Area Cleansing

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Area Cleansing

Post by ElCadaver »

Hi All, I was just wondering... what would need to be changed to take an area out of the OC and make it alfa basemod compliant? Could someone run through the process?
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Re: Area Cleansing

Post by Teric neDhalir »

ElCadaver wrote:Hi All, I was just wondering... what would need to be changed to take an area out of the OC and make it alfa basemod compliant? Could someone run through the process?
Strip out the area scripts, any variables, creature cache and then go through the various sections under the Area Contents tab removing waypoints, encounters, triggers etc. I'm not ashamed to admit to "borrowing" a few bits here and there :)
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Cheers

What are hook points, and why can't I delete them?
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Hook points are built into the interior tiles - they're what (eg) doors snap to. You can't get rid of them and you don't need to!
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

What about using OC NPCs?
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

ElCadaver wrote:What about using OC NPCs?
Same deal as the areas, really. You'd have to dupe them and set them up with the correct ACR scripts. At least all their equipment would be correct as it's standard to everyone (although the pricing may be wrong).
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Actually, you can delete hookpoints. Select the tile in question and open Properties. You can go into the Hookpoints field and delete the contents.

I've done this a number of times when I had a hookpoint that was attracting placeables I was trying to lay down in an area - particularly in the Castle tileset, where there are "statuary nooks" with placeables - I had one case where I couldn't figure out where all my chairs, tables, etc., were going until I looked at an adjacent tile and saw them all sticking out of the nook...

This may have been fixed in a more recent update, but I never saw it listed in any of the bugfixes.

Manipulating tile properties is handy - you can retint wall and floor textures, or use alternate textures.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Curmudgeon wrote: Manipulating tile properties is handy - you can retint wall and floor textures, or use alternate textures.
Hmm.. thats interesting. I never really do interiors, but it might be handy. Can you use outdoor textures inside?