Solutions by Zed

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

Duck One
Orc Champion

Solutions by Zed

Post by Duck One »

Solutions by Zed

On a wall on the Bright Blade Brandished is a corkboard upon which Benlan Firstblade allows personal ads to be placed for tavern regulars. There between notices for ships hiring deck hands and a note about a lost ring is a relatively new note. Tavern regulars noted a man as he briefly spoke to Benlan and then posted the note. The man is tall for a human, slender, with messy white hair, glasses at the end of his nose, and boney fingers. He walked slowly with a pronounced limp. The most noticed feature of the man was the fact that upon his shoulders, moving from left to right and back again, was a grey squirrel, with which the man was seen having a conversation as the pair left after posting the notice. Careful inspection of the note would reveal that the paper was in fact vellum, an unusual choice to write such a mundane note upon. The note was writing in script but looked a bit too neat to be written by that man, and read:

“Be it known that my company is seeking to retain the services of some dependable and productive adventuring souls. Over the years I have made a number of contacts who know that they can come to me to do dangerous tasks and get results. Alas, my eyesight, hearing, and body can no longer be trusted to do some of the things I could in my youth. I will pay handsomely and commiserate to the risks of the task. Before signing up, some provisos are in order:

* My clients are to remain anonymous. There is a certain level of trust that comes with retaining my services, and nobody who works for me will violate that trust. Do not worry, I would not take on work that would upset the civility and peacefulness of this fair city, but my customer’s reasons for wanting this work done is their business.

* Your actions are your own. Do not attempt to invoke my name as justifications for what you do. How you get the work done is your business, and I shall not own any responsibility for it. I will not post any bail, speak to any magistrate, or barter with anyone who holds you for ransom.

* You are paid for results. Each job will have a goal, and you will only be paid if that goal is achieved. If you fail to accomplish a mission, it will reflect upon your ability to get more work.

* Do NOT betray me. During a job you might be tempted to think there is a way that you could profit more greatly by ignoring your goal and taking advantage of the situation. This would be extremely foolish thinking. I shall take every necessarily step to protect my reputation with my customers by disciplining my employees.

* There will be risks. People come to me when they are desperate and can’t find a safe way to get what they need on their own. I will not always know precisely what the risks are, but will tell you what I can. Do not sign on to this company unless you’re willing to assume the risks.

You will have to sign a contract, and to do so you will have to reveal to me your true given name. This document is bound in magic.

Those interested will have to interview before signing on. I will be in the Bright Blade each Tenday on Eighthday during the supper hour to conduct interviews. Those wish to interview can sign this note below. Each applicant will have to pay 25 gold to cover the costs of the interview and contract materials.”

The bottom of the note has a huge Z

((OOC – For now, these quests will be short in duration intended to be completed in a single 3 hour window. I will post details of each session in the forums with a signup sheet detailing the number of participants and level ranges. Before signing up for any sessions, arrange a time with me to conduct the “interview”))
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Re: Solutions by Zed

Post by Duck One »

A notice is posted on the wall again:

"To all interested company members, we have another job available which will require travel to the Silverwood and collecting ingredients useful for a potion. Please sign below if you want this work."

(( 4-6 party members, levels 4-6. Wednesday 4/22 at 9:00 - 12:00 EST. RSVP to this))
Duck One

Mick
Beholder

Re: Solutions by Zead

Post by Mick »

T’lisa is in.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Lucifer »

Bae'ithra will do this
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

only level 3 ...
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Rick7475 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:23 pm
only level 3 ...
T'lisa will protect him.
Talk less. Listen more.

Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

Max the squirrel runs around Silverymoon delivering notes to all company members he can find:

"To all interested company members, we have time sensitive work that needs to be handled quickly and quietly."

(( 4-6 party members, levels 4-6. Wednesday 4/29 at 9:00 - 12:00 EST. RSVP to this))
Duck One

Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Lucifer »

Count Bae in on wed goodies for the mediums unless unseen family issues happen< I will be there
Droomi
Skeleton's Knuckle

Post by Droomi »

Posted:
Meeka Fallenleaf would like to schedule an interview.
Current PCs: Caliope, Birdsong, Bjolan Agnarr, and Maximorticus Vanpewter Rubblebottom the Sixteenth.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

T’lisa will be there Wednesday.
Talk less. Listen more.