stuck in river

If you have any technical question about how to run NWN2, this is the forum you need.
beneviolent
Kobold Footpad

stuck in river

Post by beneviolent »

i am stuck in the middle of the Rivermoot river. There is a rowboat on each shore, but I'm unable to 'use' them. Can walk on the sandbar up and down the river, but not exit it.
Mick
Beholder

Re: stuck in river

Post by Mick »

You will have to get either a DM to rescue you or find another player in RM that you can auto-follow to help you escape.

This is a long-standing problem. To avoid it in the future, only click on the rowboat on the shore once. Clicking it again mid-river breaks it and traps you.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Grab me in chat if you're on.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Code: Select all

void main()
{
    object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
    DelayCommand(300.0f, CheckForStragglers(oPC));
}

void CheckForStragglers(object oPC)
{
    object oContents = GetFirstInPersistentObject(OBJECT_SELF);
    while(GetIsObjectValid(oContents))
    {
        if(oContents == oPC)
            AssignCommand(oPC, JumpToLocation(GetObjectByTag(GetLocalString(OBJECT_SELF, "FAILOVER_ESCAPE"))));
        oContents = GetNextInPersistentObject(OBJECT_SELF);
    }
}

Drop a trigger in the water with this in its OnEnter event-- it will wait 5 minutes (configurable-- change the value inside of the DelayCommand on line 4; it should be longer than a boat ride + potential lag, but need not account for a server outage [which would reset the counter] or DM pausing [which would delay it]) and then jump the caught PC to any object (figure a waypoint would be good) which has a specified tag, saved on the trigger as a local string named FAILOVER_ESCAPE.