heroe's guild and are part of defending the city?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *glances to the others and their clean garb, feeling a bit out of place*

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *nods* And your name?

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Who, me?

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] Alright, you can say it that way. I am Ashan Faewind.

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *shakes head no to Conner then looks to Ashan and writes down his name* go ahead then

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <I>*Rubs sweat from her forehead.*</i>

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *looks foward* who is next civilians?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] I am.

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *nods* Name...and faction?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Kalana Du'Monte, sister to Allina and a squire of the knights of the Eternal Order.

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *nods slowly*... Ahh, very well...please enter

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *nods slowly* ...My thanks, good sir.

Flaming Fist Mercenary Guard: [Talk] *guards eye the characters weapons*

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] Next please ...*clears throat*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Has a giant greataxe strapped to her back.*</i>

Gwenevere: [Talk] *smiles*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Aww shut it Gwen. Go on then, give the idjit yer name.

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *looks back to the guard* would you prefer we disarm ourselves first?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *takes Connor's arm, looks at guard* ...This brave hero is Connor Brightwood

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Gah! ...I'll announce meself! Thank ye very much.

Conner Brightwood: [Party] I am Connie "Demon-slayer, champion of hells an th'high heavens, once stabbed a kobold fer lookin' at me wrongly." Brightwood.

Gwenevere: [Talk] She is as fierce as she is plain spoken ...*smiles apologetically*...And a credit to our guild

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] Are both of you ladies Allies to the Heroe's Guild as well?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *gently pushes Connor forward, nods firmly*...Indeed ... And I am
Gwen...healer of Oghma ...*smiles, curtsies*

Fist Record Keeper: [Talk] *nods slowly and writes down their introduced names* Very well...enter with the respect and representation of your Guild

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *glances to Ashan and speaks softly* we are going to have to speak later on this 'guild'

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *nods once faintly to Kalana*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Cummon' Gwen!... There's bound to be food! <i>*Pulls on
her.*</i>

Gwenevere: [Talk] *smiles and is led forward*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *steps in there lightly and slowly, watching the halls with curiosity*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] I'm a mess...*frowns down at herself*...What are they going to think?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *peers into the hall, with notable curiosity

Gwenevere: [Talk] *pulls out a squire's outfit, motions to side room*... I can shut the door while you change, dear

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *shakes her head* ... I doubt it would improve much... *waves off the outfit, shaking her head*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] *Pushes people aside.*... If yer a Duke, ye damned well have a decent rack of lamb. Ain't none excuse fer it elsewise!... Outta me way ye beady-eyed tin-'eads!! ... *pushes past guards, then licks her lips and looks around, rubbing her hands together*
The Duke's hold a war counsel to discuss strategy for a final assault on Bolnak....jpg
The Duke's hold a war counsel to discuss strategy for a final assault on Bolnak....jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
Duke Eltan: [Talk] *blinks a few times while looking at Conner*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *eyes woman with the wings and arches his eyebrow faintly and discreetly*

Roland Senders: [Party] **lowers himself to a knee and then lowers his head** Roland Senders monk of the Old Order and companion to Allina's Hero Guild.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *cursties deeply, beeming*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *eyes duke and bows his chin in respect* ... I would be Ashan Faewind, devote to the Goddess of Magic and one to aid this city for some time now.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *lifts his chin up faintly*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] <I>*Scratches her backside and looks around the palace before resting her eyes on the Duke.*... Me pa be proud of this, I figure.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] well, my friends...*motions to seats while examining Conner* ...please take seats

Duke Eltan: [Talk] guards...please ...keep an eye out outside

DM BRM: [Talk] ((the guards walk out))

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] We're gunna sit along side o' ye like them folk 'er. . . do we gotta. ..

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Kalana Du'Monte....a pleasure to meet you, your grace. *nods and rises slowly*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *glances at the woman with the wings discreetly again, with faint fascination*

Gwenevere: [Talk] *curtsies* Gwenevere...healer of Ogmha, your grace

Roland Senders: [Party] **slowly raises from his knee**

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] *sits down*

Conner Brightwood: [Talk] Oy! Yer grace... *Looks completely unsure of herself.*...Where does we sit?

Duke Eltan: [Talk] wherever you see fit...I’m closing the doors now

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Wrinkles her brow.*</i> Uh, right is.

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *whispers* ...They told us to take a seat.

Roland Senders: [Party] **slowly looks over the faces of everyone in the room**

Gwenevere: [Talk] *blushes a bit*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Whispers to Gwen.*</i> Do we gotta sit in a line like them bleedin' bufoons?

Gwenevere: [Talk] *whispers, pleading tone* ...Connor..stay close, please!

