Report to Marshall

Forum for in-character plots, actions, and discussion. All posts are considered to be in-character, unless otherwise stated.

Moderator: NWN2 - 03 DM

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Report to Marshall

Post by orangetree »

Dear Marshall

As requested we have been investigating why the kobolds and goblins have been fighting. I regret that our time meant we could not inspect or purge the goblins nest. However the day proceeded as follows:

We encountered kobold scouts on the hill. They were dispatched with relative ease. The guards at the cave posed some addional issues.

After a tense battle I regret to inform we encountered the remains of three humanoids. They were not fresh kills but dig up from the local cemetery. They had use of a wagon to move them around, though I suspect only within the cave system.

A beast of a half orc who declared his name as.. Hagoth challenged us to battle. The fight with him was very hard. It was only our numbers that stopped him. He also had an entourage of kobold mages..

After the cave was clear we attempted to bring the bodies back but were unsuccessful.

So far we can only conclude they are taking extreme measures in scavaging for the winter. However this does not explain why they attack goblins unless this is a food war or... they are eating each other.

We plan to inspect the goblin territories when we regroup.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Re: Report to Marshall

Post by orangetree »

Dear Marshall,

We have explored the orcs that were in the mine.

I can confirm numerous orcs were found and slain. The only strange part was that they appeared to be worshipping some kind of demon-like altar. There was not much information from it though.

Mission successful otherwise, with no real problems.