PLUG-INS?

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Hyme
Brown Bear

PLUG-INS?

Post by Hyme »

Which ones should i get?
Also i am having hard time making npcs. I am unable to select the level i want them to have? Is there any other why to make NPCs besides the toolset?
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Re: PLUG-INS?

Post by Curmudgeon »

There are no plug-ins that you have to have - you can do most anything you want to in the NWN2 Toolset without any plugins.

You set NPC levels in the Basics tab of the Properties tab. Select your NPC and open the Properties tab from the pop-outs on the right. You can also set race, class, and alignment in this tab.

The plugin I use most often for NPCs is The Grinning Fool's Creature Creation Wizard.

Don't forget to Turn Off Autosave, and to always work in Directory Mode.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

Curmudgeon i am getting a error that says the plug isn't up to date for The Grinning Fool's Creature Creation Wizard.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Hyme wrote:Curmudgeon i am getting a error that says the plug isn't up to date for The Grinning Fool's Creature Creation Wizard.
Hyme:
There are two versions of the plugin listed - you want the one that has the description "Download and install this only if you have updated to patch 1.23.1765" You should check all plugins for a version compatible with NWN2 patch 1.23.1765
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

Thank you i was able to get it to work.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Hyme,
Making NPC bluprints is one of my pet hates. Feats, skills, argh!
I'm in a rush just now, but have a look for the InCharacter plug-in which lets you import normal PC characters into the toolset. I made a little level-up mod to let you assign some XP to a new character (i.e. choose what level you want your npc to be) then go through the character creation process as usual. Obviously you can just go with the "recommended" defaults or be as fiddly as you like. Export that pc and then import into the toolset and everything should be peachy.
Oh, it also makes assigning spells to spellcasters easier in that you can put them in your spellbook before you export.

BTW, I tried to add the ALFA haks to the level up mod so you get the whole range of models and skills/spells/domains but I have not got that to work yet.
TnD