Roland Senders: [Party] **takes a seat on the last stool**

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Takes the seat from the fireplace and drags it along the ground.*</i> ...I got an extree if any of ye wannit.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *eyes follow Connor briefly, then turns to address the room with
noble voice* ...Now my friends and allies

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Shrugs to herself and sits down in the chair.*</i>

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *eyes Duke, curiously*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] allow me to ...*raised voice*... First begin by giving my gratitude for your appearance

Duke Eltan: [Talk] We have, as you all know....been sorely tested within these last months

Conner Brightwood: [Party] If ye mean by tested ye mean got the shyte handed to ye fastly, ...Oy, aye!.... Ye did.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *frowns faintly, continues with firm tone*... And I wish not for the issues with guarding the city within these dark times to revert back to the chaos that was the Jolene Conflict

Gwenevere : [Party] *looks at Connor, moves finger to lips subtly*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Conner*... My dear...please. One more outburst and you will be escorted out... This is for constructive tactics and debate only

Roland Senders: [Party] **quietly scans the faces of all those gathered as the Duke speaks**

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Whispers.*</I>... bah

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to group* ...now...I’ve gathered the finest to share Intelligence and speak with each other about the current conflict with the Hag. I wish to speak about the issue and give separate factions the opportunity to state their case, ideas and hopes

Gwenevere : [Party] *smiles apologetically* ...We are honoured, your grace, We have been in sore need of counsel

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *smiles* thank you my dear

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <I>*Tilts her chair back allowing her hands to drape lazily at her side. She stares up at the ceiling looking thoroughly bored.*</i>

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *scans the room once again quietly and whispers to himself* ...Of all present... just Zendor is missing... hmm.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Ashan with curious face*

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *notices duke's gaze and nods to him once faintly

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Nods.*</i>

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *remains listening in quiet

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Nods once more.*</i>

Duke Eltan: [Talk] now...as we all know Bolnak has been getting quite aggressive

Gwenevere : [Party] *looks from Ashan to the Duke, smiles*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Nods once more again.*</i>

Duke Eltan: [Talk] We need to address what exactly we are all viewing

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Head banks back and nods off to sleep.*</i>

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Gwen with a soft smile*...My dear...care to tell us what the Heroes see?

Gwenevere : [Party] The hag...by means of a red magic fog... Seems to be able to summon forth huge hordes of her abominations... And deploy them at will

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] *glances over at Gwen*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks interested/serious face*

Javalar Roaringhorn : [Talk] *worried eyes*

Gwenevere : [Party] She sends out goblins, we think... With a warg as her spy... To steal away children... Which she mutilates and then sacrifices to fuel her fiendish magics

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *board expression*

Besolan: [Talk] *surprised face*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] If I may, your grace...her servant, the stone giant said that the duchy was hiding something from her?

Gwenevere : [Party] Yes...and then there is that ...*smile wavers momentarily, curtsies*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *rubs bearded chin* ...Stone Giant?

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Snores softly.*</I>

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] Her... messenger... ambassador ...*adds briefly*...Bombara the Gargoyle.

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] I cannot recall the name...however, when the siege was extended to the Freindly Arms... He preceded the zombies and said the duchy was hiding something.

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] *looks to the Duke* Sir...the creature known as Bombara was a Gargoyle

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] who assisted Bolnak after her sisters, his former masters, were slain

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *worn eyes* ...hmm

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] Yes ,Duke Eltan...we’ve recorded its life force as of late as gone however...*puts fingers together* ...it most likely has been destroyed some how

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] It was destroyed at the Friendly Arms inn, by our group, ...aye.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *nods slowly/rough voice* very good

Ashan Faewind: [Talk] If I may add, my lord... *eyes duke*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *nods to Ashan* you may take the floor

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *stands up slowly and nods once respectfully*...You asked for our views, my lord... *folds his hands behind absently*...I see these dark times as the case of the broken balance. It was greatly wounded by Jolene and then it was direly widened by the undead Striga Fura.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] The coming of Bolnak seems to be the price paid ....as greater evils are born when order crumbles like that.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] In light of all recent events... I believe, and I suspect all my companions do as well, that Bolnak must perish.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] With so many children taken, war declared, and Bombara dead,...I see no other solution.

Gwenevere: [Talk] *softly* ...Indeed

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *slithers a smile on her face*

Javalar Roaringhorn : [Talk] *nods to Ashan*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] In the past, I was searching for different solution but those seem to be obsolete now.

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] *blinks a few times*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Snores heavily.*</I>

Ashan Faewind: [Party] That is all...*takes a seat*

Roland Senders: [Party] **remains silent watching the faces of the gathered**

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *adds briefly* Of course I am more than willing to listen the thoughts of others... as I fear this whole matter is far above my wisdom and my abilities.

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] She needs to be judged for the dead she has animated and the children she has taken from the city...*firmly*

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] *tilts head to Allina*

Sir Menkart: [Talk] *raises a brow*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Yawns and blinks. She stretches her arms out.*</i> Oy! Wassa racket?

