Hopeful Officer Candidate Declan's Patrol Logs

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

Rick7475
Haste Bear

Hopeful Officer Candidate Declan's Patrol Logs

Post by Rick7475 »

Declan's Patrol Report: Argent Legion Officer Candidate Declan Thenhauser engaged in patrolling Argent Legion western highway areas with 6 other individuals including another Argent Legion member. Scouted area around and inside Meteor Lake. Member Bjolan provided expert opinion on consistency of lake water to be filled with iron producing a red color and noxious odor. Team sighted a causeway to protruding stone column in the center on the eastern shore of the lake. Team observed a cave entrance on eastern side of stone column. Member Saerena noted lack of animals and dead trees along the shore. Bjolan provided explanation that the column was a response by the gods to the meteor intrusion of the land. Team advanced along the causeway and detected a suspicious box like object with a hole on the top of the column.

Scout Soppi was sent to investigate for traps and discovered something strange. Saerela cast spells of dispelling to no affect. With some difficultly scout Soppi disabled the traps. Arcanist expert Olivus warned of great dark magic in the cave and begged the team not to enter. I consulted with Tlisa our expert swordswoman and historian and we decided, against Olivus' advice, to enter. I made the decision to ascertain the danger for the highway only meters away. Upon entry we heard strange scratching noises. Soppi and Bjolan immediately detected more traps and Soppi tried to disarm them. Unfortunately the traps were extremely powerful and Soppi was nearly fatally wounded by a fire explosion. Fortunately Saerela was able to render divine curing and Soppi was saved. Soppi reported the trap was extremely powerful and precise and so quick she was unable to respond to it at all.

I made the decision to cease exploration of the cave, much to Olivus' relief. Olivus then left to report our finding to the fort. We then proceeded west, joined by divine expert Ashera. We scouted the blasted tower area, and found no bandits or danger, and an old mysterious abandoned tower. If cleaned up, the tower might make a good location for an Argent Legion post. We further scouted the great oak, and rested at the Silvanus shrine. This concludes my report of a successful patrol of discovery despite one casualty who has since recovered.