Marpenoth is here! (TSM info dump/planning, please add/comment))

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Marpenoth is here! (TSM info dump/planning, please add/comment))

Post by Ithildur »

(some reminders to clarify a few things)

Kythorn/Kyrie's memo:

1. This is a 3 pronged attack (if not more): the loud obvious group is one that consists of Knights in Silver, etc. Hopefully they will draw off the majority of the Enemies' attention and forces, enough that the small groups can accomplish their objectives.
There are expected to be 2 subtle groups: one that teleports to the ruins of Occidian, and one that enters through tunnels from the dwarven temple some of us 'liberated' in recent tendays. Since this is the plan that's been presented, we should aim to maximize the benefits of smaller coordinated groups.

2. Jhessi has been to the ruins of Occidian, via teleport made possible by Incinder the imp. Presumably this is going to be the method of teleportation used on the day of the attack. She presumably is the one person among us (given Gasen's fawning remarks) most familiar with the teleport route, and it would undoubtedly make sense for her (and Bert) to be on the team that's teleported.

3. Presently almost nothing is known about the 'tunnel' approach other than where it begins (the dwarven temple) and where it ends (some part of Occidian, unless Spellguard Swanson's sources are in doubt). This adds an additional element of potential danger and mishap, likely one that's far riskier than the chance of mishap with Teleportation. Frankly, I see no clear advantage of having this 2nd approach without a specific plan to take advantage of such, but I defer to the Spellguard's judgment in this decision (it may simply be the case that teleporting a larger group is beyond Incinder's abilities), and we may be able to work out a way to use it to our advantage.

4.. The teleporting team may need a scout upon arrival, but it most likely does not need a guide as such (save a mishap - always a small chance something goes wrong), since they are getting teleported directly to a location that apparently Incinder is familiar with. Indeed, Jhessi herself is the closest thing to a guide since she has apparently been to the location before.
This makes an effective guide likely more needed with the team that infiltrates via tunnels. The tunnel route is completely unknown and untried - for all we know it may be a brief trek through nearly empty passages that go nowhere near the 'Low Road', or it may involve dealing with things far worse than orcs, not to mention simply finding the way to the destination.

5. Hully has explored the 'Low Road', presumably depths/tunnels around/beneath the Silverymoon Pass/Nether Mountains fairly extensively, enough that it's possible for him to attempt to make a map based on memories from half a dozen years ago. Nioniel has done some exploring down there as well apparently, but by her own words she hasn't gone very far in, and it's apparently been some time for her as well.Again, it is not known whether traversing the tunnel approach will actually require venturing down to these areas, but it certainly would not hurt to be prepared.

6. Jhessi seems quite insistent that Hully be assigned to her and Bert, in spite of the above, for reasons I do not fully understand. Even though it seems contrary to enhancing the odds of success, I for one am willing to concede to her wishes to avoid needless conflict. However I would make an observation, and a request:

It's been said that the 2 humans are not overly fond of elves, to put it mildly (and likely the feelings are mutual with many of the elves). Whether this is indeed the case or not such conflicts need to be put aside for the sake of the operation. Decisions cannot be made based on petty grievances with so much at stake. The lives of gods knows how many potential victims both now and future are at stake, along with that of my daughter. I beg, plead that we put such aside if we are working together.

With that said, I am concerned that more reconnaissance may be needed before the undertaking of the actual assault and infiltration. With so much at stake, there are far, far too many unknowns and uncertainties. There's also no clear advantage or unique objectives that can be pursued by splitting up the 2 approaches. I suggest we at least attempt to address both of these elements, along with the potential challenge of coordinating the 2 groups.

Kyrie
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Additional concerns:

1. Teleportation is near instant. Barring mishaps and such, the group that will be teleported will arrive at Occidian long before the group that traverses the tunnels, unless the latter group departs well ahead of the first. The 2 groups need to be in contact with one another and attempt to time/coordinate their approaches.

I believe there exists a spell just for such purposes; I have made inquiry about this, along with inquiring about further details regarding the tunnel route.

2. Teleportation limits aside there is little advantage to splitting up into 2 groups without specific purpose for doing so. We should aim to take advantage of one or more of these elements:

- 2 groups can cover more ground than 1
- one group can serve as a decoy/diversion to enhance the other's odds of success
- multiple objectives can be accomplished at once or more quickly
- a group of 4 - 6 at least in theory has an easier time being stealthy and covert than a group of 10
- etc.