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Kalana*...take the floor now?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] I will, your grace.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *nods* Very well, my lady

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <I>*Rubs her eyes and rolls to her side.*</i>

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] We are all aware that Bolnak needs to be stopped...however, her cabin is hidden within the forests and is difficult to reach through the hordes she has built up.

Besolan: [Talk] *smiles*...Ahh...good to see someone thinking as i am

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] What I might suggest is that when the time comes to attack her, we employ the use of a decoy to divert her forces away from guarding the forests around her home.

Conner Brightwood: [Talk]
<color=cyan>DMFI Dice Roll for: Wisdom Mod: -1 TOTAL: 7</color>

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Giving the group that presses forward time to challenge her directly and rescue the children.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *nods* yes...let us talk of the Assault now that we’ve voiced our concerns

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Commander Riley...take the floor... *voice of command*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Rubs her eyes and looks around.*</i> Whatche blitherin' about?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Given some preparation, I believe that powerful enough magical illusions could...*pauses, then sits down*

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] *looks to group* Yes...*bows head to Kalana*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *coughs* ...sorry.

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] Our Lady here brings up a good point

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <I>*Gets up from the chair and scratches her head... looks around wearily.*</i>

Roland Senders: [Party] **continues to sit silently watching the meeting unfold**

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] Thanks to the Thayans and the Wizard's Guild...we have finally formed a general idea as to where Bolnak is keeping her horde of undead and children prisoners

Conner Brightwood: [Party] <i>*Wanders off.*</i>

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *sighs, motions toward Connor, speaks softly* ...Golem

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *raises a hand toward Commander Riley*...hold your thought Commander

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *glances over the shoulder at Conner

Gwenevere : [Party] *hisses with alarm*... Connor!

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Wheresa kitchen?
Connor became restless, and was ejected from the meeting by the Duke's construct....jpg
Connor became restless, and was ejected from the meeting by the Duke's construct....jpg (12.22 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
Construct: [Talk] *grabs Conner by the shoulder* ((STR check))

Conner Brightwood: [Party] What! Damnit! Gah! Hells!

Conner Brightwood: [Talk]
<color=cyan>DMFI Dice Roll for: Strength Mod: 3 TOTAL: 10</color>

Construct: [Talk] *grabs Conner and escorts her out the doors of the palace*

Conner Brightwood: [Party] Get offa me ye toad faced goon!

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *fixes his gaze in front, expression faintly amused*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *blinks* ...Oh, golem is leading her out... hmm. *amused expression fades*

Gwenevere : [Party] *blinks in alarm, looks to Ashan*... It won't hurt her, will it?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] I do not think so... *quietly*

Gwenevere : [Party] Not overmuch, I beg you, your grace...*turns to Duke Eltan, pleading voice*... She is...*pauses*...simple...but not wicked

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] She means no harm, she is just eager to help stop Bolnak ...*apologetically*

Gwenevere : [Party] Yes...indeed so, your grace....

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *moves his discreet, idle, but studious gaze briefly to direction of woman with the wings*

Gwenevere : [Party] My apologies ... *frowns, curtsies*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *eyes the Golem*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Now...let me say that I expected etiquette to be observed

Duke Eltan: [Talk] however...it seems I need to give warning

Conner Brightwood: [Party] *loud voice from beyond the closing palace gates*...Oy! Ye bleedin' ungrateful idjits!! ...*Yells and shakes her fist at the flaming Fist Guard.* ...Issat how ye repay me, eh?! Keep em hungry an tired than toss em out by some lunky metal goon?! ...*Storms off.*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] I expect politeness and respect...*motions to Commander Riley*...continue commander ...*rubs his forehead*

Gwenevere : [Party] Certainly, as is your grace's due...*curtsies, brow knitted in apparent distress*

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] As I was saying ...*military jargon voice* ...We have a general idea where Bolnak is

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] Her forces reside in the Sharptooth forest just East of the Coast Trade Way Road

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *nods once faintly. All his attention focused at commander*

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] now...we've dispatched a Unit of Rain Dogs... *pauses* ...Special Tactics Forces

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] and a few Units of Flaming Fist Soldiers

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] The trip itself should be a week and then scouting around the designated areas should be a few more days

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] however...we feel that so long as our navigations stays on target to the plan...we should have our forces in striking range within a week to two weeks

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] we have men armed with all the blessed water and equipment we could muster ... and should have combat with the undead and victory before the month is through ...*bows head* ...my thanks, Duke Eltan, for your indulgence

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *nods once*... my thanks Commander Riley

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Now ...*looks to table*... with that being said...we will need the
rest of you defenders to do your part

Duke Eltan: [Talk] and perhaps a bit more ...*looks to Menkart* ...Sir Menkart

Roland Senders: [Party] **continues to quietly observe**

Sir Menkart: [Talk] *bows head*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *follows Duke's gaze to Menkart and faintly narrows his own*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] your forces will be needed to make sure the undead are not secretly breaching the city ...I will need your Fraternity to keep aware

Sir Menkart: [Talk] *bows head* Our lives for duty

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Javalar* ...Lord Javalar...your Knights will be needed for two issues

Duke Eltan: [Talk] keeping the Friendly Arms Inn safe ...as i know you have good relations with innkeep Bentley

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *eyes Javalar with notable curiosity*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] and...to help assist the circle in keeping spies from the streets

Javalar Roaringhorn : [Talk] *polite tone* ...Of course, my Lord

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Commander Riley...make sure that operations and public relations are running smoothly ...and give me all updates on the pressing attack

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] *dips head* ...yes, sir

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Apprentice Fein...

