Returning player

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Returning player

Post by Khazar Stoneblood »

I was messing around with my old NWN2 game recently and thought about ALFA so I decided to look and see if it was still around. To my suprise, it is... and I also managed to remember my userid and password (though just the messageboard one, not the one for the website).

My "last visit" log at the top says April of 2008... but based on my PM history I'd guess I really stopped around 2006 or 2007... so it's been a while. I never played with the NWN2 client.

I originally signed up before NWN1 was out then disappeard for a little bit, then came back beta tested ALFA on NWN1. In Live I spent most of my time on the old "west coast" servers (Waterdeep, Icewind Dale, the one Rick had with the Mosque of the triad... was it Baldur's Gate or something else?). I also did some stuff on a server where the "wayfarers" had a fort (a player group), but I can't remember what server that was. My characters didn't every suffer from much longevity, but I did have a halfling with a fairly long lifespan with a speech impediment (typing a stutter can be annoying), and an overweight cleric who went by "Mama Flora" that were memorable to ME at least.

So... I'd like to see what's in the new (for me) ALFA. Do I need to reapply? Can someone PM me my website login/password (I can give you what the e-mail likely was through PM or try to verify it some other way). Are there game upgrades besides the original NWN2 that I need? Anything else I need to know?
Current PC: I'm not tellin'. They die when I put their names here.
Inwintersshadow
Orc Champion

Re: Returning player

Post by Inwintersshadow »

Come into ALFA Chat admin guys that might be on and maybe get some suggestions on where to start and what to play maybe from other players....
Admissions Goon

Primary PC: Vohrigg Cragstomper ~ Rock-climbing Spelunker of High Home http://pinterest.com/pin/229965124694678786/
Secondary PC: Nicobus Trask - Private Investigator of Silverymoon http://workerslawwatch.com/wp-content/u ... igator.jpg

NWN1 PC: Corgrym Aerthen: Warrior-Priest of Chauntea & White Chalk Village Militia Leader in Daggerdale
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Khazar Stoneblood wrote:I was messing around with my old NWN2 game recently and thought about ALFA so I decided to look and see if it was still around. To my suprise, it is... and I also managed to remember my userid and password (though just the messageboard one, not the one for the website).

My "last visit" log at the top says April of 2008... but based on my PM history I'd guess I really stopped around 2006 or 2007... so it's been a while. I never played with the NWN2 client.

I originally signed up before NWN1 was out then disappeard for a little bit, then came back beta tested ALFA on NWN1. In Live I spent most of my time on the old "west coast" servers (Waterdeep, Icewind Dale, the one Rick had with the Mosque of the triad... was it Baldur's Gate or something else?). I also did some stuff on a server where the "wayfarers" had a fort (a player group), but I can't remember what server that was. My characters didn't every suffer from much longevity, but I did have a halfling with a fairly long lifespan with a speech impediment (typing a stutter can be annoying), and an overweight cleric who went by "Mama Flora" that were memorable to ME at least.

So... I'd like to see what's in the new (for me) ALFA. Do I need to reapply? Can someone PM me my website login/password (I can give you what the e-mail likely was through PM or try to verify it some other way). Are there game upgrades besides the original NWN2 that I need? Anything else I need to know?
can you see the password on this page: http://www.alandfaraway.org/servers

If you can see that, then you are good to go. :) If you can't but you are a member in good standing, then Hialmar or some tech person will sort you out and get your membership sorted.

If you have the discs I think you just launch and it will auto-update..... although there was a thread within the last day or two where someone had trouble with the auto-update and had to manually install some files.

Hope that helps a bit!

Good to see you back!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

dergon darkhelm wrote:
Khazar Stoneblood wrote:I was messing around with my old NWN2 game recently and thought about ALFA so I decided to look and see if it was still around. To my suprise, it is... and I also managed to remember my userid and password (though just the messageboard one, not the one for the website).

can you see the password on this page: http://www.alandfaraway.org/servers

If you can see that, then you are good to go. :) If you can't but you are a member in good standing, then Hialmar or some tech person will sort you out and get your membership sorted.

If you have the discs I think you just launch and it will auto-update..... although there was a thread within the last day or two where someone had trouble with the auto-update and had to manually install some files.

Hope that helps a bit!

Good to see you back!
I'm definitely going to need some admin help. I was able to remember my message board credentials, but not the ones for the website, so I can't access the content with the server passwords. And seeing as the e-mail account on the message board was a long discontinued hotmail account, I can't really retrieve it that way.
Khazar Stoneblood
Dire Badger

Just a question, but exactly who should I PM about getting the userid/password for my old account on the webpage (or setting up a new one that I can use)?

I'll reapply if I need to, but it doesn't sound like it should be necessary.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Hialmar.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1