BG coordination thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 10 DM

Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

BG coordination thread

Post by Twin Axes »

On Ithildur's recommendation I am here creating a thread for coordinating sessions on BG. I play Golinar Goldforge, level 6 dwarven fighter/bard, and am generally available EST nights. I was thinking of going for HEEGZ's set encounter, if it is still around.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: BG coordination thread

Post by Ithildur »

I'm always up for adventuring with Aglaril, but will probably sit out set encounters recommended for midlevels (don't want to ruin other people's fun) unless people are having difficulty finding more suitable companions, or for whatever reason something becomes too OOC to ignore.

[edit] Oof, just saw Storm's IC post... Aglaril is in Beregost, if I could've been logged on he definitely would've came to Merrin's aid! Ah well. Sounds like Miss Wonderhin took care of it all by herself. :)

I'm sure there will be other opportunities that require this thread/organizing a group.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

Rhianna Merwine, lvl 5 halfling ranger that prefer good deeds with other heroes.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

Oof indeed, there's one intrepid hin! Well, like Ithildur says this thread might prove useful all the same. Darkmystic, our PCs could probably do some good work together. Maybe we could run down a static or two this week. Wanna get together some late evening? (I get the sense Aglaril is way over our paygrade :) )
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Stormbring3r
Owlbear

Post by Stormbring3r »

Ithildur wrote:I'm always up for adventuring with Aglaril, but will probably sit out set encounters recommended for midlevels (don't want to ruin other people's fun) unless people are having difficulty finding more suitable companions, or for whatever reason something becomes too OOC to ignore.

[edit] Oof, just saw Storm's IC post... Aglaril is in Beregost, if I could've been logged on he definitely would've came to Merrin's aid! Ah well. Sounds like Miss Wonderhin took care of it all by herself. :)

I'm sure there will be other opportunities that require this thread/organizing a group.

Well That's taken care of.. Body has been recovered.. A large feat for such a small hin. :-)
ALFA NWN1 Notable PC's
Jenna Steel (dead)
Marcus Agent of Mask (dead)
NWN2 PC's
Current PC.... Merin (Merry) Gwinkill
Will Menen (Dead)

DM MS
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I'm actually thinking of more ways to get Aglaril involved 'behind the scenes' as it were anyway to assist or sponsor low/mid lvl efforts other than get involved in combat, i.e. RP giving and receiving information, sharing knowledge about various enemies/critters, known/suspected plots/intrigue/politics in the region that might be connected to humanoid attacks, etc. and possibly helping equip people who are going out to look into such endeavors. Don't expect Stoneskin though*! Possibly minor consumables or 24 hour wards unless there's IC motivation to support more extensively. :)

Anyway, that requires some planning at times to coordinate with folks being logged on, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread either way.

I also hear rumors of a certain female PC on BG who might make a nice sugar mam, er, sponsor type... though she probably the type that'll just as readily stab you or tie you up and rob you as help you. :wink:

*both for IC and ooc reasons

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I've refreshed the staged encounter, and added at least one more.

If you guys enjoy these I can try to refresh or add them in daily.

Also, I would prefer if you party up if possible, as the whole point of this is to facilitate your role play if you want some combat oriented RP hooks.
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

Ithildur wrote:I'm actually thinking of more ways to get Aglaril involved 'behind the scenes' as it were anyway to assist or sponsor low/mid lvl efforts other than get involved in combat, i.e. RP giving and receiving information, sharing knowledge about various enemies/critters, known/suspected plots/intrigue/politics in the region that might be connected to humanoid attacks, etc. and possibly helping equip people who are going out to look into such endeavors. Don't expect Stoneskin though*! Possibly minor consumables or 24 hour wards unless there's IC motivation to support more extensively. :)

Anyway, that requires some planning at times to coordinate with folks being logged on, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread either way.

i've been thinking something in line with this aswell. Im starting to feel that Deva might be to cool for school, i would hate to turn exciting adventures into cakewalks, or cakewalks into deathtraps just because i might be a little bored infront of a computer. its always funnier to panic together.

Perhaps Aglaril and Deva can set up a intelligence HQ somewhere and have endless arguments about who's minio... i ment champion.. i ment beloved and trusted friend is the most usefu... i ment resourceful and awesome?
Ithildur wrote:I also hear rumors of a certain female PC on BG who might make a nice sugar mam, er, sponsor type... though she probably the type that'll just as readily stab you or tie you up and rob you as help you. :wink:
sounds like a wonderful someone, care to introduce us?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

If you want a place to coordinate stuff, how about we start using the Jovial Juggler? I've already added two NPCs there for me to use.

Also, I can place harder encounters if some of you 10+ characters want a challenge.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

HEEGZ wrote:Also, I can place harder encounters if some of you 10+ characters want a challenge.
Aaaaaaand done. Details in the IC forum. You don't have to sit things out if you don't want to. Just mind the newbie PCs if you bring them along. :twisted:
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

http://www.alandfaraway.org/phpBB3/view ... 93&t=50414

I see what you did there! :shock: :)

Might have to go look into these rumors quickly; that's a hard one to ignore!

Well, there it is... all you highish lvls (and others whose bravery might be greater than lvls) when is good?

kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

can do... now. *logs in*
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

So...are there any gnolls left for us beggared mid to low levels? If so, should we try to do something about it tomorrow around 10.30 pm EST?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

From the sounds of HEEGZ's and Kid's posts he didn't come across the encounter meant for highbies, but found the low/mid level one instead and soloed it... though I'm not sure, I didn't quite get what all of Kid's IC post was about.

I would've liked to have taken a peak tonight but ended up rather busy; might log in and take a look if anyone is about. If you want company to look and see what remains out there I'm up for it.

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Twin Axes wrote:So...are there any gnolls left for us beggared mid to low levels? If so, should we try to do something about it tomorrow around 10.30 pm EST?
I ended up placing almost a dozen encounters due to the interest.

Per my earlier post, you will need to post an AAR or PM me one in order to receive any XP and cash in loot tokens, etc.

Also, the first two encounters have been soloed by PCs now. Part of my motivation for placing these is to give people a reason to group up and role play... :roll:

I guess I don't really care about soloing, but I will not award [as much] if the encounter is so easy you can do it by yourself instead of partying up.