Help update my Base Mod?

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
jmecha
Illithid

Help update my Base Mod?

Post by jmecha »

I appear to be missing Item Content from my Base Mod, namely the tintable Thayan Robes. I have searched through the forums and the only instructions I have found for updating my Toolset Base Mod for ALFA building is by downloading the live servers. As a Player I do not have access to downloading the live servers......or if I do have access to download the live Mods, I have no idea how to do so.

Just looking to get access to ALFA available options we have so I can toolset up some items and unique looking armors for myself and other players, please help.
Current Characters: Ravik Ports
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Help update my Base Mod?

Post by Zelknolf »

Old base mod is old. Check your list of haks and check the list of haks you've autodownloaded to play in ALFA recently. Note differences!

Correcting that should correct your missing model problems.
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Between a team of experts I was talked through this process, if anyone ever has similar issues look for me in chat and I will offer my primitive pete guidance.
Current Characters: Ravik Ports
Mirabai
Orc Champion

Post by Mirabai »

Zelknolf wrote:Old base mod is old. Check your list of haks and check the list of haks you've autodownloaded to play in ALFA recently. Note differences!

Correcting that should correct your missing model problems.
How do you even do that? And assuming you figure out how to do that, if you see differences what do you do to correct them?

I'm quite sure this is an issue that comes up from time to time, is it possible to make a step-by-step, updating mod for dummies post?
---Elsewhere---
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

Or better yet attempt to keep the basemod itself up to date. Seems like much less effort in total.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -- Richard Dawkins