Ok WTF?

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Ok WTF?

Post by Thangorn »

I have just got back into building again and I cant log into any of my own work with a DM avatar (and I have no trouble logging in on Moonshaes as DM). I've tried a bunch of different avatars and settings and I can't figure this out it just tells me "you have been booted" Wtf.. its my mod on my server.. how the f**k can the game decide to boot me in my own home.. not cool.. please help..

I am using a cut down basemod for BG from the vaultster test..
Last edited by Thangorn on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Faeryl
Ogre

Re: Ok WTF?

Post by Faeryl »

You can't log in if the ACR is installed. Your only option is single player mode.

It sucks. :evil:
“Power is holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them.”
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

I kept getting booted because the MySQL service wasn't running, so that's a possible explanation too.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

Surely there is a way to "turn off" some aspects of the acr for the purpose of testing creatures, etc?

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

Thanks to you two I figured out a solution. Remove the reference to ACR_OnClientEnter in the module properties and it works just fine.

Cheers!

Faeryl
Ogre

Post by Faeryl »

Thangorn wrote:Thanks to you two I figured out a solution. Remove the reference to ACR_OnClientEnter in the module properties and it works just fine.

Cheers!
Really? Awesome! Thanks for figuring that out Thang. :hail:
“Power is holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them.”
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

That method works fine for logging in with a DM avatar, but other ACR systems (spawn points, p-storage, etc) may not function if the ACR doesn't initialize properly.

Best solution is just to run a local MySQL schema (free) and load your testmods via NWNx4 so everything works as it would in Live. Curmudgeon or I can help with the setup via IRC at mutual convenience, usually takes 10-20 minutes and then you're good thereafter.
Sandermann
Rust Monster

Post by Sandermann »

You should also be bale to test the majority of your content by choosing to run the module directly from the toolset as this method ignores non-conpiling scripts.
PC: Liasola Dark Arrow
Ex PC: Arzit'el Tlabbar

Blindhamsterman : "I think Sand may have just won the internet"