3. It is my suggestion that one cleric should accompany each group - UNLESS, one group is especially designated as an elite stealthy group.

4. If the 2 groups are divided according to stealth capabilities (and there are distinct advantages to such, i.e. loud group plays diversion for sneaky group), then strongly recommend the less stealthy group enter via Teleport.

That is all I have to offer for now given what I know thus far. I am no master tactician nor nearly as experienced an 'adventurer' as others among you - what I am simply is a husband and father seeking to press for every advantage I can see while trusting ultimately to friends and the grace of the Seldarine.

However make no mistake, if need be I will press for every advantage and gain, even desperate ones, that may help bring about the rescue of my daughter.

I must see to some matters both personal and otherwise for much of the next few days in preparation (much parchment and coins and a few spiders may need to be sacrificed) I am hopeful that a plan will fall into place in the coming days.

Kyrie

((ooc my ingame time is limited and has been so for the past few weeks; if folks could post some updates to this thread along the way it would be helpful for me))

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gribo »

Neither group can be stealthy, Each group should have a capable scout, a priestess and a wizard. Both priestesses can use sending to coordinate, scrolls are being prepared.
Some contact with the dwarves should be established beforehand, we do not want to surprise them.
Nuclear winter is coming
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Question: do we have a bag of holding or reduced weight?

Several ingots of the special alloy to be used for befriending/bribing Xorns are packed. I assume other scholars might have some as well.

I will attempt to scrounge together coin to purchase a scroll of Locate Creature, unless Ansha is available and already capable of casting such. Already have a scroll of Locate Object, which has more limitations and much, much shorter duration... still, it seems unlikely that her captors would have provided Amnestria a fresh change of clothes, etc., I will ask Aewyn to confirm what Amny was wearing when captured, and hopefully it will have been something I can remember.

Some scrolls prepared mostly for utility/specific situations:

Comprehend Languages
Enlarge Person (duration 1 min)
Reduce Person (duration 1 min)
Protection vs Alignment
Silent Image (weak version)
Alter Self (good for 30 minutes)
Gust of Wind
Locate Object (3 minute duration)
Spider Climb (30 minutes)
Dimension Door (can bring 2 others with caster, range about 700 feet)
Various other personal defensive/protective scrolls.

Wand of Shield (possible to use for personal use only unfortunately)
Another wand that will hopefully arrive soon from Auvandell. I will be packing heat for this expedition.

Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

The door of Scholar Jhessi Kross' dorm room is closed, but a crack of light can be seen from underneath the door, a sign that she is in residence at this time. She leaves only for food, drink, and a trip to the library. Upon returning from one such foray she finds a tower of dusty books, brittle with age. They are piled on her floor beside her desk. She carefully arranges them by age, to the best of her estimation, and begins to read.

She picks up an order of scroll parchment and ink from the scribery, along with spare ink and quills. Before scribing a scroll with such precious materials, she practices with a stylus on a wax tablet. When her practice work is completed to her satisfaction, she uses the ink and parchment and then heats the wax with prestidigitation to start anew on the next scroll the following day.

Her nightly ritual includes donning a thick, dark-blue robe embroidered with constellations. She heats a pot of water for tea and settles into a comfortable chair before a cheery, crackling fire. Soon the soothing aroma of chamomile emanates from a thick, generous cup. Her hands curl around the warm vessel and a small, calm smile comes to her lips as she reads entries in her spellbook.
Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

// posted after consultation with DM Wynna

Jhessi stands on a chair to peer at the spine of a particular volume of interest. As she steps down from the chair, she finds Oakroot beside her, studying the map with lively interest.

It is no secret that Jhessi seeks knowledge about the location of the Occidian ruins. And any who traversed the library at this particular moment would have seen Oakroot use a derivative spell of color spray on her map.

She brings the map back to her room and places it on her desk. She uses the chunk of metal slag to hold down one corner. She lights a fresh candle and gets to work.

Jhessi transcribes the notes from the map, and her recollection of Oakroot's mutterings, to a piece of paper which she places on top of the map:
Occidian--elven ruin, thousands years old. Gone. Alastrarra kirra keyed. Gone. Cavern collapsed. Dean Vihuel dead. Ancient red Imvaernarhro dead. Dwarven land now. Felbarr custodian. Warcrown to dig and share elven cultural history. High politics!!
And:
Xothor Soulforge? Knowledge conquers politics...
(also hope springs eternal...)
Of the books she received earlier, Jhessi then arranges them in some semblance of order:

Some are brittle with age. Others seem to be reports tacked together. Hours pass as she toils over her wax tablet and uses some of her precious ink and parchment to craft a scroll -- protection from arrows this time.

