WHEN TO USE AND NOT USE INVISIBILITY

Forum group for all new player discussions.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

WHEN TO USE AND NOT USE INVISIBILITY

Post by danielmn »

Invisibility in NWN2 has been thoroughly broken since the last OEI patch. Ever since the extent of this breakage was discovered the use of Invisibility, whether by spells, potions, devices, or spell-like abilities (i.e., Walk Unseen) without the presence of a live DM to adjudicate the situation has been ruled an exploitable bug in situations involving CvC whether lethal or non-lethal, and in hunting spawns. It may be used during DMed plots or to escape a dangerous scripted (spawned) situation.

This decision is backed by the DMA and PA, and has been made concise and moved to this more accessable location.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: WHEN TO USE AND NOT USE INVISIBILITY

Post by danielmn »

I have been informed that invisibility is being abused to solo farm static creatures via the warlock ability Walk Unseen in combination with the ability The Dead Walk.

THIS IS IN CLEAR VIOLATION OF THAT WHICH IS POSTED ABOVE. This issue has been witnessed personally by HDM/DMA Curmudgeon on the TSM server.

The matter will be left with the future PA to look over, however, I believe this is not an isolated occurance, especially for the Warlock class. Therefore, I am advizing all DM's to keep a look out for this type of exploited behavior, and report any violations to the PA's office at once. THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! Especially after the exploit is known, and has been posted...there is no excuse.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"