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *his gaze shifts to Fein*

Apprentice Fe'in: [Talk] *combs hair out of face and smiles reluctantly*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Tell your Head Master I will need him to continue that which we spoke of

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] If I may...I have an idea that may prove to be of help to the soldiers you already have in the field..

Apprentice Fe'in: [Talk] of course Duke ...*pauses* MY Duke

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *turns to Kalana*...Speak then my Lady

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *nods slowly* I was going to suggest that if there is a suitable amount of magical ability at the command of the city, illusions could be employed to draw the horde aside and target the wrong being.

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *sighs with frustration* ...Ellaborate, Lady Du'Monte

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party]... Something similar to standing in a house of mirrors, they would be covered with mirages.

Red Wizard: [Talk] *holds hand to face, faking the hiding of his smile*

Gwenevere : [Party] *seems surprised*...Do undead use their eyes?

Thayan Knight: [Talk] *grins*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] Some undead are intelligent...especially a ghoul.

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] my Lady...*false smile*... I had no idea you dabbled in magic...What type of illusion would you like?

Gwenevere : [Party] Ahhh..*pulls out journal, takes some notes*

Besolan: [Talk] *looks to Thayan* ...please...let her speak

Varkayis: [Talk] agreed

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] I don't, however...if these 'mirages' are created and employed...it could well increase the chances of the men surviving by distracting the enemy.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *is looking at Kalana calmly*

Varkayis: [Talk] I think I could muster something my lady. Perhaps some fake units of Fists?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *looks over at Varkayis*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *nods* ...something like that....a target for them to run after.

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *laughs* ...you think that Bolnak...Queen of the Hags will not see through this?

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] I have no doubt she will, but this is not for the hag.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *eyes red wizard, thoughtfully*

Varkayis: [Talk] It at least stands some chance of working

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] It is to move her minions out of the way.

Varkayis: [Talk] and keeping her eye off of the units coming in to attack

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] If you cannot go through an army...*shrugs*... go around.

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] If that isn't possible, find a way to move them.

Javalar Roaringhorn : [Talk] if we can spare the magic ...*clears throat* ...I say we should at least try

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Varkayis*...Have you the resources?

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] We will nay waste our time with such a foolish idea...*waves a hand dismissively*

Varkayis: [Talk] *defiant tone* ...BUT I shall...*looks to the Duke*... yes my lord...I can muster something up

Duke Eltan: [Talk] So be it...*nods*...create the diversion

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Now...let us continue

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *nods*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Thayans...I will need you to help repel the Red Fog invasions...as well as creating proper wards for the city... you may work with the local churches for divine aid if need be

Gwenevere : [Party] Your graces, if I may...there is another question we have been struggling with...

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *slithers a smile* such will not be necessary, my Lord...we have our means

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Very well...now...that leaves the High Forest Elves and the Baldurian Heroe's Guild

Duke Eltan: [Talk] I shall need you both to patrol areas under heavy attack

Duke Eltan: [Talk] mostly the gate areas that lead south between the Cloakwood and Sharptooth Forest ... You will be our Strike Forces

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *glances to the others, then looks back to the duke with a nod* ...We shall do what we can.

Besolan: [Talk] *bows head* The Elves are happy to aid...we also would like to say that if we have the opportunity...we may attempt to reverse Bolnak’s mists and anchor the portal...or go through it ourselves

Roland Senders: [Party] **slowly stands**

Gwenevere : [Party] Indeed...we have another question for the assembled, your grace...if it please you ... *curtsies*

Roland Senders: [Party] **looks down the line of guests to the Duke**

Besolan: [Talk] *looks to Varkayis* Correct Varkayis *thick elven accent*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Gwen, gestures* Proceed, my lady

Gwenevere : [Party] If we, by chance, do encounter the hag... Has anyone here knowledge of how such a vile creature may be injured?

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *gives a ruby red lipped smile*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *considers* ...Cold iron?