Upon removing one volume to search for another, Jhessi finds a note from Kythorn. Based on her organizational scheme -- the Law of Superposition also applies to the chaos of notes and books laid down in haste -- Jhessi estimates it has been there for a few days.

Jhessi twirls a finger slowly to heat the water in a cup on her side table, the draconic lilt indicates a version of the prestidigitation spell. Soon the soothing aroma of chamomile emanates from a thick, generous cup.

She settles into her comfortable chair, in her thick, dark-blue robe before the cheery, cracking fire and begins to read. Her brows are knit in worry at the prospect of having missed an important detail in the days since Kythorn -- Kyrie now -- sent her the missive.

As she nears the end of the note, an auburn brow arches and she exhales a sharp huff of indignation. Scholar Kross sighs, sets her chamomile tea on a side table and folds the letter. Jhessi rubs her temples and resists a yawn after several hours of conscientious study. She glances toward the candle, which has now burned down to a nub. Books are everywhere. On the floor next to her feet, haphazardly on her empty bed. Pieces of paper with pertinent facts underlined are strewn about, representing hours and possibly days of research.

"I don't have time for this," she snaps uncharacteristically to herself. Her exasperated tone elevates, "I don't hate elves! My true friends know this."

Oera, her familiar, immediately hops to the young wizard's side and nuzzles her leg. A small smile of affection interrupts her thinking and Jhessi reaches down to pet the bunny between the ears. Instead of rearing up to accept her touch, Oera snatches the missive from her hand, and with a toss of her head flings it into the fire. As the edges of the paper curl and burst into flame, Jhessi's shoulder shake with soft laughter. She clears her bed from the books and notes, and curled up with Oera, falls asleep nearly immediately.

Spoiler:
// passage that Jhessi disliked is in bold. This event happened in the privacy of her quarters unless otherwise described.
Ithildur wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:35 pm
(some reminders to clarify a few things)

Kythorn/Kyrie's memo:

1. This is a 3 pronged attack (if not more): the loud obvious group is one that consists of Knights in Silver, etc. Hopefully they will draw off the majority of the Enemies' attention and forces, enough that the small groups can accomplish their objectives.
There are expected to be 2 subtle groups: one that teleports to the ruins of Occidian, and one that enters through tunnels from the dwarven temple some of us 'liberated' in recent tendays. Since this is the plan that's been presented, we should aim to maximize the benefits of smaller coordinated groups.

2. Jhessi has been to the ruins of Occidian, via teleport made possible by Incinder the imp. Presumably this is going to be the method of teleportation used on the day of the attack. She presumably is the one person among us (given Gasen's fawning remarks) most familiar with the teleport route, and it would undoubtedly make sense for her (and Bert) to be on the team that's teleported.

3. Presently almost nothing is known about the 'tunnel' approach other than where it begins (the dwarven temple) and where it ends (some part of Occidian, unless Spellguard Swanson's sources are in doubt). This adds an additional element of potential danger and mishap, likely one that's far riskier than the chance of mishap with Teleportation. Frankly, I see no clear advantage of having this 2nd approach without a specific plan to take advantage of such, but I defer to the Spellguard's judgment in this decision (it may simply be the case that teleporting a larger group is beyond Incinder's abilities), and we may be able to work out a way to use it to our advantage.

4.. The teleporting team may need a scout upon arrival, but it most likely does not need a guide as such (save a mishap - always a small chance something goes wrong), since they are getting teleported directly to a location that apparently Incinder is familiar with. Indeed, Jhessi herself is the closest thing to a guide since she has apparently been to the location before.
This makes an effective guide likely more needed with the team that infiltrates via tunnels. The tunnel route is completely unknown and untried - for all we know it may be a brief trek through nearly empty passages that go nowhere near the 'Low Road', or it may involve dealing with things far worse than orcs, not to mention simply finding the way to the destination.

