Against the Spirit

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Mick
Beholder

Against the Spirit

Post by Mick »

For those of you that are aware ICly about the vengeful spirit that has claimed the Elfsong as her own, I would like to get an idea as to when would be a good time to try and wrap up this plotline. It would be my preference to get this done in the next two weeks.

I have learned that one of the key higher level PCs that has been heavily involved in this may not be available for the finale, so if you play a higher level PC and you want to participate, don't feel as though you will be swooping in at the last minute. If it is IC to take this on and your PC has learned about it ICly, then feel free to join in.

That said, all of the information necessary to bring this to conclusion has been provided to one or more PCs who have been involved and I do not plan to do any more information gathering RP related to this. So talk to one another IC to see what you can learn.

Provided the update I need gets installed (feel free to harass your favorite HDM about this), the best upcoming nights for me will be Sunday the 10th, Monday the 11th, Wednesday the 13th, Friday the 15th, Sunday the 17th, and Wednesday the 20th. I am US Central. I would prefer a weekend, but can do a weeknight. If people are all equipped and positioned ahead of time and have discussed a plan of some sort ahead of time (which would be great), then the session itself should be no longer than two hours or so.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Against the Spirit

Post by Zelknolf »

Mick wrote:Provided the update I need gets installed
It's mostly ready to go; I just need to hit it when BG is relatively inactive and I have the time to be able to debug if something goes wrong, as we'll also be rolling out another badly-needed performance fix (the last rollout did more to replace instances of totally locking up with instances of stuttering along-- which is still bad, but at least less bad-- this one should be optimizing some core function calls).
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Of all the options I would prefer next Friday followed by the following sunday
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Prefer weekends, will wait to hear from others.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

I'll make myself available for any of the selected days provided the start time is after 2:00 pm est.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Monday's probably out for me; otherwise should be able to do the other slots.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Would really like to RP about this ahead of session. With as many as possible.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Alright then!

The fixes are in and I think conditions are set to bring this plot to completion. We are going to plan on the final session for this plot to be played out on Friday the 15th at 2100 CDT.

That is five days from now. Please see to it that your required RP and any necessary shopping is carried out before the session actually starts.
Talk less. Listen more.

boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

That's 5 am my time, I think, so Unlikely.
Also there is one of those spirit shamans already involved...

Also, I'll try.
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I would really like to see Keren in on this. What adjustment to the time would be more friendly to you, kid? I am flexible.
Talk less. Listen more.

kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

If entirely fixable, Fri/Sat morning US?
But I don't think those work for you/players?

If not that much, and we're still talking Friday eve (US) Then 3-4 hours earlier would help...
Still would mean playing all night but I can pull that off every now and then.

2 hours later could work too, but that might be getting late for everyone else.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

I have to work sat/sun and am on call the weekend so might not even be available in the evening hours

but then again maybe Vila is too low level to go play
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Depending on what happens, I'd wager high lvls might have just as good a chance of dying as low levels. Being a support/non melee that stays a good distance in the back should mean Vila can contribute (I think she has bard levels?) without getting insta ganked...

But nothing's guaranteed obviously! I remember venturing for the first time into the UD on viigas sessions with Aglaril a bunch of levels below the likes of Sywyn, expecting to die every session. Good times. :)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

While a certain amount of power will be necessary to succeed, if the group plays it smart and acts based on information that has been provided IC, then I would argue that any level PC could and perhaps even should survive.

That said, the chances go down without some priestly support. Therefore, I suggest the group make an attempt to schedule so that kid can play. Can folks chime in regarding kid's suggested times above (i.e.-could people play at 1800 CDT on Friday or start as late as 2300 CDT?) I can do either of those if that is what works best for everyone.
Talk less. Listen more.