Apprentice Fe'in: [Talk] *nods* ...she will most likely have defences, however, she is vulnerable to normal attacks

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Enchanted cold iron that is...?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] *eyes Fe'in and falls into silence

Varkayis: [Talk] Hags are deadly in combat when cornered however...so keep distance

Gwenevere : [Party] That is, indeed, heartening to hear, good Fein ... *smiles, curtsies*

Varkayis: [Talk] I’d advise doing what has kept the elves successful...Ranged Combat

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Now ...*clears throat* ...to answer the Elves words

Duke Eltan: [Talk] If you feel that you have opportunity to somehow manipulate the mists, I would not ask you to sacrifice yourself for the cause, but would also applaud such bravery

Besolan: [Talk] *bows head softly* ...of course Duke Eltan

Roland Senders: [Party] Duke Eltan.....may I address the gathered for a moment?

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *nods to group, then Roland* ...But of course ...

Roland Senders: [Party] **looks over everyone gathered**

Roland Senders: [Party] I understand that the best of the Flaming Fist intend to attack the undead and to defeat Bolnak within a month....

Roland Senders: [Party] From what I have witnessed of her forces her undead consist mainly of shambling hordes of zombies and fast running skeletons....

Roland Senders: [Party] Her army is already comprised mainly of dead defenders of Baldur's Gate, I believe fighting them by traditional means will only swell her forces....for with every warrior who falls she has a new corpse to animate.

Gwenevere : [Party] *starts to speak, then seems to stop herself*

Roland Senders: [Party] I strongly suggest that whatever strike team is sent to defeat
Bolnak do their best to evade all undead they can, when they must fight them use throwing axes and slings to defeat the foe....have wizards in the ranks reserve their spells only for undead immune to normal weapons.....

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] While that is true...animating the dead takes a considerable amount of time...time she will not have if she is being attacked.

Roland Senders: [Party] To fight her forces like they were a normal army would be to smash our good hands against hard stone, it would be best if we flowed around them to strike directly at the Hag, ...and in time clean up her minions.....

Besolan: [Talk] *nods to Rolands words*

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *rolls eyes*

Javalar Roaringhorn : [Talk] *rubs chin*

Sir Menkart: [Talk] *nods a few times*

Roland Senders: [Party] As for illusions....I fear that such would be wasted against the Hag's forces and I believe that we should use real soldiers coming from multiple directions to confuse and divide her defences.....

Roland Senders: [Party] If this Hag is as capable of scrying as I have been told, I do not believe illusions will work until we have found a means to blind her from her ability to use magic to gather intelligence.

Gwenevere : [Party] *eyes widen as she looks over at Roland*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] What of the others under her control? I have heard tell of giants under her sway, as well as others... It is worth an attempt.

Roland Senders: [Party] I do not know how we could prevent her from scrying, but I believe our magical resources that can be spared be used to find a means to blind her.

Roland Senders: [Party] **nods respectfully to the gathered and returns to his seat**

Duke Eltan: [Talk] A note worthy speech ...*nods*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Now...as far as scrying... *looks to Apprentice Fein* ...we are battling her eyes

Duke Eltan: [Talk] She still has powerful abilities, but they are being tested

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Our Thayans here ...*nods to them*

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *bows head, overly polite* My Liege

Duke Eltan: [Talk] will be our opened hand of magic ...adjusting their abilities to what is needed

Duke Eltan: [Talk] as for Varkayis...from what Intelligence I have

Duke Eltan: [Talk] I would say if you CAN spare the blanket of illusion ...do so ...though I agree it may be a waste...keeping Bolnak curious is key

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Even if she laughs with arrogance at our attempts...it steals her time

Varkayis: [Talk] I will do so, Duke

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Now...*motions expansively*...everyone has an idea of what is at stake here

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Let us focus on our goals and make these next few weeks count

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Agreed? *demanding voice*

Flaming Fists Special Tactics Commander Riley: [Talk] agreed

Gwenevere: [Talk] *smiles, curtsies*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *nods in agreement*...Aye

Sir Menkart: [Talk] Yes Duke

Ashan Faewind: [Party] Agreed.

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] Of course, my Liege

Javalar Roaringhorn : [Talk] My Lord, ...*nods*... of course

Ashan Faewind: [Party] However, the question mistress Kalana raised still remains... curious...

Female Red Wizard: [Talk] *eyes Ashan with sceptical face*

Ashan Faewind: [Party] ...what did her messenger meant by “no more secrets from the dukes.”?

Red Wizard: [Talk] *shakes head*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] *looks to Ashan for a few moments*

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Worry not, hero... Your questions border distrust in the Dukes

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Put your faith in us...it means nothing to the cause

Duke Eltan: [Talk] now...any other questions?

Ashan Faewind: [Party] I understand. I mean no distrust of course.

Ashan Faewind: [Party] And if that was her hope... she didn't achieve much with it.

Duke Eltan: [Talk] Then by the Gods...Let us meet next in Victory!

Duke Eltan: [Talk] All who aid will nay be forgotten... Dismissed

Gwenevere : [Party] *turns to the others*...I had better find Connor ... I'm sure she is quite incensed at this point...*looks concerned*

Kalana Du'Monte: [Party] *nods*...Probably the inn...*faintly disdainful*... drinking then.