5. Hully has explored the 'Low Road', presumably depths/tunnels around/beneath the Silverymoon Pass/Nether Mountains fairly extensively, enough that it's possible for him to attempt to make a map based on memories from half a dozen years ago. Nioniel has done some exploring down there as well apparently, but by her own words she hasn't gone very far in, and it's apparently been some time for her as well.Again, it is not known whether traversing the tunnel approach will actually require venturing down to these areas, but it certainly would not hurt to be prepared.

6. Jhessi seems quite insistent that Hully be assigned to her and Bert, in spite of the above, for reasons I do not fully understand. Even though it seems contrary to enhancing the odds of success, I for one am willing to concede to her wishes to avoid needless conflict. However I would make an observation, and a request:

It's been said that the 2 humans are not overly fond of elves, to put it mildly (and likely the feelings are mutual with many of the elves). Whether this is indeed the case or not such conflicts need to be put aside for the sake of the operation. Decisions cannot be made based on petty grievances with so much at stake. The lives of gods knows how many potential victims both now and future are at stake, along with that of my daughter. I beg, plead that we put such aside if we are working together.

With that said, I am concerned that more reconnaissance may be needed before the undertaking of the actual assault and infiltration. With so much at stake, there are far, far too many unknowns and uncertainties. There's also no clear advantage or unique objectives that can be pursued by splitting up the 2 approaches. I suggest we at least attempt to address both of these elements, along with the potential challenge of coordinating the 2 groups.

Kyrie
Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

// OOC posting the map in a semi-public area so people can say they stopped by to review it.

Scholar Jhessi Kross hauls the map from her room into the common area near the Abjuration tower.

She sends a note to members who have indicated they intend to participate in the offensive against Marpenoth:

"Please review the revised map posted in the common area by my room in the Abjuration dormitory. I've many scrolls to scribe and a pile of reports to skim -- all related to Oakroot's valuable contributions. If you are interested in helping with research, multiple minds together can accomplish more than one alone. Seek me out at my dormitory.

J Kross"

Perle wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Jhessi transcribes the notes from the map, and her recollection of Oakroot's mutterings, to a piece of paper which she places on top of the map:
Occidian--elven ruin, thousands years old. Gone. Alastrarra kirra keyed. Gone. Cavern collapsed. Dean Vihuel dead. Ancient red Imvaernarhro dead. Dwarven land now. Felbarr custodian. Warcrown to dig and share elven cultural history. High politics!!
And:
Xothor Soulforge? Knowledge conquers politics...
(also hope springs eternal...)
khaevil
Skeleton's Knuckle

Post by khaevil »

Bertilak makes as accurate a copy of the map as he can. Writing out a pointed yet detailed note on their plans he hands his notes and the map to Knight-Corporal Sureblade.

"Sir. This map may be helpful in planning an assault. I've detailed the special teams that will disrupt the ritual."
The accompanying note wastes no time getting to the point. He details that one team will teleport to the cave, consisting of himself, Jhessi, T'lisa, Ashe, and Bae'ithra.

The second team of Hulurin, Saerela, Nioniel, Kythorn, and Begor, will approach by low road.

Return of prisoners will be accomplished by means of teleportation stones, should the Lady's College provide.

"Sir, once the ritual is prevented I wish to pursue this Marpenoth - if the situation allows. The returning prisoners will mark completion of the primary mission.

If I do not return it has been a great honor to count myself among the ranks of the Knights in Silver. I have no regret in a death trying to avert a war."
Retiring to the barracks for the evening Bertilak pens another letter to leave among his effects.
Sealing the letter he presses the symbol of Ilmater from his neck into the hot wax, the slight burn of his fingers from using such a makeshift seal brings a sad smile. It feels appropriate.
He address the missive:
"to Jhessi Kross on the event of my death,
or to Lord Mardan Elthondsson of Olostin's Hold on the death of both myself and miss Kross,"
then tucks it away at the bottom of his footlocker.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Not long after dawn after the previous night's ceremonies, Hully passes through the gates at Auvendell.

His leathers, boots, and cowl, all usually jet black, are caked with a thick layer of red-gray earth. His face is so thickly covered with dust that the whites of his eyes give him a near comic appearance.

Making it to the Silverload Arms Inn he helps himself to a bottle of dwarven whiskey and flops down heavily near the fire.

"Well.... I ain't seen nothing like that afore down there. Reckon our trek through the "Deep Unders" ain't gonna be a stroll through a garden. An' gettin' through unseen gonna be one right real trick."

At last report, the halfling was passed out and snoring heavily in the common room of the tavern.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Kyrie returns from his time in Sundabar attempting to chase down rumors, and stops in at the Silverload Arms in Auvendell, en route back to Silverymoon.

