Returning Player

For new Members to introduce themself and new acceptees to be announced.
Hojou
Goblin Scout

Returning Player

Post by Hojou »

Hey guys and gals!

After trying out neverwinter online for a bit, and being thoroughly disappointed, it got me back in the mood for some quality role-playing.

It's been about 2-3 years, but I just reinstalled NWN2 and spent the past few days searching for a good RP environment. I used to use neverwinter connections a bit to find DM'd games, and I played a few highly DM'd persistent worlds in the past, but I've been having a hard time finding much these days. It seems the NWN2 community has shrunk quite a bit.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and having some fun together!
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Re: Returning Player

Post by kiyoti »

Good to have you! Welcome to ALFA sir!

If your searching for ideas for a PC we have a band of Calishite sellswords (7 strong now :wtg: ) on the Baldurs Gate server. If your interested please feel free to PM me.
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Welcome back to NWN2.

I hope to catch you in game. Sounds like a few DMs are launching new games roughly at the same time this Fall..so you may have a had good timing for your return.

Hope to see you in there!

Good luck on your second PC!!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Aitana
Dancing Queen

Post by Aitana »

Welcome to Alfa!

Look forward to seeing you in game. :)
Mikayla wrote:ALFA is truly the Magic Kingdom
Hojou
Goblin Scout

Post by Hojou »

Thanks!

Just a few questions, since I'm playing during Oceania times (mostly), I notice that Rumple, Swift, Adanu, Thorin and Teric are doing things during my playtimes.

All of these guys are on TSM or WHL. I've found some information on your site about The Silver Marches, but nothing about The Western Heartlands. Could someone provide me with a link to read up a bit about the locale & geography, etc?

Also I notice Rumple is doing a restricted campaign on TSM (I assume that means i need to get approval to join, or it's already full and closed), Thorin is doing the Intrigue campaign, and Adanu is doing the "Campaign" campaign. :D

So I guess I'm just looking for advice. As a new member at level 1, playing during Oceania times (mostly), where's the best server for me to start? And then, how hard is it to get myself into one of the above mentioned campaigns for some weekly fun?

** edit -- Am I missing some forums?

Thanks in advance!
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

welcome back!
Hialmar
Fionn In Disguise

Post by Hialmar »

I have reset your access rights to the forums just in case you had the same problem as Copper with access to some forums.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

I know that the TSM/Rumple campaign is wrapping up in the next few weeks, just time for an all new campaign Ronan is starting on BG in October.

Make sure to get Skywing's Client Extender from the nwnvault website. It will stabilize NWN2 and help reconnect the multi-player matching system. Check in with IRC if you need any tech help.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Welcome to ALFA 8)

WHL info:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/W ... Heartlands

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/C ... Heartlands

http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/west.shtml

As for good play times for Oceania players... my advice is to scan player populations on the top of our website during your usual play time. That should give you an idea of who is playing when.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

I do a mixed campaign, and currently run a main combat/intrigue group, and an intrigue centered group. If you want to play in either, drop me a PM with your timezone and typical times, along with PC concepts you'd like to play.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Welcome back!