Inns

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Inns

Post by Thangorn »

Just finishing off an inn and I cant remember what to do since I haven't built stuff in 2 years or more.

I would like to know how to incorporate the following ALFA standard content -:

* Spawns
* Inn room keys, etc.
* Rest triggers

I guess I can just download a mod and pull it apart. I probably just answered my own question but if you have any advice.. drop it on me.

PS. What ever happened to area musak in NWN2? did we get rid of it? (or maybe did I turn it off?)
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Inns

Post by CloudDancing »

Music: You set it in Area Properties, lower the delay time to like 50, and make sure it is looped.

Then turn it ON by turning up the volume up in the game options.

As per Inns.

Make rest zones by using the Rest Zone cutter in the Triggers section. Just type "rest" into the search bar and it will pop up all the rest cuttters

Merchant connections, I need to learn that as well. It's like NPC Spawn point plus conversation script that opens *** store or something complicated.

Use the Prefabs! I can't stress this enough. Prefabs make doing Inns and interiors so much eaiser. You can download prefabs from NWNVault and put them into your override file. There is a wide vairety out there and it makes for some flavor.

As well ALWAYS convert your none-useable placables to enviromental objects. This will clear inventories from various models. It will also break items with walkmeshes (bridges, stages, balconies) and remove sitabilty from chairs so be aware.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

OK the only thing I am struggling with to finish off my latest project is a script that returns one off keys to the merchant's store when leaving the inn.

So I need something that works like this -:
* On entering the inn, the spawns are activated including the merchant store (DONE)
* In the store are a bunch of keys you can buy for various rooms only one of each (DONE)
* Upon leaving the inn, I need a trigger or a door script to send whatever keys belong to the inn back to the merchant store

lil help please
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Sandermann
Rust Monster

Post by Sandermann »

put a small trigger at the door out of the inn.

In the triggers on_enter event put a script that searches the PCs inventory for the tags of the keys, such as:

object oKEY=GetFirstItemInInventory(GetEnteringObject);
while (GetIsObjectValid(oKEY))
{
if (GetTag(oKEY)=="insert tag of key"))
{CopyItem(oKEY,GetObjectByTag("insert tag of store"),TRUE,FALSE);}
oKey=GetNextItemInInventory(GetEnteringObject);
}

should cycle your PCs inventory and move the keys back to the store.

This would be better placed in the area's on exit event, but you will have to create a copy of the acr area on exit script and assign that to the area. And of course change GetEnteringObject to GetExitingObject.
PC: Liasola Dark Arrow
Ex PC: Arzit'el Tlabbar

Blindhamsterman : "I think Sand may have just won the internet"