Gwenevere : [Party] *nods, smiles* ...Likely beating the bard for a sour note ...*giggles, hurries out*

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

I came upon  a great number of Flaming Fist dead....jpg
I came upon a great number of Flaming Fist dead....jpg (39.86 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
Just north of the Friendly Arm I found many dead Flaming Fist warriors strewn about the roadway, and as I looked across the bridge I did see the source of the conflict. Bolnak’s red mists did foul the glen beyond the bridge and a great host of her undead creations milled about under the apparent direction of an undead giant. The blood in mine veins did run cold at the sight and verily I could muster the will to do little else but hide myself in the brush, crouching in fear.
In the face of such numbers, I could do not but hide....jpg
In the face of such numbers, I could do not but hide....jpg (53.05 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
It seems that without the company of heroes I am but a quaking, fearful maiden unable to muster the will distinguish myself in heroic enterprise. Verily, as the filth drew near I found myself creeping further into the brush in fear and did contemplate flight, but then I did see Ashan emerge from the mists and charge the fell horde, shield forward and sword sweeping in mighty arcs of destructive power. My spirit soared at his gallant example, and I took up my shield and mace and rushed to his aid.

Within moments more heroes emerged from the mists and battle was enjoined in desperate endeavour, for many were sorely wounded and seemed to be hardly able to raise shield or arms in defence. I saw brave Modok felled, followed quickly to the sodden earth by fierce Kalana. By Oghma’s grace I was able to succour each before they were lost to this world, and by and anon our heroic host did beat back the undead horde and gain some small reprieve.

I did not see when he arrived, being overwrought with the sustenance of my heroes, but when I looked up from mending Kalana and helping her regain her feet, I was surprised to see the same white and dark haired ruffian I had seen in the company of the beautiful Lotus of the Marches many weeks past. He seemed even larger and more powerful of carriage than when I met him at the river outside of Silverymoon, though in truth, so enraptured was I by the exquisite Lotus that I did not well attend him as he crouched greedily over his sup until his cruel words did break in upon my preoccupation.

He now wore metal armour of pale blue and black, and his skin was clearly an inhuman hue of darkened grey. From his forehead emerged horns, revealing an infusion of devil blood. I did find this intriguing, but the press of the moment bade me attend my host and subsume my questions for a later time.

It soon became clear that my heroes, Ashan, Roland, Kalana, Ferox, Modok, and Thorvald had been battling Bolnak’s army within the Wood of Sharp Teeth and it was my good fortune to have found them as they were pressed back to the roadside. Some discussion ensued as to whether any hope of success awaited our rejoining the fight within the Wood of Sharp Teeth, but Roland and Kalana’s bold counsel of perseverance prevailed, and in truth, I could see that a fire was kindled in Ashan’s spirit and he was easily persuaded to lead us once again into the ochre mist.
The undead did seem to emerge from the mist on all sides....jpg
The undead did seem to emerge from the mist on all sides....jpg (84.11 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
Though we did attempt a stealthy advance upon Bolnak’s hold, the battle was fierce and many times our gallant host withered in injury beneath the onslaught of her foul forces. Verily the whole of the forest seemed mounded and choked with the grisly remains of battle that had been engaged for some weeks. Fallen heroes of Baldur’s Gate and the Flaming Fist littered the trampled muck of the forest, mixed in indignant disarray with the smashed and putrid remains of Bolnak’s vile animations.

As we eventually drew near her cabin, and our host, bleeding beyond my waning strength to mend and sustain, did contemplate retreat, I was amazed and bolstered by Ferox’s bold words and demeanour. In loud and to some indiscrete vocalizations he did announce to all the wood our intention to find Bolnak and end her reign of terror: “We come for you vile b*tch! Your end draws near!”
Morale sagged, but was rekindled....jpg
Morale sagged, but was rekindled....jpg (24.44 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
Though his loud declaration did reveal our location and purpose to yet more of her fell forces, we succeeded in smashing them back to the earth and all did know there could be no retreat from our task. We surged forward and burst the armoured animation that guarded her door into shards, and attained her keep.

Below we found her, pacing the very dungeon keep from whence we had rescued her captive children so many weeks earlier, guarded by an orc as large as any giant I have seen. In reckless valour our heroes surged forward as one and cut the beast down in a cascade of fierce blows. And then we had her…trapped in her own torture chamber, with no means of escape except through our host.
The hideous visage of Bolnak was not her greatest weapon, but numbered among them....jpg
The hideous visage of Bolnak was not her greatest weapon, but numbered among them....jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
She paced about, the veritable embodiment of gruesome villainy, a glittering staff raised in her bony fingers as if she thought we might be repulsed by her hideous visage, but though I could see our heroes were sorely wounded and their physical strength did seep away steadily with their blood from the innumerable wounds we had sustained in achieving that moment, I felt no weakening in our resolve, and in moments all were upon her, hacking at her revolting person with every last vestige of purpose and effort that could be summoned.
Heroes battling with the foul hag Bolnak....jpg
Heroes battling with the foul hag Bolnak....jpg (16.64 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
Fire and lightning bolt leapt from her staff and clawed fingers to devastating effect, and one by one our host did succumb beyond my waning ability to sustain, until in my weakness I lost consciousness myself. The last image I did see was of Ashan and the tiefling I did now know as Xujja striking fierce and resounding blows upon her even as they staggered from injury and fatigue.