Perhaps he overheard the words of the diminutive scout, perhaps merely the rumors lingering some time after his comments were heard. Regardless of which, the Elf takes a seat at a table after ordering a beverage, burying his forehead in his hand for some time, unmoving.

After a near full <undefined period of time>, he finally takes a single sip of the beverage ordered, and begins writing, not in his ever present journal, but on clean, rather expensive looking parchment.

"To my Aewyn,Vel tel Arael... If you are reading this letter, it will most certainly mean one thing. It will mean that in our attempt to affect the rescue of..."

The sound of scribbling on parchment came to an abrupt stop, along with the small, quick motion of feather held tightly in hand. The writer became motionless once more, eyes closed, so still for so long that patrons who did not know better might have thought him to have fallen asleep.

A single word finally escaped his pressed lips.

"No."

Eventually Kyrie opened his eyes once more, and quietly put the parchment away.

"Alright Hully... spill the beans, please, if you would be so kind." spoke the Elf softly, almost as if to himself.

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

"Duergar... Xorn... impossible to sneak past with normal means... fish men..."

Kyrie paused from his jotting and considered the earlier meeting. He rubbed his nose, took a long, deep swig of the contents of his canteen, then resumed writing.

"... apparently did not get far ... possibly going in the opposite direction... "

With another long draught, Kyrie forced himself to write a few more lines.

"... hope may simply have to come unlooked for... from the Dwarves, or... "

The Elf rummaged in his satchel, running his fingers across the smooth surface of the strange ore that supposedly would be like candy to the Xorn.

Some time later, the elf could be seen leaving Auvendell, apparently making his way west/southwest, with a rather strange glint in his eyes.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Long after the sun had set over the cold, harsh regions near the Silverymoon Pass, the sounds of banter and report among Knights in Silver could be heard as the final watch shift at Hawk's Nest began precisely on schedule. Apparently it was a quiet day, with only a single traveler, a familiar looking Elf maiden, who was said to have been traveling towards Auvendell or Sundabar.

There seemed to be no report of any other travelers that passed near the outpost.

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((ooc summary/update of major points/how things seem to be shaping up for the Suicide Squad, aka Tunnel Group - notes relevant to Team Tunnel in bold)):

- A couple of Elveses (Saerella, Baeithra) are planning on approaching the Dwarven/felbarr faction to spill the beans. They hope to persuade the Dwarves to be helpful so that we can more easily access what we expect to be the less dangerous passageway (presumably from the temple of Dugmaren), and possibly in hopes they can point us to Occidian.

My 2 cents: if it works out, we save some resources and hassle, gain some intel regarding the passages, and possibly get directions to Occidian (which we do need). Potential downside is we piss off a lot of people, and everyone in Felbarr hates us (the College/Spellguard might not be overjoyed either).

- Hully had an encounter with several Xorn while exploring the depths below the Pass (though he seemed headed SW, whereas we probably need to head northward at least eventually - BUT it may be more critical to find the Xorn than blindly heading north). Apparently the Xorns looked 'malformed/abused... covered in pustules and weird gross nobs ... their eyes were a malicious red and they had fell slime dripping from their maws'. There's also some possibility that they may be controlled/influenced by another, which we already suspected, though it's not clear whether we're dealing with magical or mundane coercion. Lastly, the Xorns seem to have some sort of Tremorsense, which means even the stealthiest sneak that walks within proximity of them will likely be detected.

My 2 cents: the Xorns may be the key, doubly so if things do not work out with Dwarves as we'd like. We have a unique carrot to dangle in the form of the 'candy alloys' (as well as platinum, normal coins, etc), and if they are in fact enslaved/abused/magically dominated or otherwise coerced, the promise of freedom would be a weighty offer. We have no concrete bargaining chip with the dwarves that I know of.

I'd also guess that these 'malformed/abused' Xorn we might encounter have a good chance of being linked to Marpenoth, the robed ones, and/or the path to Occidian. I'd expect they might at least provide some clues, if not outright be able to provide passage to the destination (we've seen them demonstrate ability to swallow 'passengers' without harming them, and transport them through the earth).

Potential downside of attempting to turn them: minimal. If we fail to win them over battle may ensue, but that's nothing we haven't done before (though we'll be missing all the melee PCs who are with the Teleport group, could be a much tougher fight without them). The risk/payoff potential imo makes this a no brainer.

