Incorporeal Undead

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Incorporeal Undead

Post by Zelknolf »

It is feat.2da line 2079, which references spells.2da line 3029, which calls acr_touchattack.

And might check your talk table? If that's missing or old, many odd places will just not list important things.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Zelknolf wrote:It is feat.2da line 2079, which references spells.2da line 3029, which calls acr_touchattack.

And might check your talk table? If that's missing or old, many odd places will just not list important things.
*bewildered*
From your own links above line 2079 of feats.2da is FEAT_WARPRIEST_SPELLCASTING_FAVORED_SOUL
and 3029 of spells.2da is SHADOW_CON_Flame_Arrow . Touch_attack is 3023.
I can't find Touch Attack at all in feats.2da on GitHub (or my mod).
acr_touchattack.nss I can find in alfa2_acr.hak.
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

The correct line numbers are 2179 (feat) and 3023 (spells), but it all looks in-order from a quick glance. I just loaded the 2das to make sure the numbering wasn't off and the toolset category wasn't > 6. The feat type for filtering purposes would be "other", but I can't get into the toolset to test today.

If it shows up as "Touch Attack" at all your TLK is probably ok.
Last edited by Ronan on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

I blame my dyslexia. It looked like those other numbers this afternoon.

In any case, a ghost touch attack will be in for v1.91
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Curious if the sample undead is the same as implemented into BG? Granted you posted a wraith, but I'd encountered Shadows at BG last week with the wonderful new touch attack and Vfx, but who didn't seem to register as undead for some anti undead powers.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

I doubt it. I'd set those guys to Undead and given them the incorporeal flag about a year ago, but they aren't what is on the server now. I think the problem you saw was a regression related to the campaign folder, of which BG seems to be using an ancient version for some reason. The newer campaign folder is more difficult to deploy (needs some MS dev tools installed I think) and I just haven't had time to mess with it (or even looked at it before now).
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

There are some such creatures from the original campaign, and we sometimes get a blueprint burped up by copying and editing one of those. The problem is that their racial type is "Incorporeal" -- which indeed breaks some meaningful anti-undead powers (like damaging them with healing spells).
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Thank you for clarification, Ronan, but I'm none the wiser. There isn't a feat numbered 2179 in my feats tab at all (but there is in the 2da).

If the touch attack is hard-coded then there's not much point worrying about it because I can't make another creature with a touch attack that isn't Wraith or Shadow if I'm understanding correctly.

I've imported that Wraith blueprint into the mod and tried a combat with another spawned fighter.. The fighter had an AC of 21 and the wraith only hit it with a roll of 20 (+2=22), so the ignoring armour part of the attack doesn't appear to work, but acr_touchattack.nss suggests it should be using TouchAttackMelee() to make the attack (maybe. Don't know). Said fighter then made a save against DC of 11 for the drain. Should be 14?
What am I missing?

Edit: FYI possessing the wraith and looking at its character sheet it has a feat called Touch Attack that has a missing icon and no description.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Edit: FYI possessing the wraith and looking at its character sheet it has a feat called Touch Attack that has a missing icon and no description.
This line is normal.

Though for the attacks, that sounds like the ability not being used. It should say "[name] uses Touch Attack" on your server window, and shouldn't be any "[name] attacks [target] : [result]" lines.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Finally, finally, I think I've sussed out why this wasn't working - the wraith won't make its touch attack if it has the normal "wraith claw" items equipped in its inventory. Sack those and all starts to work correctly.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Finally, finally, I think I've sussed out why this wasn't working - the wraith won't make its touch attack if it has the normal "wraith claw" items equipped in its inventory. Sack those and all starts to work correctly.
Ok, belay that, I think I may have been DM possessing at the time (or had the wrong blueprint). However I do have some bugs/queries on acr_touchattack.

- The ghost attack does ability drain and damage. My reading of the SRD is that it should have a damage attack or a draining attack. Don't know if a decision was made to conflate the two.
- The Allip on a successful ability drain attack is giving itself 5 temp hit points. By the book the wraith and ghost should also do this.
- I'm not seeing much of a vfx on hit. There's a sort of yellow "swipe" but I'm not sure if this is just a standard attack anim. Would be nice to have a fairly big bang to let PCs know they've been zapped (lack of physical damage could lead you to believe all is well).
- Using the WISP variable a successful hit always does 128(Magical) damage. This was tested by duping a working blueprint and changing the variable only. No idea what this is. Also no electrical vfx.

Disclaimer: Figured this out by reading the script. Could be wrong.

Also sent as a support ticket.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

In the future, please don't double post issues and please keep it to one issue per ticket. Many bugs claimed from the same resource is unwieldy to manage: the fixes might not arrive at the same time, and some of your claims might be incorrect (and then what's the status of a four-issue ticket when each issue is at a different status?). And forum posts aren't tracked as issues, which leaves in a possibility of information being lost and prompts whatever volunteer is fixing these issues to respond about it multiple times.

I'll be adding information about these specific claims to the ticket as I'm able.