I cannot bind hear how long the battle continued, as mine eyes had failed me, but by the grace of my patron I did regain the strength to rise again and tend to our fallen host. Xujja and Ashan did remain, however, and stood over the broken body of Bolnak in bloody triumph, though in truth each did seem hardly able to stand and did lean on their swords for support.

I was able to rekindle some life in each of our heroes except one…and verily my failure continues to crush at my spirit even now, for it was Roland. Perhaps the one most responsible for our success in attaining that moment of victory, he lay broken beyond my ability to mend. It is cruel irony that he, ever our most valiant scout and persistent source of successful endeavour, was the price of our triumph. And verily, I tremble in fear that godless, he may now lie bound in eternal suffering within the Wall of the Damned.
Tending to the fallen hero Roland Senders.jpg
Tending to the fallen hero Roland Senders.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
I summoned what remaining will I had and blessed his broken form as Ashan and Kalana did share in grief over him, and then rose to do what had yet to be done. I took a dagger from Ashan's belt and cut out Bolnak’s vile heart. I then did commit it to fiery destruction in a brazier that burned nearby. But lo, even as I attempted to dance in honour of our moment of victory, a heavy blow fell upon my head and blackness again engulfed me.
Preparing to cut the heart out of Bolnak.jpg
Preparing to cut the heart out of Bolnak.jpg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
It was only later, after Ashan did carry me to the safety of the Friendly Arm Inn that I regained consciousness to learn that Xujja, angered at my craft, had struck me down in reprisal for perceived affront.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

I found him in the Helm and Cloak and verily...his malevolence was frightening....jpg
I found him in the Helm and Cloak and verily...his malevolence was frightening....jpg (33.23 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
I found him in the Helm and Cloak Inn, and verily my legs did buckle beneath the malice that struck out from his black eyes when he saw me approach. But he was a hero of Baldur’s gate, and I was firm in my resolve to somehow mend the rift my actions had caused. I knelt in supplication at his feet and begged his forgiveness for my offense.

“It is not my Lady’s pleasure to forgive, whore…” the malevolence in his voice brought faintness to my mind, and I do not recall what I did respond, if, in fact, I managed to reply at all.

After several long moments, I heard his armour scrape in movement, and braced for a blow I thought surely to follow swiftly, but instead he said, more softly, but yet with malevolence unabated; “If you wish to be forgiven, there is a way…Come!”

He strode out the Inn door, and I followed, my fright only increasing as he strode out the East Gate. “Will he lead me into the wood and violate me?” I did wonder…”or perhaps simply slay me straightaway and have done with me?”.

He stopped at the mid-point of the bridge and leaned against the rail, gazing below at the rushing water as it coursed past the pilings. I approached cautiously, and as I drew near he turned and said simply, “Give me that journal I see you so often scribbling in”

In that moment I was perhaps benumbed in fear, and had no inkling of why he did make such a strange request. He certainly did not seem a scholar, so I’m certain I could not imagine what his interest might have been. But reflection upon the why of it is pointless, and likely I attempt only to forestall binding the event, for at the time I recall no reflection on my part, only a reluctance quickly overcome by the demand in his glare. I knelt and offered it forth to him, and he snatched it from my hands promptly.

I kept my head bowed, but could hear him flipping through the pages in rapid succession, until there was a brief pause, and then the sound of parchment tearing set my spine alight with stabbing pain. I looked up just in time to see him toss my journal over the railing and heard it splash heavily into the roiling current below. The breath leapt from my lungs and I nearly fainted as my heart seemed ripped from my chest. Through tear filled eyes I could just follow the blurred movements of his hand as he rolled a piece of my parchment, bound it with a sinew, and then slipped it into his pack.

I tried to speak, but could utter nothing as he strode forward and grabbed up a fist full of my hair. I felt myself being dragged back within the keep and over the cobbled streets of Baldur’s Gate. I was stricken dumb and seemingly paralyzed by the pain of the cruel blow he had so deftly struck my soul, when I found myself roughly deposited beneath the glaring countenance of Auril’s shrine in the main ducal square. “Kneel here and beg My Lady’s forgiveness until sunrise”, he said, “Do not think to rise until then, or I will know”.