-We need to keep the objectives clear and focus on them: for this session it's to find our way to Occidian and get there in one piece, simple as that, nothing more and nothing less. There's probably no shortage of things to fight if we wanted to do that, but that is probably counterproductive, especially if we don't get a chance to rest/regain spells, abilities etc. between this weekend's session and the finale.

(I'm personally inclined to think that it may be preferable for Kythorn to survive at least this leg of the mission but that's just me, and this is ALFA after all. No guarantees, GoT deaths happen, and Team Tunnel is clearly the squishier of the 2 teams.)

-soon/some time after we arrive, I'm expecting we use a scroll of Sending to let the Teleport team know we're there, and they teleport in to the designated spot (which might be some distance away from Team Tunnel's entry point into Occidian). We need to clarify this stage of the operation coordinating both teams (at least have some rough idea of what we might want to do, link up/stay separate, etc., staying flexible given that at this stage we have almost no details of the layout/situation in Occidian), which will require input/feedback from Team Teleport. I'm thinking this needs to happen before this Saturday's session, as it seems rather OOC to do so after Team Tunnel is long gone (or dead)... but then again we've been CBTing everything like mad...

It's probably a good idea for Team Tunnel (which has the superior scouts) to do recon of Occidian first upon arriving, get some grasp of the situation, before Sending/Team Teleport arrives (especially if this can, say, prevent Teleporters from bamfing right into a pack of nasties - though they should at least have long term buffs up regardless).

Other notes:

-Saerella has 3 teleport tokens that will bring one individual each safely back to the Lady's College. She might be able to obtain more (?). These could be used for key prisoners (the way we did it last time, when a gnome prisoner popped out and sent in reinforcements would be ideal - need to check on whether College Faculty/Spellguard might be available this time too to teleport prisoners out), but if this is not an option, it may be best to keep them in reserve. Using one to pop back to the College, then teleporting back into action could have some distinct advantages if allowed...

- Hully and Nioniel reported Gray Dwarves; Hully also spoke of 'fish men'. There are probably other things, worse things, that we could run into if our luck is bad...

- without the use of magic (i.e. for short periods of time) we're not going to out-stealth the denizens of the depths on a regular basis. Those guys live down there in the dark; we don't. However Hully, and maybe Nioniel, might be stealthy enough as scouts that we can avoid surprises and dictate most potential encounters on our terms (including avoiding them whenever possible).

-Ky will likely have one Dimension Door scroll ready for emergency escape but it can only take 3 total including himself. If the need to use it arises, it seems to make sense to escape with the least stealthy members of the group (Sae and Begor) and have Hully/Nio fend for themselves using their skills. Unknown whether Ansha will be around; if so she can cast it and take the other half of the group. I suggest we attempt to coordinate (if possible) a relatively safe location to bamf to so we can rendezvous fairly quickly, before firing off a DD.

Please post thoughts, comments, ideas, etc.

Ladellon
Dire Badger

Post by Ladellon »

escape with the least stealthy members of the group
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Loads of invis, decent hide, can Fascinate or Mind Cloud anyone in his way and, if necessary, Begor can fly. At least he won't be creating tremors for the Zorn to lock onto. Least stealthy, indeed, HAH!!! Don't forget, I have Cloud of Bewilderment - just don't get in the path of the destruction!

We're the kick-butt group for sure!
Final PC: Regor the Valorious, the ONLY theatrically-inclined half-orc androgyne wandering ALFA, Artistic Director for Cormanthor Stage Productions, one-time stand up pirate and self-educated barrister of the bar.

Former PC: Begor Nightstrummer, Executive Stage Writer and Assistant Director of Planned Gifts for the Roving Entertainment Group of Ruith

Current PC: Sheshe Little Eels
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((... Cloud of Bewilderment, yes. :chin:

You're in a group with Hully and Nioniel. You are among the least stealthy members of the group.
Magical means obviously can make one theoretically stealthy as well as prevent contact with the ground for minutes, yes, but that does not qualify them to be considered actually stealthy ...

If you'd really prefer to be left to your own devices while we DD out of harm's reach, then by all means :twisted: ))

gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gribo »

Three figures were seen on the trail to Dugemaren's temple. The guards had a lot to talk about during their next few shifts, as the Xothor's mood was slightly less sour than usual.
Nuclear winter is coming