Hail Scholars, Who Comest Forth From Their Halls!

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

Wynna
Dungeon Master

Hail Scholars, Who Comest Forth From Their Halls!

Post by Wynna »

*Written in magical runes that are scribed in Mulhorandi but transmit their meaning in common to any arcanist of Lvl 1+, purple in color, with lavish swoops and curlicues, and posted on notice boards at the Lady's College*

Hail, Scholars, who comest forth from their halls!

In the land of the folly of my youth, when we go before the gods of the afterlife, there we say "I have not learned that which is not," to proclaim our worthiness to pass into their realms. It is of great and glorious consequence that this proclamation is also the guiding spirit of the edifice of knowledge around us. For is it not true that each block in a pyramid is laid one upon another? And is it not true that we climb this pyramid of magical erudition from the foundations of studenthood to the pinnacle of mastery, each of us longing to cry out from the top I HAVE NOT LEARNED THAT WHICH IS NOT!

I have the humble honor to declare myself Professor Mahud Gasen, a Master of this Lady's College, Conjurer of this Conclave, Summoner of Beings, and in the name of the most worthy Dean Savengriff, may he learn forever, I seek those willing to assist in a great endeavor. I have been embarked for many decades on a work of vast importance to the condition of scholarship, to my own satisfaction and to the beasts and beings of these great Silver Marches, my adopted homeland. It has been my privilege and honor to enlist the aid of Masters Auroneous and Clarvue, of Transmutation and Divination respectively, in the latter stages of this research. Now it is my solemn, most joyful intention to enlist scholars to aid in the collection of materials to bring this project to a presentation stage.

If even more than not learning what is not, you would learn what is, your name will sing in my ears as the desert nightingale and your aid shall multiply my efforts as the stars in the night sky.

--Mahud Gasen

*Below this florid note, in square, bold handwriting, a few more words have been added:

Informational meeting
Valamaradace Room
{Saturday, Feb 8, 6pm PST/9pm EST}
Stipend provided
Traditional DQ Advisors & Structure
See me with questions before
--Serapheena
Enjoy the game
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Re: Hail Scholars, Who Comest Forth From Their Halls!

Post by Wynna »

A large red "RESCHEDULED" is slashed across Serapheena's addendum, in ink that seems strangely hot to any hand hovering anywhere over it. The date has been crossed out and changed to: {Sunday, Feb 9 6pm PST/9pm EST}.
Enjoy the game
Mick
Beholder

Re: Hail Scholars, Who Comest Forth From Their Halls!

Post by Mick »

Sorry, but can’t make it tonight.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?