I heard his heavy tread stride away with purpose, but I did not look up, or turn away from the feet of Auril until I could feel Lathander’s warmth by and anon infuse me with the strength to rise and flee to the docks. I gave Captain Luigi Vampa my fare and boarded the ship even as the sails were being unfurled. I did not inquire as to where we were bound, but took sustenance in the knowledge that it would doubtless be beyond the reach of the tiefling Xujja of White Pines.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Captain Vampa’s oarsmen were not so crudely lecherous as they had been on my last voyage. Indeed my obvious distress must have touched some vestige of gallantry within each, for they allowed me to sit unmolested on the stoop in the stern and troubled me not.

Captain Vampa wordlessly delivered unto me an un-used logbook. When I looked up at him he turned from me and would not look upon me, but in that fleeting moment that our eyes met I saw immense sadness in him and saw clearly that he knew of my shame...a cleric stripped of her vocation.
It feels as if my soul has been rent from my breast....jpg
It feels as if my soul has been rent from my breast....jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
Verily I might well have been a hideous sight to behold, for it has been three days and I cannot take my rest or even attend well to my personal hygiene. It is as if my soul had been ripped from my breast and I am but an empty shell left to rot beneath these gunnels.

How could I allow such transgression of my person to go unopposed? Surely any person, man or maiden, would not countenance such violation without striking back with whatever force was at their disposal...yet I did nothing but weep and whimper.

I can fight...I have slain many in defense of my heroes. But in defense of myself I am helpless, it seems. Surely I could not likely have bested the devil, no warrior fears my feeble blows, and to such a one as Xujja I should hardly hope that my best effort would pose more than passing annoyance to him...but why could I not even muster the will to attempt to strike at him?

If I have allowed such ravaging to pass unprotested, does not my dignity turn from me as well as my patron?

Truly I should have died in defense of my journal, my life’s service to Oghma, ...what is left to me without it?

I dare not pray and confirm My Lord has abandoned me to my frailty. It seems my life is a travesty of failure...I allowed my virtue and the love of my parents to be stripped from me, then my child, and now my god’s service.

What is left that I may lose? I am a ravaged husk...and in my weakness have become so without protest or injury to any of those who have defiled me.

Perhaps it is just that one so weak be misused thusly.

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

On the fourth day of my journey with Captain Vampa and his surly oarsmen sleep did finally visit me...if sleep it truly was. I cannot be certain for I was seized by grotesque visions of such horrific proportion that I must hope they were merely nightmare and not visions of greater portent.
I was again in the Misty Forest searching for Fiona....jpg
I was again in the Misty Forest searching for Fiona....jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
I was searching the Misty Forest again for Fiona...but great beasts were all about. The sound of their gnashing and rending propelled me forward, ever deeper into the wood. I despaired that I might never find her for fear that they would overtake me should I slow in flight from them and search with diligence.

But then Asio returned to me. He was no longer the gypsy boy I once knew and loved, but a gallant knight in fine courtly livery. His hair no longer the wild flowing locked I once twined, but trimmed in gentlemanly fashion. He came unto me with hand outstretched and the beasts shrank from him, melting back into the wood. I rushed to his arms and gained strength from his embrace. He had come to bare me away from my distress and to wed me at last.

I followed him hand in hand to a ferry boat, he steadied it as I boarded, and the poleman bore us unto gentle water toward the temple where we should finally be joined. As the ferry nudged to shore again I saw that I was clad in elegant silks, my hair brushed and twined in garland. But as we stepped ashore I saw there was no temple. Indeed there was no forest. We stood hand in hand on vile, blasted ground, and I realized it was Bolnak’s cavern.
I was again with Asio...but then Bolnak cackled, and wolves were there....jpg
I was again with Asio...but then Bolnak cackled, and wolves were there....jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
Turning I saw it was Bolnak who manned the ferry and not an oarsman at all. She cackled insanely as she pulled away leaving us stranded on unclean shore.

I turned back to Asio and clung to him, and then wolves were at his side, snarling and gnashing in bestial hunger...but as I looked up into my love’s face, I saw he was not Asio at all.

I found myself held tightly in the clawed grasp of a horned devil. It drew me tightly into hideous embrace, and then bound mine eyes with a soiled cloth.

“Do you not see that you love me?”, it hissed.
But then he turned into a savage horned devil, and the wolves began to howl....jpg
But then he turned into a savage horned devil, and the wolves began to howl....jpg (47.92 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
Then I was running again, fleeing in terror from pursuit of wolves though icy desolation, and though mine eyes were bound tightly I could see them closing upon me, snapping and rending at my gown as it trailed out behind me.
I fled from him blind into an icy wasteland, and the wolves gave chase....jpg
I fled from him blind into an icy wasteland, and the wolves gave chase....jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
I awoke as they pulled me to the snow and fell upon me... Vampa and his crew were staring at me as if I were a mad woman. I shall not sleep again until I attain holy ground and wise counsel. The Captain has said we are once again bound for the Silver Marches. I shall seek counsel at The Halls of Inspiration...whether there I shall be granted sustenance or condemnation, I cannot now speculate.