Rescue!! OOC thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Lokan
Dungeon Master

Rescue!! OOC thread

Post by Lokan »

I can be online tonight around 7 or 8 EST. I'll jump online while I push out some DM posts of events from this story as well as others from that weekend, as well as coordinate with HEEGZ (hopefully, if he is around). I can then run some prep work for any players that show. I would like that you come with ideas of how you might prepare/investigate the events at Highsong Abbey. I'll try to handle as many ideas as possible, but it would be helpful if the players that would like to be involved could RP a team game plan in order for you to get the most from your time.

After I get some posts finished I'll jump on to the RP. Depending on where you guys take us, I'll try another night this week for prep, and try to get a main event on 10 Jan. (tentatively).))

I'll open it to whomever is interested, just be aware that I can only handle so many PCs. Just get in game and we'll all figure it out together.

If you can't be there, let me know when us good. I'll try to hang out online tonight to at least catch those PCs originally involved. I may be able to be on for a bit tomorrow as well.
Current PC: IS NOT Dent Jars
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Rescue!! OOC thread

Post by HEEGZ »

Saturday night is my TSM game night. I'll be available to chat but not DM.
Lokan
Dungeon Master

Post by Lokan »

HEEGZ wrote:Saturday night is my TSM game night. I'll be available to chat but not DM.
Perfect, I'll look for you when I get online.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

A monkey wrench just got thrown into my gaming plans as family from out of town is stranded due to flight cancellations for another 2 days. I will try but can't guarantee that time.
Lokan
Dungeon Master

Post by Lokan »

oldgrayrogue wrote:A monkey wrench just got thrown into my gaming plans as family from out of town is stranded due to flight cancellations for another 2 days. I will try but can't guarantee that time.
I'll keep an eye out for you later in the evening. No worries if you can't make it. Send me a PM, if you have a chance, about what your PC is up to and I'll try to work it in a narrative that keeps him involved... If that's ok.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

HEEGZ wrote:Saturday night is my TSM game night. I'll be available to chat but not DM.
Sat night is probably not ideal for ingame stuff as HEEGZ, OGR, and myself (DMing) will usually be on TSM for Knights Draconis stuff. I can try to be on about 5 or 6pm CST, but would like to log onto TSM by 8pm at the latest to prep a bit.

I almost had Aglaril mention this ICly to a certain uber high lvl PC he ran into on the server today, but bit my tongue and decided to wait until making sure that would be kosher. I've also refrained from mentioning it to anyone else so far until we could get a sense of how to proceed (the comic book timing with a prisoner's life potentially on the line creates difficulties in plausibility for me when we shift to 'real game time' to organize, ask others for help, etc).

Perhaps the best way to go about this is to completely OOCly ask for a show of hands on who would be interested in having their PC participate, work out a time slot, and then 'conveniently' have the available PCs present more or less together when the original group shows up to ask for aid; that would be my suggestion/2 cents as anything else stretches credulity a bit too far since Aglaril probably would have waited at most 9 hours to rest/prepare spells before going in (to at least scope out the place and try to locate the prisoner), and Lash probably would be willing to go in as well.

*I realize things were described as looking bad enough that we definitely needed to come back with 'more', but with a fresh slate of specific spells, Aglaril would probably have at least considered a covert infiltration/minimal combat approach.
Last edited by Ithildur on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I -may- take part if I get a notified on date and time before hand.
(thought likely not)
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Lokan
Dungeon Master

Post by Lokan »

Ithildur wrote:
Sat night is probably not ideal for ingame stuff as HEEGZ, OGR, and myself (DMing) will usually be on TSM for Knights Draconis stuff. I can try to be on about 5 or 6pm CST, but would like to log onto TSM by 8pm at the latest to prep a bit.

I almost had Aglaril mention this ICly to a certain uber high lvl PC he ran into on the server today, but bit my tongue and decided to wait until making sure that would be kosher. I've also refrained from mentioning it to anyone else so far until we could get a sense of how to proceed (the comic book timing with a prisoner's life potentially on the line creates difficulties in plausibility for me when we shift to 'real game time' to organize, ask others for help, etc).

Perhaps the best way to go about this is to completely OOCly ask for a show of hands on who would be interested in having their PC participate, work out a time slot, and then 'conveniently' have the available PCs present more or less together when the original group shows up to ask for aid; that would be my suggestion/2 cents as anything else stretches credulity a bit too far since Aglaril probably would have waited at most 9 hours to rest/prepare spells before going in (to at least scope out the place and try to locate the prisoner), and Lash probably would be willing to go in as well.

*I realize things were described as looking bad enough that we definitely needed to come back with 'more', but with a fresh slate of specific spells, Aglaril would probably have at least considered a covert infiltration/minimal combat approach.

So, I may have not gotten this across in our session, but I think your PCs would like a chance to learn more about exactly where your goal is before charging forward. When we do get together I'm hoping you might find more clarity. The more preparation and or investigation we can do now the more I can do later.

I just posted that I could be on tonight in hopes others might be available. If it doesn't work out, so be it. I'm still hoping the 10th will work.
Lokan
Dungeon Master

Post by Lokan »

anyone have time this weekend?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Can be available Saturday (until 7pm CST) or so and possibly Sunday.

It sounds like this is open to anyone interested at this point.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I could do Sunday US afternoon or later (after my last test for this term. yay!).
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I should be available for this weekend.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Lokan
Dungeon Master

Post by Lokan »

so far it looks like Sunday is best? If OGR is still interested, lets hear from him?
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Sunday is good for me. Earlier in dat Eastern Time or later at night (after 9) probably best.
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

Late Sunday is good for Black, if you'll have him

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare